I Found a Wad of Cash In An Abandoned Storage Unit!

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well while you Marys cry about rules not bending to your current manic mood, you sure are gaining this thread a great deal of traffic.

Can you guess the age group of the thread? :laughing7: I understand what's being said, I'm just looking at it a little different I guess.

To me it's still a contribution to the site. Maybe not real active, but still a treasure hunting story and finds.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yes i do and i miss it

Sorry, but this impels me to ask.
What in the world does this comment relate to?
Also, you have been a member since 2012 and this is your first post?

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Can you guess the age group of the thread? :laughing7: I understand what's being said, I'm just looking at it a little different I guess.

To me it's still a contribution to the site. Maybe not real active, but still a treasure hunting story and finds.

I hear you, but its not just the age, its the mentality.

Aug 5, 2015
Detector(s) used
Entry level POS that I found in the thickets along a river.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear you, but its not just the age, its the mentality.

If you are accusing me of being old and grumpy and resistant to any change, then I am going to have to ask you to get off my lawn, sonny!

jb58

May 22, 2009
missouri
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
basically why i do not post my finds here anymore..click bait adds and too many click bait titles(in peoples finds) keep it simple and give people an idea of what you found instead of the click bait method..didnt see much of this a few years back when i use too post here...but have it your way..i will not post though ..but will browse.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
***YAWN***

Arrg... first thread clicked this morning... so it got me too.

I have seen this "Jeebus" dude's vids on the tube before... one where he finds a stash of pot laced gummy worms.

I admit... I watched the damn thing. :/

catherine1

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What about the people racing around the site trying to get the most post's, how many times do we have to scroll past that meaningless crap......

Dirtwisher

Nov 1, 2013
MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 9" and 11", AT Pro, Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The problem I have with it is that many youtubers are operating a commercial venture. We don’t allow standard ads masquerading as posts, and the “please subscribe” request at the end of many videos is no different, particularly if there are sponsors on the channel already. I think it taints the site.

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
:laughing7:I thought the head line was a car dealership unloading the last of the 2018’s

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's a simple matter of remembering the members that post things you aren't in to, or that seem to be not in line with what you consider correct and avoid the posts altogether. There was a guy on another site that would get dozens of angry replies. But that's what he wanted. The attention good or bad gave him satisfaction. I no longer use that site. I found it to be very unfriendly. Not supportive of beginners and competitive to the point of people faking finds. I'd rather post my five gallon scrap buckets than try to claim something untrue. I get great satisfaction from what little i can squeeze out of my area.

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
But it keeps tricking the simple minded folks into clicking on it; its just not fair that the youtuber is smarter than them poor slow folk.
now now there ya go pointin fingers at me gain:icon_scratch:....................................................then ya wonder why i have a complex

Last edited:

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Threads like these, with only a video link, need to be moved to the video section of the forum. I'd never dream of posting my videos in the today's finds category. Frustrating!

Agree 100%!

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
some people are harder to please than others. somebody explain that to me if you have time ?

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My point is simple, if Tnet grows in this way & everyone posts in this manner, then there is NOTHING other than links to another site. I thought this site was about a community of like minded individuals who want to INTERACT & share.

I agree almost entirely, although I enjoy that there is a diverse community of individuals interacting and sharing, not all of whom are not all like-minded. If everyone here thought exactly alike, I wouldn't be here because I wouldn't learn as much. I wish that I could share more but I haven't found anything worth posting lately...

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I apologize for my condemnation of others.

I looked up this guy's profile and clicked on his "posted threads".

Each one I went to was just a Youtube video with no "presentation"

I'm sorry, it's clickbait. As much as I love Youtube, I won't click on one of these again. I'll probably block him.

And YOU dude, you could help yourself if you just spoke about your adventures versus only giving us a video link. I hope me bailing out because of my feelings won't hinder your clickbait profits.

Everyone else just continue clicking....

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes i do and i miss it

Sorry, but this impels me to ask.
What in the world does this comment relate to?
Also, you have been a member since 2012 and this is your first post?

I apologize for my condemnation of others.

I looked up this guy's profile and clicked on his "posted threads".

Each one I went to was just a Youtube video with no "presentation"

I'm sorry, it's clickbait. As much as I love Youtube, I won't click on one of these again. I'll probably block him.

And YOU dude, you could help yourself if you just spoke about your adventures versus only giving us a video link. I hope me bailing out because of my feelings won't hinder your clickbait profits.

Everyone else just continue clicking....

I did the same thing. His only posts are starting one of these YouTube Vid threads or commenting on his own thread!

Not a way to build a TNet community feeling!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions