Not exactly storage locker but..........

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, after much debate in my head, I decided to post it here. If this is not the right place, I apologize and asked it be moved to where it would be more appropriate. I clean out houses when tenants are forced to vacate. I come across numerous items that is really surprising. I have been doing this for many years and have no plans to stop. My problem is I don't have an interest in everything I find therefore I don't learn or know much about some items. I finished a house on this last Friday that I am still looking through the many totes of stuff I kept. I have been going through the old vintage watches and jewelry and I am lost as to how to find all the marks and things. I am going to have to get some time to get pictures of all these goodies. I know what to do with the coins as I am a collector. I came across a really nice collection yesterday and multiple silver coins scattered around the house. When I actually slow down a little later this week I will take pics and post them up and try to get opinions on what or how I should take care of this stuff.......

Saabman

Aug 1, 2007
Detector(s) used
F75
You may want to check out the Garage Sells thread, lots of knowledgeable people there....

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Find an old watch repair business and they should be able to show you how to read the marks and it's value.
Also the advanced search of sold items on eBay, should give you a fairly good idea what the market will bring.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of old vintage watches are not worth much because they cost more to repair and they're worth. Sounds like most of the ones you got were for parts or repair. If you want to PM me pictures of what you have I will be happy to work with you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread