Number one rule of storage unit auctions!!

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kinda goes along the line of Karl Von Mueller's phrase, If and when you find treasure keep your mouth shut!

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
Letting the world know what you just found, if a decent haul, would tend to bring more people into the mix at the next auction. This can easily result in a stream of novices, with dreams of riches in their eyes, bidding up units far beyond their worth.

Yes, this means the dunderheads that post every detail of their lives on whatever the equivalent of Facebook is today. An example of this is the storage auction show on tv. While it is set in Southern California, it has had an effect across the country of more interest by people with more cash than brains.

Wise people speak because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Letting the world know what you just found, if a decent haul, would tend to bring more people into the mix at the next auction. This can easily result in a stream of novices, with dreams of riches in their eyes, bidding up units far beyond their worth.

Yes, this means the dunderheads that post every detail of their lives on whatever the equivalent of Facebook is today. An example of this is the storage auction show on tv. While it is set in Southern California, it has had an effect across the country of more interest by people with more cash than brains.

Wise people speak because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.

And in my experience they get bored real quick because, as you know, they overpay for a bunch of junk they have to haul to the dump and pay again. If you allow this to happen then word spreads that its no fun and soon you get a your quiet world back to yourself.

augoldminer

Jan 7, 2013
high desert goldfields
Detector(s) used
gold master V-sat
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

i just abandoned a storage unit of junk.
it had many boxes of broken junk and trash all labeled as valuable items
plus burned out power tools and electronics.
saved me a a few trips to the dump that the winner will now have to take.

This was the total junk left over from my storage auction wins.

i know of a few bidders that will keep storage units just to dump the junk in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread