Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
==========
I had a brake line crack on me, late at night and before stores stayed open 24 hours. I flared it and it worked as a temp. fix. My main problem is I did a standard flare and brake lines are suppose to be "inverted" flares. In an emergency you do what you have to do. Lucky for you it was the rear as the front brakes apply first so you should have some braking ability until all your brake fluid leaked out. One time I had to use my emergency brake for brakes as my muffler fell off and severed the lines on its exit. :icon_scratch:

Ya my emergency brake is disconnected too. :laughing7: I didn't even know the line failed, I stopped to get out and smoke, since we don't smoke in the vehicle with our son. I was on the phone, smoking, walking around the truck and saw something wet dripping from the wheel well. I thought"hmmm, It's not wet out?".:laughing7: I'm use to bubble gumming things together. I did a rear end rebuild. I needed to move my mom's stuff from here condo in FL back to GA. I thought...I'll just do a half a$$ job, it just needs to make it to FL and back then I'll figure it out. Well, That was months ago, I've put thousands of miles on since, I've driven to FL,OH,AL,SC multiple times with the rear end just screaming!!!!:laughing7: I must have done something right! It hasn't locked up yet and I rebuilt it with barely any tools in the middle of a driveway. I just couldn't get the gears set exactly where they were when they wore, so it's loud!! I left it a little loose too, since I didn't have the right stuff to set it up.

Last edited:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Ever have the clutch adjuster fall out unknowingly and when you go to stop at a red light and put the clutch pedal in............ and nothing !

OP
OP
Nitric

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ever have the clutch adjuster fall out unknowingly and when you go to stop at a red light and put the clutch pedal in............ and nothing !

No, but I have had the clutch slave or master go out, it does the same thing. :laughing7: I actually bought a awd turbo Talon for $200 years ago, the guy thought the tranny was out. When we got it to my house we figured out the tranny was fine, it was the clutch master cylinder that was bad.:laughing7: I bought one of the 6cyl fiero's the same way, the person told me the tranny was bad, here it blew a tranny line and there was nothing wrong with the car. It was $200 or $300 and that was back when they were somewhat popular. I need to run into one of those deals right now!!!! :laughing7:

randywa

Sep 29, 2017
S.W. Mo.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I was in north Phoenix at evening rush hour and the clutch slave crapped out in a 1 ton with a 36' gooseneck and 2 ford 3600 tractors and 4 pallets of sod on. It seemed like the cars around me figured it out by the third stoplight, don't get in front of the crazy guy. Shut it off at the light, put it in 3rd, and crank the starter when the light changed. The starter had all it wanted but made it the 70 miles to the farm and only bucked about a half pallet of grass off. And I was sure happy to get there.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok, you win randyw ! :laughing7: I still like those Pontiac Fieros. My brother-in-law had a red 6 cylinder one. Just a neat two seater. 4 cylinder sucked due to engine fires !

OP
OP
Nitric

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was in north Phoenix at evening rush hour and the clutch slave crapped out in a 1 ton with a 36' gooseneck and 2 ford 3600 tractors and 4 pallets of sod on. It seemed like the cars around me figured it out by the third stoplight, don't get in front of the crazy guy. Shut it off at the light, put it in 3rd, and crank the starter when the light changed. The starter had all it wanted but made it the 70 miles to the farm and only bucked about a half pallet of grass off. And I was sure happy to get there.

The starter remark made me laugh...We use to offroad a jeep. I took it to some strp mines and of course the furthest point out the motor quit.I drove it the whole way out of that place to the main road in 4 wheel low with the starter.:laughing7: Over hills, through mud, etc...That starter was smoking by the time we made it out. but it worked to get out!!

OP
OP
Nitric

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, you win randyw ! :laughing7: I still like those Pontiac Fieros. My brother-in-law had a red 6 cylinder one. Just a neat two seater. 4 cylinder sucked due to engine fires !

Over the years I had 4 of the fiero's, The 4cyl originally came with the idea of putting 3qts of oil. You had to change the dip stick or mark it for 4qts. The difference is what kept them from catching on fire. It was done in a recall but there were some that never had it done. There may have been a little more to it but that's all I remember it's been years now. I may have that wrong too, maybe they came 4 qt and you had to change them to 5...something like that. add a quart is all I know for sure.:laughing7: I had it down to where I could drop the whole motor and trans and change a clutch in no time. My friend had a lift so that made it nice. Drp the whole sub frame out of the car.

Last edited:

AlabamaClay

Dec 27, 2004
If you want to buy a lot of stuff for cheap and know for sure what you are getting, start going to estate sales on the last day. The estate sale company is trying to get all they can for the family but also need to clean the house out. I’ve seen people make large piles of the items that are left and get it all for a super deal. Check some different companies out and see how they work it.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive thought about it seems too risky

drbecker

Feb 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been doing locker about 20 years. Before the unreality shows it was much easier to make a buck. If you are careful and patient about buying you can get a lot of stuff cheap. In August I bought 4 lockers for $32. 3 were 10x10s one a 5 x15. Dump fees exceeded $300. I did okay on 3 of them one was a bust over 3000 pounds of so clothes most not even suitable for good will and one dry suit that sold for $180 bucks on ebay. One was great lots of tools several hundred in tools some silver some other good stuff. One set a record for me in storage 37 years not a lot of great stuff but enough. Then in Sept I bought one locker for $200 looked good. Lost money on that one.
I Jan I bought my best locker in a long time though a 10X30jammed for $5. Its returned close to a $1000 so far and I still have some cook stuff left
So its a bit of a Gamble don't spend money you can not afford to lose. They are almost always not as good as you think when you first look and its a lot of work.

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1540518706.899780.jpg

Dude $400?- learn about jewelry and precious metals- seriously study it. You can start w the pages I wrote for hunter ridge (start here http://blog.hunterridgejewelry.com/...lated-and-gold-filled-jewelry/comment-page-1/)

I do roughly $2k a month in my spare time - mostly from the same three thrifts at lunchtime. Everything else is fun (the antiques, antiquities, art etc), but the jewelry and watches brings the regular cash. Then hit a few sales on Saturday morning and you will easily crush it. The treasure is out there for the taking.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. And I apologize if I sound obnoxious, but I read the $400 a week and was like What!? That should be a snap.

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope, haven't tried doing the storage units, I'd want a sizeable chunk of land with an outbuilding and burn pit as a staging area before jumping into it, as my 20x20 workshop is already cluttered enough currently!

Regarding your domestic situation, I'm in a similar position with my wife being a professor and I being "Mr Mom" watching our baby girl at home. Years ago most of what I sold on eBay was antiques/collectibles, and while the money was good enough I felt that I could build something more efficient and profitable. The problem with "unique" items is that aside from the legwork finding them you need to take fresh pics and write new descriptions for everything as well as safely package the different items, which can take a lot of time. I figured that the best way to improve efficiency was to grow, collect, and purchase bulk materials for me to harvest and process or repackage into small "consumer" quantities, all with standardized packaging, labeling, and shipping methods to sell via dutch auction, which means that for the effort expended making 1 nice antique listing, one could create a dutch auction that stays up for years and sells hundreds or thousands of units. So for example, you could research the most popular heirloom vegetable varieties and start growing them for seeds to sell (if I were in GA I'd be growing buttloads of the ultra-spicy hot pepper varieties for seed to sell, the demand is enormous), go "wildcrafting" for desirable wild herbs, seeds, nuts, fungus (people sell dried morels for gobs, and I made over a grand 1 year just selling giant puffball spores haha), tree burls and whatever else to sell, or find bulk products that are in-demand to repackage (big bags of tannic acid, red iron oxide, polishing compounds, or literally 100,000 other things). That way you have access to a truly global market and won't be constrained by the apparent frugality of your area. I rolled out of bed this morning to see 614.48 in sales today with 2/3 of the day to go, and a theoretically endless supply of those products, with some of the bulk-purchased ones being marked-up over 3,000%. It takes some work and good sense to get-going, but certainly beats fiendishly scrounging around for the next special antique to make a stack off of. If any of that sounds appealing you can PM me for more info, I gots me some pretty decent ideas.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread