jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[h=2]Extreme GREED has thinned the nation's cattle herds, roiling the beef supply chain from rancher to restaurant.[/h]
Come grilling season, expect your sirloin steak to come with a hearty side of sticker shock.
Beef prices have reached all-time highs in the U.S. and aren't expected to come down any time soon.

Cost me $11.99 :o for 3 pounds of Ground Round today at the Butcher Shop :(

Pork But at $1.99 a pound isn't any better :(

Beef prices hit all-time high in U.S. - latimes.com

skeeterd

Oct 11, 2012
Montana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't get the article to open, but the prices are rising because of weather more than anything. Severe drought the last few years have caused ranchers to sell off their breeding stock. The big storm in the Dakotas last fall killed off thousands and created a larger demand for feeders who were setting on excess feed. And the severe cold spells during calving season this year has taken taken a toll on this years crop.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Actually prices are rising because the economy is crapping the bed.Wait a while,a good dinner will be considered Ramen noodles with genuine imitation beef flavor:laughing9:

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007
true!..scary ****! country is changin' to third world status!..(w.t.f.)

(h.h.!)
j.t.

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
Extreme GREED has thinned the nation's cattle herds, roiling the beef supply chain from rancher to restaurant.

Come grilling season, expect your sirloin steak to come with a hearty side of sticker shock.
Beef prices have reached all-time highs in the U.S. and aren't expected to come down any time soon.

Cost me $11.99 :o for 3 pounds of Ground Round today at the Butcher Shop :(

Pork But at $1.99 a pound isn't any better :(

Beef prices hit all-time high in U.S. - latimes.com

I know, They get like $6800 per cow now....... two and a half cows are a new Toyota........

skeeterd

Oct 11, 2012
Montana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know, They get like $6800 per cow now....... two and a half cows are a new Toyota........

$6800 isn't realistic. I've been buying pairs (cow with calf) for $1800-2200. The calves will bring $2.06 a pound at about 600 lbs in october.

skeeterd

Oct 11, 2012
Montana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually prices are rising because the economy is crapping the bed.Wait a while,a good dinner will be considered Ramen noodles with genuine imitation beef flavor:laughing9:

Beef prices are rising because of a very low supply and a very high demand, world wide. IMO, the high food prices are helping to create a crappy economy. The crappy economy isn't driving beef prices up. And you may be right about the ramen noodles!

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Drought ? Apparently I'm getting ever one elses rain :(

I want a Drought

coffee futures are surging also

The CHART OF THE DAY shows that an index comprising futures in New York for arabica coffee and orange juice climbed yesterday to a 25-month high of 378.1, jumping 51 percent in 2014. In the two years ended 2013, the gauge tumbled 37 percent.

Breakfast Costs Poised to Increase as Coffee & OJ Surge - Bloomberg

Last edited:

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is still a lot of drought out there
drmon_small.gif

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread