Facebook Sets I.P.O. Price Range at $28 to $35

Mentalfloss

May 9, 2006
Oahu, Hawaii
3:43 p.m. | Updated After shying away from the public markets for years, Facebook is ready for its debut.On Thursday, Facebook set the estimated price for its initial public offering at $28 to $35 a share, according to a revised prospectus. At the midpoint of the range, the social networking company is on track to raise $10.6 billion, in an debut that could value the company at $86 billion.
The company is finalizing its prospectus, as it prepares for a road show to meet investors in cities like New York, Boston, San Francisco, Chicago, and Baltimore.
On Friday, Facebook executives will meet in New York with the sales forces of the company's underwriters to brief them on the I.P.O. presentation, according a person with knowledge of the matter. Those salespeople will then reach out to prospective investors to begin shopping the offering.
The filing on Thursday is the first time Facebook has officially indicated where its shares will be valued. The company is expected to begin trading on the Nasdaq, under ticker "FB," in two weeks, following an eight- to nine-day road show, according to people familiar with the matter. Given that time frame, Facebook should begin trading May 17 or May 18, these people added.
Investors have been eagerly awaiting the Facebook offering, which is on track to be the largest Internet I.P.O. on record, trumping the debut of Google in 2004. They are lured by the prospect of strong growth: in the first quarter, Facebook's daily active users, a measure of engagement, increased by 41 percent, to 526 million.
Still, Facebook is experiencing the growing pains typical of a technology start-up. While revenue continues to rise, profit sputtered in the first three months of the year, falling 12 percent, to $205 million, as expenses jumped significantly

What do you think? buy in as soon as its opens.

OP
OP
Mentalfloss

Mentalfloss

May 9, 2006
Oahu, Hawaii
UPDATE

Well I went downto wells Fargo to get all the paper work I needed done so I can buy some facebook stock. Well I never felt so out of place in my life and I have done twodeployments to Iraq and Afghanistan, this person at wells Fargo told me infront of my wife that our money was no good there because I couldn’t write acheck for $25,000. She told me they don’t like to open up a new account forsomeone if they don’t have that much to put in. all I wanted to buy was 100 shares.I guess I’m good enough to go overseas for a year but my money is no good here.I am not going to lie I am really mad my last year in Afghanistan was the worsttime of my life and then I come home to try and make a little extra money bybuying stocks and I can’t because I don’t make enough man oh man

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Nevada,Calif.,Utah,Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
try some other small brokerages, call first.I am looking to purchase about 700,shares,depending on price,with a sell order at 99dollars,and a sell order at 1 dollar below the market price I end up paying.

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Nevada,Calif.,Utah,Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not able to buy at ipo price,can purchase second day,so not interested,seems like the millions of shares have been reserved for the ipo elete on 1st day,with the jp morgone news, i have decided to pull more of my funds out of the bank and stick in my empty coffee can,and wait for the inflation/and deflation of our great /not so great greenbaks.
Who knows I dont,maybe I"ll get another 45.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As it turns out, The institutions that would not let you buy it did you guys BIG favors. Funny the hype that led up to the IPO and the disinformation that kept coming out for a small time.

There is a big problem with this company! Look for a bailout. But do not touch this one!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions