Abandoned Storage Units Are Where It's At Guys! I've Made Nearly $3k buying 3 units!

stealthycat

Feb 17, 2012
Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pros
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I did them for a while but they go so high now in the area I'm at ... even junk ones go for several hundred, people trying to "hit" on something good

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did them for a while but they go so high now in the area I'm at ... even junk ones go for several hundred, people trying to "hit" on something good

I will give you a good idea to try.....Go to the storage place and leave your name and number to be given to locker winners saying that you haul off all their trash for xxx amount of dollars a load. And also if a locker doesn't sell you will haul it off for free for the contents. Most will be more than happy to have you make a business of hauling off the trash and if your lucky you can get a few free lockers too.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are programs dedicated to this , and clearly there are a ton of " loser" lockers too . Consider the facts that not everyone has a truck or hauling vehicle to get those couches , refridgerators , and mattresses out of there . Also not everyone has hundreds or thousands of discretionary dollars to bid on lockers , and you gotta have a place to take and store all that stuff until it sells ! I'm not saying you can't make the occasional score now and then - but to say " this is where it's at" is not telling the whole story .

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are programs dedicated to this , and clearly there are a ton of " loser" lockers too . Consider the facts that not everyone has a truck or hauling vehicle to get those couches , refridgerators , and mattresses out of there . Also not everyone has hundreds or thousands of discretionary dollars to bid on lockers , and you gotta have a place to take and store all that stuff until it sells ! I'm not saying you can't make the occasional score now and then - but to say " this is where it's at" is not telling the whole story .

Get with a local auction company that has consignment auctions. See if you can store stuff there until you have enough or rent a semi trailer until full then take to the auction and watch the fun.....

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The downside is getting rid of all the buggy mattresses and clothing you find, not to mention the broken furniture and appliances. Then you have to deal with expired food, used sex toys and dead rodents in the boxes! I think I'll pass...

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd rather make youtube videos. Then you don't have to deal with the stuff mentioned above. :laughing7:

I went to some of those storage auctions, I passed for the exact reasons freebird mentions. All the matress's, couch's. dirty lazyboys, etc......Some of that stuff is nasty!! Feel like your getting bed bugs,lice and roaches, just by looking in the door!!!

Last edited:

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Selling furniture on the secondary market is challenging to say the least - even decent antique furniture ! Here in Santa fe there are a dozen or more large consignment galleries , plus a ton of thrift stores ( Good will , Savers , St. Vincent de Paul, Sal. Army etc.) There is way too much of this stuff around here .

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Tons of it everywhere.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd be more interested in reading your posts if you included pictures of some of your finds. You rarely answer replies here which leads me to belive you are here only to generate YouTube traffic.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a face and body that goes over great, on radio. Honestly, I wouldn't watch the video because the title page creeps me out. :skullflag:

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Selling furniture on the secondary market is challenging to say the least - even decent antique furniture ! Here in Santa fe there are a dozen or more large consignment galleries , plus a ton of thrift stores ( Good will , Savers , St. Vincent de Paul, Sal. Army etc.) There is way too much of this stuff around here .

I still have some beautiful victorian era furniture stored.some hand carved even...Basically worthless!! Compared to 15 to 20 years back.

pottery? glass? all worthless compared to the past. Heck any collectable has flooded the market. The only stuff of any value is the super rare stuff! That has even dropped in price.

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I'd pay not to have to look through someone elses junk let alone haul it around lol.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two days later and he hasn't replied to any comments? I think he has proved to all of us his intentions.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it should be removed from "today's finds" and moved to the "treasure hunting and metal detecting videos" forum. Doesn't belong here, in my opinion.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two days later and he hasn't replied to any comments? I think he has proved to all of us his intentions.

I've watched some of his video's while exploring youtube. But had no clue he was a member here. I'm not sure I've seen any posts other than the video's.

I do have to admit what he's doing looks like fun the whole way around. Making video's, youtube, storage lockers, dumpster diving, etc.. But if you want people to watch and follow you have to get involved in the conversations of the threads. People would be more willing to follow. I could care less either way, I make comments but I really don't care, as long as he's having fun with it? I'll watch occasionally for now. Seems harmless.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread