Wow!!! Stock Market down over 1000!
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    us
    Apr 2009
    Clarksville TN.
    Minelab SE Pro

Wow!!! Stock Market down over 1000!

In matter of less than 5 minutes Market went down over 1000 points, gold up $32, and Silver down 5 cents; something is a brewing on high heat- hope your powder is dry!

May 2006
    CO, AZ
    dfx, Ryedale!
    227 times

Re: Wow!!! Stock Market down over 1000!

Surprised gold and silver did not react more favorably.

Big recovery for the market - but I see lower days ahead. MUCH lower days ahead.

us
    Apr 2009
    Clarksville TN.
    Minelab SE Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jrf30

Big recovery for the market - but I see lower days ahead. MUCH lower days ahead.
    I've family that was underwater in Market- I warned them last year we may reach 11000 but it would drop hard when it drops, was not off by much. sure glad have been in the PM's no worries here other than the State's design on total tyranny.

Several of my Family invested in Cattle- running them on their land and buying of rental properties all of which have went south big time, while I bailed out of everything but home live in.

PM markets are totally manipulated am not expecting big gains only hoping to hold onto wealth- what little have through the conflagration that is coming hard fast on US.

us
    Feb 2010
    Dallas,GA
    Garrett Ace 250
    1 times

This drop was due to the riots and crisis in greece that has been known about for months and months. The fact that our leadership is doing EXACTLY the same thing that greece did and now seeing the violence it will eventually produce here was a major factor in our market plunge today. As soon as there is no one left to take from, or not enough money left to take from them, in order to give to people who have no idea how to take care of themselves they will also riot and protest for their handouts.
    2010 Totals
       1964 Ken 185 , 40% Ken 1605, Ben 48, WLH 17, Barber 1
    90% Proof 13, Proof 180, Other/Comm 13 , silver comm 2
         Merc 2, Roos 24, Canadian 1
          War Nickel 6, Silv Wash 7 Grand total 2010 silver keepers= 1911 keepers

us
    Apr 2009
    Clarksville TN.
    Minelab SE Pro

Quote Originally Posted by JD-GA
    This drop was due to the riots and crisis in greece that has been known about for months and months. The fact that our leadership is doing EXACTLY the same thing that greece did and now seeing the violence it will eventually produce here was a major factor in our market plunge today. As soon as there is no one left to take from, or not enough money left to take from them, in order to give to people who have no idea how to take care of themselves they will also riot and protest for their handouts.
    Yes and the fact Portugal, Spain and Ireland are in as much if not more debt than Greece, the people do not want to give up their assets to the Banksters to be bailed out- our turn in US is coming soon too we are the biggest debtor nation on earth.

us
    Aug 2009
    ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
    18 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by obediah

I've family that was underwater in Market- I warned them last year we may reach 11000 but it would drop hard when it drops, was not off by much. sure glad have been in the PM's no worries here other than the State's design on total tyranny.

Several of my Family invested in Cattle- running them on their land and buying of rental properties all of which have went south big time, while I bailed out of everything but home live in.
    Truthfully I dont fear real estate if 1) You buy value type property and 2)Dont mind doing the work yourself. The other key point here is dont get overleveraged on the mortgage. If you stick to the guideline where you can always get rent thats over your costs it provides a nice little income stream. Where you go wrong is overleveraged and falling rents cause you to become cash flow negative and in deep doo. Rental properties will always be in demand if you are in the right places. But I will say, if you dont want to do work up front, its not for you. You have to be willing to do the dirty work.

Cant say I know that much about cattle....
    There is no silver left around here...

us
    Aug 2009
    ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
    18 times

Quote Originally Posted by JD-GA
    Our day is coming. 50% of the population here are parasites. When the spigot is turned off, there will be violence in the US that no one could imagine.
    There is no silver left around here...

us
    Nov 2008
    2 times

Just looked gold is way up silver way down
    2011 Finds
    6x War Nickels
    1x Buffalo Nickel
    1x Mercury Dimes
    66x Roosevelt Dimes
    2x Canadian Dimes
    0x Washington Quarters
    15x WLH
    12x Franklin
    46x 1964 Kennedy
    161 x 40% Kennedy

us
    May 2005
    Northern California
    2992 times

Yeah Rich, that's funny. I figured where gold goes, silver must follow but that wasn't the case. Wonder why?? Silver has recovered a little but only a little and gold is still up $31.40 at the moment.
    Banking off a Northeast wind, sailin' on a summer breeze

Apr 2008
    455 times

Quote Originally Posted by packerbacker
    Yeah Rich, that's funny. I figured where gold goes, silver must follow but that wasn't the case. Wonder why?? Silver has recovered a little but only a little and gold is still up $31.40 at the moment.
    As much as I like silver, gold is still the "big boy" when it comes to a PM being considered as "money" or a safe haven. Silver does not share that same distinction in the eyes of the big money traders.

I read as much as I can online about silver and gold and I don't buy into how some pundits say there is less silver above ground than gold now due to silver being used up in industry over the years. While it is true silver has many great uses, if there was any kind of silver drought the price would shoot up whether "manipulated" or not.

For example, if a company needs silver to make a product they have to go out on the market and buy it since they need physical. Obviously they are not having any trouble getting it at "market" prices, otherwise there would be a run on it and the price would reflect such. And think about all the silver currency that was made over the years that still exists in "junk bags" and in the coins we still find today, over 45 years after they stopped making silver coins for circulation.

I used to think the gold silver ratio would one day get back to the traditional 16 to 1, but I am starting to doubt it ever will. I am still gonna keep my stash 50/50 in value between silver/gold because I like them better than dollars, but who knows what will happen.

Jim

R.I.P. Rich Hartford

um
    Jan 2010
    Fisher F2
    2 times

They are claiming a human error tripped slide!

Feb 2007
    The Lone Star State
    ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro
    20 times

Quote Originally Posted by obediah

PM markets are totally manipulated am not expecting big gains only hoping to hold onto wealth- what little have through the conflagration that is coming hard fast on US.
    Rumor floating around was that it was a typo of a big selloff which caused a domino effect. Cattle in the past 9 months has been one of the best investments around. Huge dip and then prices bounced right back and are projected to go higher. Better hope the rest of the world falls apart before we do. We are in HORRIBLE shape, but if we are the only one left everyone is still going to depend on us. Can learn from watching greece.
    CRH Totals
    Wheats 247
    Buffalo 6
    War Nic 6
    Merc 0
    Rosie 9
    Quarter
    Walking 15
    Franklin 27
    90% 82
    40% 501
    Proofs:24
    Boxes searched: 193
    Skunks:71

us
    Apr 2009
    Clarksville TN.
    Minelab SE Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Hi Ho Silver!
    Guess we need some more "government" reform, right.

us
    Apr 2010
    1 times

Not about the riots - this was the result of an erroneous trade made by a big bank - but the nervousness about Greece et al. did not help. What this IS is a wakeup call for the government to start really regulating the automated trading and computer trading systems. While I am a dyed-in-the-wool Republican and want the gov't out of my business and life as much as possible, these massive computer trading systems jeapordize ALL of our lives and retirements / pensions / investments.
    2011 Silver totals:
    Franklin - 1
    Walkers - 5
    1964 - 6
    1965 - 2
    1966 - 2
    1967 - 3
    1968 - 6
    1969 - 5
    Silver Quarters- 30
    Silver Rosies- 21
    Mercs - 1
    Canadian Silver - '63 dime
    Wheaties - 127
    Canadian - $46.83
    Euros - $11.50
    Pounds - $12.70

us
    Nov 2008
    2 times

Quote Originally Posted by Hi Ho Silver!
    It was not human error that rumor was false
    2011 Finds
    6x War Nickels
    1x Buffalo Nickel
    1x Mercury Dimes
    66x Roosevelt Dimes
    2x Canadian Dimes
    0x Washington Quarters
    15x WLH
    12x Franklin
    46x 1964 Kennedy
    161 x 40% Kennedy