Opinion?

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've looked at the UK banks, and they are all gambles right now. For the price, I prefer Lloyds (LYG) and even the Irish banks Allied Irish (AIB) and Bank Of Ireland (IRE) as long term speculative plays. I am heavy in both BAC and C right now, and I do not own any of the European banks, but have looked at them because I feel that the European banks are a good way to play a second wave of bank stock recovery. I feel that Europe's economic recovery will lag behind the US, so ride the big US bank stocks for now, and then trade into European banks in 2011, as the should still be fairly cheap. Good luck!

WishfulThinker

Jan 10, 2009
Houston, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stay out of Banks, Real Estate And Airlines, much too volatile and unpredictable ... too many in PBS Stocks in news and Market Volume Leaders for the day. Learn to use Investors Business Daily Newspaper, website is OK but costs a lot to use $150/yr.
There are LOCAL IBD Meetup Groups all over -- attend some of the meetings and watch what is going on. One thing for certain, no matter whose talking, commenting, or procrastinating, the IBD stock tables in newspaper and online tell the real story of immediate company performance, and buying opportunities.

Use Bigcharts.com // Interactive charts
-and-
MSN.com Money Investing Stocks (Company Report, News, and Research Wizard)
Those will greatly improve your odds.

I use Stockfetcher.com to generate company performance information charts ... little complex but falls in line with information presented at those ubiquitous TV Investment seminar promotion shows, but for a fraction of their cost. The past 3 years have been a disaster, but some sectors are starting to recover. Transportation and basic industries are leading the way... watch economic cycle chart leaders.
Minimum ... on stockfetcher ... watch Industries and Sectors performance ....watch Stochastic(70,20) convergence for buy and sell indicators ..
checkout FINVIZ.com also .. need a high speed connection but look at 3D map of markets ... really interesting concept.

Remember .... not whether you buy low .... but rather always sell higher on good performers leading their sector/group.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions