Abandoned Storage Units Are Where Its At Guys! Ive Made Nearly $3k buying 3 units!
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Abandoned Storage Units Are Where Its At Guys! Ive Made Nearly $3k buying 3 units!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Jan 2016
    241 times
    Dumpster Diving

Abandoned Storage Units Are Where It's At Guys! I've Made Nearly $3k buying 3 units!

GB1, thrifty76now, A2coins and 2 others like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2015
    Oklahoma
    6413 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Why buy the units if you can get them for free?
    masterjedi and A2coins like this.
    Tell me and I'll forget. Show me, and I may not remember. Involve me, and I'll understand. - Tribe Unknown. Those that lie down with dogs, get up with fleas. - Blackfoot

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    42232 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    if there honest
    kingskid1611 likes this.
    Still Available Approved TreasureNet Sticker $2.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::. I have 34 left PM me if you would like to buy any Tommy.................... Put it on my Trans Am FREE SHIPPING Street Racing My Trans Am W/Tnet Stick

us
    Feb 2012
    Arkansas
    AT Pros
    247 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I did them for a while but they go so high now in the area I'm at ... even junk ones go for several hundred, people trying to "hit" on something good
    A2coins and Nitric like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2015
    Oklahoma
    6413 times
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthycat View Post
    I did them for a while but they go so high now in the area I'm at ... even junk ones go for several hundred, people trying to "hit" on something good
    I will give you a good idea to try.....Go to the storage place and leave your name and number to be given to locker winners saying that you haul off all their trash for xxx amount of dollars a load. And also if a locker doesn't sell you will haul it off for free for the contents. Most will be more than happy to have you make a business of hauling off the trash and if your lucky you can get a few free lockers too.
    PetesPockets55, Nitric and A2coins like this.
    Tell me and I'll forget. Show me, and I may not remember. Involve me, and I'll understand. - Tribe Unknown. Those that lie down with dogs, get up with fleas. - Blackfoot

us
    Feb 2008
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    Whites, MXT.
    5389 times
    There are programs dedicated to this , and clearly there are a ton of " loser" lockers too . Consider the facts that not everyone has a truck or hauling vehicle to get those couches , refridgerators , and mattresses out of there . Also not everyone has hundreds or thousands of discretionary dollars to bid on lockers , and you gotta have a place to take and store all that stuff until it sells ! I'm not saying you can't make the occasional score now and then - but to say " this is where it's at" is not telling the whole story .
    Nitric and A2coins like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2015
    Oklahoma
    6413 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Argentium View Post
    There are programs dedicated to this , and clearly there are a ton of " loser" lockers too . Consider the facts that not everyone has a truck or hauling vehicle to get those couches , refridgerators , and mattresses out of there . Also not everyone has hundreds or thousands of discretionary dollars to bid on lockers , and you gotta have a place to take and store all that stuff until it sells ! I'm not saying you can't make the occasional score now and then - but to say " this is where it's at" is not telling the whole story .
    Get with a local auction company that has consignment auctions. See if you can store stuff there until you have enough or rent a semi trailer until full then take to the auction and watch the fun.....
    A2coins likes this.

us
    Sep 2013
    Scituate, RI
    Garrett AT Pro
    5494 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    The downside is getting rid of all the buggy mattresses and clothing you find, not to mention the broken furniture and appliances. Then you have to deal with expired food, used sex toys and dead rodents in the boxes! I think I'll pass...

us
    WP

Mar 2014
    Dallas,GA
    CZ6A
    6281 times
    I'd rather make youtube videos. Then you don't have to deal with the stuff mentioned above.

I went to some of those storage auctions, I passed for the exact reasons freebird mentions. All the matress's, couch's. dirty lazyboys, etc......Some of that stuff is nasty!! Feel like your getting bed bugs,lice and roaches, just by looking in the door!!!
    Last edited by Nitric; Sep 17, 2018 at 01:20 AM.
    Simon1 and FreeBirdTim like this.

us
    Feb 2008
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    Whites, MXT.
    5389 times
    Selling furniture on the secondary market is challenging to say the least - even decent antique furniture ! Here in Santa fe there are a dozen or more large consignment galleries , plus a ton of thrift stores ( Good will , Savers , St. Vincent de Paul, Sal. Army etc.) There is way too much of this stuff around here .
    Nitric likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Rook

Nov 2013
    XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
    90616 times
    Cache Hunting
    Tons of it everywhere.
    Nitric likes this.
    When you come to a fork in the road, take it.

Charter Member
    us
    Watch For Motorcycles

Dec 2009
    St. Charles County, Missouri
    Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
    3102 times
    I'd be more interested in reading your posts if you included pictures of some of your finds. You rarely answer replies here which leads me to belive you are here only to generate YouTube traffic.
    Watch for Motorcycles

Charter Member
    us
    May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000 -- Equinox 600 -- Vanquish 540 -- Minelab Pro Find 35 // Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger // Bunk's Hermit Pick // Sponsored By Fort Bedford Metal Detectors
    27028 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I have a face and body that goes over great, on radio. Honestly, I wouldn't watch the video because the title page creeps me out.

us
    WP

Mar 2014
    Dallas,GA
    CZ6A
    6281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Argentium View Post
    Selling furniture on the secondary market is challenging to say the least - even decent antique furniture ! Here in Santa fe there are a dozen or more large consignment galleries , plus a ton of thrift stores ( Good will , Savers , St. Vincent de Paul, Sal. Army etc.) There is way too much of this stuff around here .
    I still have some beautiful victorian era furniture stored.some hand carved even...Basically worthless!! Compared to 15 to 20 years back.

pottery? glass? all worthless compared to the past. Heck any collectable has flooded the market. The only stuff of any value is the super rare stuff! That has even dropped in price.

us
    Mar 2015
    Bodymore, Metalland
    Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
    1769 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Man I'd pay not to have to look through someone elses junk let alone haul it around lol.
    Nitric likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links