Nevada,Calif.,Utah,Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
In the page 88 of " The sterling legend " book , is written the Apache version of how the treasure of Santa Fe was performed .
And the text is this

View attachment 1585288

It's a mishmash of several older tales. The "rape of an Indian girl" originated with the tale of the second and larger Peralta massacre, if I'm not wrong.

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The cave with the gold which E. Conatser wrote about , contains gold bars and not sadlebags filled with gold ore . I believe what was found in 1948 , was the sadlebags which were deposited there by the Apaches after they have massacred the Mexicans .
Nope not saddlebags, 8 inch diameter leather bags with processed gold ore. Found at the massacure grounds. Most likely buried by the miners (Peraltas) before they were over run. The top of the bags were only one inch from the top of the ground, as per the newspaper article.

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
It's a mishmash of several older tales. The "rape of an Indian girl" originated with the tale of the second and larger Peralta massacre, if I'm not wrong.
Actually the story I heard was that the Peraltas stopped paying off the "local" tribe of Apaches as they had a big party (both times), so they weren't worried about 30 Apaches. What they didn't know was that as time went by while they were mining that tribe got 6 other tribes together to wipe them out.

OP
OP
markmar

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The story of Santa Fe treasure has not any Peralta involved . And I wanted to show in the Estee text , how the treasure was accumulated and not what were the circumstances and the arguments around the Spaniards killing .
I believe was not the raping the argument but how one ( maybe a girl ) or more Apache had approached the cave very close and was/were killed by a trap which was in the way to the cave .
The Spaniards were masters in making traps and made some to protect the treasure . For this is the " stone trail " map , to avoid the traps . The Apache were not aware of the " trail " and to avoid the traps , they climbed down from above using a rope . Maybe some of those traps to be deactivated today due the time and elements , but even without traps , someone must to follow the " trail " to find the cave because is hidden from sight .
The Peraltas went long after , but they didn't find the treasure . They were miners and not treasure hunters .

OP
OP
markmar

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is an image of the region close to the cave where the Spaniards had made the settlement . Now is a ruin but keeps its strategical role in the treasure defense . Look at its layout which was made in that manner to guide you there where they wanted to go.
There are also two small hearts ( yellow circles ) opposite each other , which were made to lure , so somebody would believe have solved the riddle , but instead ...
Of course the " trail " is off the settlement .

settlement.png settlement2.PNG

Last edited:

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The story of Santa Fe treasure has not any Peralta involved . And I wanted to show in the Estee text , how the treasure was accumulated and not what were the circumstances and the arguments around the Spaniards killing .
I believe was not the raping the argument but how one ( maybe a girl ) or more Apache had approached the cave very close and was/were killed by a trap which was in the way to the cave .
The Spaniards were masters in making traps and made some to protect the treasure . For this is the " stone trail " map , to avoid the traps . The Apache were not aware of the " trail " and to avoid the traps , they climbed down from above using a rope . Maybe some of those traps to be deactivated today due the time and elements , but even without traps , someone must to follow the " trail " to find the cave because is hidden from sight .
The Peraltas went long after , but they didn't find the treasure . They were miners and not treasure hunters .

Is it possible that this is also the cave where the guy fell into in the 50's and saw the man sized silver statue of a priest? When he was found still crawling because he had broken his leg, they got him to the hospital but he was too far gone to save.
And of course couldn't tell them how to get back to it. A lot like the Jones story and the one I heard in Bisbee. The one in Bisbee was gold coins and he still had some in his pockets.

OP
OP
markmar

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it possible that this is also the cave where the guy fell into in the 50's and saw the man sized silver statue of a priest? When he was found still crawling because he had broken his leg, they got him to the hospital but he was too far gone to save.
And of course couldn't tell them how to get back to it. A lot like the Jones story and the one I heard in Bisbee. The one in Bisbee was gold coins and he still had some in his pockets.

That is a different cache/treasure which is not related to the stone maps . Is a church treasure dated 18th century .

OP
OP
markmar

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also , in " The sterling legend " book at page #45 is a story about Geronimo describing the place of the cave of gold . In that story , Geronimo said how the cave is under the " nose " of a rocky Indian head .

text.jpg

And the next pic just vindicates Geronimo : the Cross under the " nose " of the rocky head .

Geronimo clue.JPG

Last edited:

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Well the way I heard it, the second/Last Peralta massacre was like the first. The 2 sons didn't know about paying off the Apache's and thought that their party was to big to worry about the Apaches that lived near there. As they were leaving and coming down the Salt River, as the Apaches, all the tribes again, were about to hit them and drive them up to the Massacre Grounds, they turned off and went up to the grounds by themselves. To recover the gold left from the last massacre. The Apaches followed them up and then hit them when they got there. The Rape story was just that a "Story", IMHO. The Apaches were after all the things that the miners had of value to them. Knives, guns ect. Just like the Plains Indians when they hit the wagon trains. Loot! Again IMO.

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Talking about "Stories, the only one I put any faith in was Dobie's. Pieced 4 of the stories together one after another and ended up at Lukesville,AZ and looked across the border, before the trailers were put up on the Mexico side, and found the shadow gram of the Mission and the shadow gram of the upper chapel. Found out later that the upper chapel had been excavated in 1910 by a "Arch" from the U of A. Never touched the mission just the upper chapel basement, where the gold was smelted down into bars for shipping down to Mexico City. Oh Well.

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also , in " The sterling legend " book at page #45 is a story about Geronimo describing the place of the cave of gold . In that story , Geronimo said how the cave is under the " nose " of a rocky Indian head .

View attachment 1586493

And the next pic just vindicates Geronimo : the Cross under the " nose " of the rocky head .

View attachment 1586494

If its in the Supers, and on the stone maps. It would be this place. Indian head in red, Rock marker in blue form the stone map.
View attachment 1587918

OP
OP
markmar

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Talking about "Stories, the only one I put any faith in was Dobie's. Pieced 4 of the stories together one after another and ended up at Lukesville,AZ and looked across the border, before the trailers were put up on the Mexico side, and found the shadow gram of the Mission and the shadow gram of the upper chapel. Found out later that the upper chapel had been excavated in 1910 by a "Arch" from the U of A. Never touched the mission just the upper chapel basement, where the gold was smelted down into bars for shipping down to Mexico City. Oh Well.

The stone maps treasure has only one story , which is the same with the one I posted here from the book's text .
The Jesuit treasure has many stories , which are the Walter Perrine's , Ed Piper's , Crandall's and some other rumors .
These are two different treasures in two different places . None in the sight of the other .

OP
OP
markmar

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An aerial picture of the marked path into the rugged country , over the ridge and above the treasure cave , which connects the other mines region with the treasure's cave region . They used the same method in marking the path , with marked stones ( lugares ) , like in the stone trail from the stone map .

marked path.jpg

OP
OP
markmar

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many if not all the people who are looking at the stone Trail map , are wondering what are the significance of those little holes ( dots ) and one bigger which are carved on the map . Some think are caves , others gold caches , etc .

And here comes the clue : " Cave near headwaters. Needed rope to get in. (Geronimos great-grand daughter) "
Yes, are seep springs , and the big one can be approached easily for drinking . Is the one in front of the corral . The other are on very steep places , with little debit of water . In fact the big hole is a small hollow place where the spring created a little pool .

On the stone Trail map are carved the potable springs . There exist another spring which is very toxic , and is carved on the stone Latin map as ( Desiliens aqua aurum ) . Is the same spring which Ray Howland had named as Yellow Medicine Spring .
With the help of the maps which I have posted in my first post in this thread , and of course if you will find where the stone maps region lies , you can recognize where the " bad " spring is located . The springs are very useful clues to understand how the stone maps are oriented .

Last edited:

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Nevada,Calif.,Utah,Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
B.storm relates a tale of a prospector in the 1920's who while following a trail in Garden Valley, finds a rope hanging down from a small cliff ,which he climbs up and over into a deeper valley,with a cave and some Spanish relics laying on the ground. Also states some old dynamite fuse was found close by which when analyzed dated to the 17th centuary.end.

OP
OP
markmar

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
B.storm relates a tale of a prospector in the 1920's who while following a trail in Garden Valley, finds a rope hanging down from a small cliff ,which he climbs up and over into a deeper valley,with a cave and some Spanish relics laying on the ground. Also states some old dynamite fuse was found close by which when analyzed dated to the 17th centuary.end.

IMO , this story is about 70% true . The place is like he described but in another region . I can't speak about the relics and the dyamite , but if we consider how there were working Spaniards , then could existed .
That cave is not the treasure cave , but a cave which is in the Waltz small valley , and is somehow the mouth of the " Sphinx " that had recognized John Reed in his childish eyes .
You can see the " Sphinx " in this modified pic .

Sphinx.jpg

OP
OP
markmar

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys

I see you are very " tightened " to comment anything about the stone maps here and in the other threads concerning the stone maps . Maybe new stories about how they have been made are confusing you and you don't know what to believe .
I suggest to believe nothing and to wait all the story to make a full circle . Everything in our life and what is surrounding us , is making circles , and one day it will come to the starting point and the truth will be revealed .

Relax and make your life good and serene . I will make your day with the Greek " Magic carpet " song . Its all about turning in circles

Magiko Xali (Magic Carpet)

The earth is turning, it always turns
hot lava is pouring from its depths
the rain is falling and waters its soil

The West and the East
ai li li li li, ai li li li li,
are weaving a carpet
so you can dance on it
ai li li li li, ai li li li li
magic carpet

A melody fills up the air
An old man is putting together a melody

(from the east to the west)
Inna da Balkan they use it
mix it up with jamaican music
try it once don't you refuse it
try it twice don't you confuse it
in every way

I give you one, one time
I give you two, two times
I give you three, three times
I give you four, four times

Lucky Baldwin

Nov 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dynamite fuse from the 1600's? How can that be? Dynamite was invented by Alfred Nobel in the 1860's and patented in 1867. I would label this tale fiction not fact.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread