Beef prices hit all-time high in U.S.
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County, Tower City area
    2 MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO's .......3 Garrett Pro Pointers…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro ....... 2 Sovereign GT's
    37360 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Beef prices hit all-time high in U.S.

Extreme GREED has thinned the nation's cattle herds, roiling the beef supply chain from rancher to restaurant.

Come grilling season, expect your sirloin steak to come with a hearty side of sticker shock.
    Beef prices have reached all-time highs in the U.S. and aren't expected to come down any time soon.

Cost me $11.99 for 3 pounds of Ground Round today at the Butcher Shop

Pork But at $1.99 a pound isn't any better

Beef prices hit all-time high in U.S. - latimes.com

us
    Oct 2012
    Montana
    131 times
    I can't get the article to open, but the prices are rising because of weather more than anything. Severe drought the last few years have caused ranchers to sell off their breeding stock. The big storm in the Dakotas last fall killed off thousands and created a larger demand for feeders who were setting on excess feed. And the severe cold spells during calving season this year has taken taken a toll on this years crop.

us
    WolfPack member

Aug 2009
    New Hampshire
    Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
    7972 times
    The Truth
    Actually prices are rising because the economy is crapping the bed.Wait a while,a good dinner will be considered Ramen noodles with genuine imitation beef flavor

Feb 2007
    158 times
    true!..scary ****! country is changin' to third world status!..(w.t.f.)

(h.h.!)
    j.t.

us
    El Padron

Oct 2010
    Southern California
    The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
    422 times
    Unreported banner: 3 (maybe 4)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff of pa View Post
    Extreme GREED has thinned the nation's cattle herds, roiling the beef supply chain from rancher to restaurant.

Come grilling season, expect your sirloin steak to come with a hearty side of sticker shock.
    Beef prices have reached all-time highs in the U.S. and aren't expected to come down any time soon.

Cost me $11.99 for 3 pounds of Ground Round today at the Butcher Shop

Pork But at $1.99 a pound isn't any better

Beef prices hit all-time high in U.S. - latimes.com

I know, They get like $6800 per cow now....... two and a half cows are a new Toyota........
    Why isn't every metal detector at least water resistant? A $7 drugstore flashlight is guaranteed for life to 10 feet. If a squirrel piss*s onto the face of my sov... well.... thats another forum.

Disclaimer: Most any and all artifacts or valuables mentioned have been found on property that was originally aquired in the 1847 United States of America invasion of Mexico.

United States Veteran, Headquarters Company, Law Enforcement Activity, Ft Campbell Ky. ARMY Military Police.

us
    Oct 2012
    Montana
    131 times
    Quote Originally Posted by el padron View Post

I know, They get like $6800 per cow now....... two and a half cows are a new Toyota........
    $6800 isn't realistic. I've been buying pairs (cow with calf) for $1800-2200. The calves will bring $2.06 a pound at about 600 lbs in october.

us
    Oct 2012
    Montana
    131 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Red James cash View Post
    Actually prices are rising because the economy is crapping the bed.Wait a while,a good dinner will be considered Ramen noodles with genuine imitation beef flavor
    Beef prices are rising because of a very low supply and a very high demand, world wide. IMO, the high food prices are helping to create a crappy economy. The crappy economy isn't driving beef prices up. And you may be right about the ramen noodles!

Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County, Tower City area
    2 MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO's .......3 Garrett Pro Pointers…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro ....... 2 Sovereign GT's
    37360 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Drought ? Apparently I'm getting ever one elses rain

I want a Drought

coffee futures are surging also

The CHART OF THE DAY shows that an index comprising futures in New York for arabica coffee and orange juice climbed yesterday to a 25-month high of 378.1, jumping 51 percent in 2014. In the two years ended 2013, the gauge tumbled 37 percent.

Breakfast Costs Poised to Increase as Coffee & OJ Surge - Bloomberg
    Last edited by jeff of pa; Apr 23, 2014 at 05:21 PM.

us
    Aug 2006
    Middle of Kansas
    208 times
    There is still a lot of drought out there

Sponsored Links