STORAGE LOCKER IN HOUSTON TEXAS, May 2015
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By Jyorsky
  • 5 Post By pat-tekker-cat
  • 2 Post By kingskid1611
  • 1 Post By kingskid1611
  • 1 Post By davest
  • 1 Post By nomad 11

Thread: STORAGE LOCKER IN HOUSTON TEXAS, May 2015

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Sep 2012
    MXT PRO AT GOLD ACE 250
    221 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

STORAGE LOCKER IN HOUSTON TEXAS, May 2015

I stumbled across 3 storage lockers 1, 12 x 40 and 2 12 x 80, that were end to end...previous owners had been paying for over 10 years...
    5 total vehicles, with 3 throw aways, 2 each Buick Grand Nationals. I paid owner $500 and paid back rent, and ended up paying rent for one year.
    Invested well over $6000 for rent and dumpsters, 2 each, as a lot of items were roached out and rat infested, and mouse infested....mostly dead crittrters......long and hard work for a year......
    Made my money back, but boy what a night mare it was......
    the lockers were literally stacked to the ceilings, with abandoned tires, old rolled insulation, tools, furniture in boxes, dishes and collectibles in boxes.
    did I may a profit....yes...was it very hard work...yes...would I do it again....don't know...........
    Honest Samuel likes this.

us
    Cat teaches man, not everything here serves him.

Feb 2011
    S. Fl.
    Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
    8499 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Always hafta consider: Your time is money!

The most elusive commodity ever, no one makes it, you can't store or save it, or even touch it.
    So one should always value their time wisely.

With that said, I'm kinda sorta in the middle of a similar scenario, time vs things, arghhh, lol.
    Right now, I'd rather be on my beloved beach with gold in the scoop and a refreshing adult beverage in hand, but alas, it may not be a storage locker, but I've already filled up 2 1/2 community dumpsters.....
    Ppl, pls don't "save" things, use and enjoy them. That's better than having your "things" end up in the trash.
    Time vs things.......
    Yesterday is history, tomorow a mystery. All we have is the here and now, it's a special gift. That's why we call it "The Present"

Pity the poor agnostic dyslexic insomniac who lies awake at night wondering if there really is a Dog.

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2015
    Oklahoma
    6314 times
    I just bid on a cleanout property for a bank. Its been empty since November, but will take 5 or 6 thirty yard dumpsters and lots of hard work to clean up. Way in the back of the property is an old shed filled to the top with tools and craftsman toolboxes....I can't wait to see what awaits me in the house if this was out in the shed....
    Mzjavert and 4x4x4 like this.
    Tell me and I'll forget. Show me, and I may not remember. Involve me, and I'll understand. - Tribe Unknown. Those that lie down with dogs, get up with fleas. - Blackfoot

Sep 2012
    MXT PRO AT GOLD ACE 250
    221 times
    What exactly is or means to bid bid a clean out property, was it a house or commercial bldg......
    How does one get on bid list for something like that?

Sep 2012
    MXT PRO AT GOLD ACE 250
    221 times
    Do u need help?? Lol

Jan 2016
    569 times
    What exactly is or means to bid bid a clean out property, was it a house or commercial bldg......
    You bid to clean it up and haul everything away.

Many hope that they will find something valuable in the mess.
    the first 5 days after the weekend are the toughest...

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2015
    Oklahoma
    6314 times
    I bid it with the intent to find something valuable but not the promise of a find. So its mostly houses that I clean. foreclosures, forfeitures, evictions, family deaths. I always come out ahead and with plenty of neat things of value. its great fun but I fell into it all by accident and now I'm running ragged to keep up..... But its a great ride.....
    4x4x4 likes this.
    Tell me and I'll forget. Show me, and I may not remember. Involve me, and I'll understand. - Tribe Unknown. Those that lie down with dogs, get up with fleas. - Blackfoot

us
    Aug 2012
    St Louis
    57 times
    [QUOTE=kingskid1611;5490754] ...but I fell into it all by accident.../QUOTE]
    Any tips on how to accidentally fall into this in my area?

Sep 2012
    MXT PRO AT GOLD ACE 250
    221 times
    Follow up, going through some old stuff and found a lighter that was in this locker
    An original
    MEGADETH ZIPPO LIGHTER
    ORIGINAL ON EBAY

one fron Japan is high 4 hundreds. Mine one $305. Check it out if you are a MEGADETH fan

Jun 2012
    Oklahoma
    Equinox 800, Ace 250
    406 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kingskid1611 View Post
    I bid it with the intent to find something valuable but not the promise of a find. So its mostly houses that I clean. foreclosures, forfeitures, evictions, family deaths. I always come out ahead and with plenty of neat things of value. its great fun but I fell into it all by accident and now I'm running ragged to keep up..... But its a great ride.....
    kingskid, curious if this turned into a business for you? My brother-in-law did this in the OKC area but doesn't do it out of interest...just to make money. He ultimately moved on to other things.

Charter Member

Nov 2007
    somewhere between here and there, south of over there but north of that place
    titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
    1182 times
    not to answer for Kingskid, but have you ever watched "storage wars"? You'll have to teach yourself valuation of product along with having a storage area for the product you want to sell. Of course, you'll need someone you can trust to help with the clean outs, the pricing, and collecting your profits. It's hard to be 4 people at the same time some times.

It's a learning experience.
    kingskid1611 likes this.
    when you tug on a single thing in nature, you'll find it's connected to the rest of the world. John muir

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2015
    Oklahoma
    6314 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Owassokie View Post
    kingskid, curious if this turned into a business for you? My brother-in-law did this in the OKC area but doesn't do it out of interest...just to make money. He ultimately moved on to other things.
    Yes I have been doing this for several years now. Again I don't go into it with the mindset of treasure hunting and I bid for the haul off of the items. It just so happens that I almost always find something worth keeping. It has been keeping me busy for a number of years now. I do work similar to the show Hoarders and Junk Kings. I just haven't been on that grand of a scale or syndicated yet....

us
    nomad roman numeral 2

Nov 2009
    nomads land
    any tector i can get my hands on
    2440 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jyorsky View Post
    Follow up, going through some old stuff and found a lighter that was in this locker
    An original
    MEGADETH ZIPPO LIGHTER
    ORIGINAL ON EBAY

one fron Japan is high 4 hundreds. Mine one $305. Check it out if you are a MEGADETH fan
    you hit pay dirt there. now that made it all worth while dint it ? just the way u describe the mess the picture i paint in my mind doesnt sum it up. pictures would have totally convinced me. sounds like a mess.
    Keppy likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    IT COULD BE A VALUABLE PRIZE "YOU NEVER KNOW"

Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    ** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
    2784 times
    ANY TYPE OF TREASURE HUNTING THAT PUTS MONEY IN MY POCKET
    Quote Originally Posted by nomad 11 View Post
    you hit pay dirt there. now that made it all worth while dint it ? just the way u describe the mess the picture i paint in my mind doesnt sum it up. pictures would have totally convinced me. sounds like a mess.
    Ya not for me either to much work.
    ".. Let no one know what , when , or where ..'

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links