Post Pics of your gold, treasures found in the Supers here!

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Early newspaper reports all said it was rose Quarts, That changed with Brownie and Clay and a affidavit. Can't count the manuscript no one ever claimed to have wrote it.

Wrmickel1
if you knew clay like i do..you'd know that a lie has never come out of his mouth...his reputation is impeccable..he has always been very good to me....he knew brownie for years and he vouched for him..thats good enough for me and anyone else around here

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Julia made money by telling her story selling Maps and put a horse on it.
So somebody new of a horse before Waltz even Died.

Wrmickel1

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
if you knew clay like i do..you'd know that a lie has never come out of his mouth...his reputation is impeccable..he has always been very good to me....he knew brownie for years and he vouched for him..thats good enough for me and anyone else around here

Yeah I get that Dave, But I find no credible evidence to support the claim. You accept it out of friendship, Clay could be on the up and up, Brownie may of told a tall tale or two. All I'm saying things don't add up.

wrmickel1

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
but where are the articles saying it was rose quartz?

Well they are posted on here from time to time, I believe cactusjumper have posted some and other, I even believe Matthew may have to.

wrmickel1

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Yeah I get that Dave, But I find no credible evidence to support the claim. You accept it out of friendship, Clay could be on the up and up, Brownie may of told a tall tale or two. All I'm saying things don't add up.

wrmickel1
i never knew brownie so i cant vouch for him...but clay knew him for many year and never had a single reason to doubt him..that speaks volumes in my book..clay is a highly intelligent man..when i first started reading about the dutchman back in the late 70's everyone thought he had rose quartz..but nobody ever saw any of the ore...since then alot has come to light..back in the 70's there wasn't alot of info on the dutchie like now...there were a few books...magill's book...storms book...barney barnard's book and a few others..my guess is alot of the b.s. that was slung back then came from storm...i talked to people that knew him and they said he was full of it...so you see mick...nobody has ever produced a sample of rose quartz that was supposedly dutch ore..matter of fact rose quartz with gold is very rare..if you know of such ore i'd like to see it

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
"I find no credible evidence to support the claim"...actually i can find no evidence to support your claim..i have never seen any rose quartz with heavy gold that came from around here

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, I'm going with Julia's account of the ore, All others are moot.

Thanks for your insight Dave.

wrmickel1

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
But she was a eyewitness, was she not!

Going broke and never ever finding the mine has no weight to her story against it not being True.

wrmickel1

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
But she was a eyewitness, was she not!

Going broke and never ever finding the mine has no weight to her story against it not being True.

wrmickel1
she was dumb enough to leave dick holmes in charge of waltz in the hour of his death...i would say holmes was a better eyewitness than her...after all..holmes ended up with 48 lbs of dutchie ore:headbang:

Last edited:

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
fact mick....holmes bought a ranch right after that..before that he didnt have 2 nickels to rub together....he definitely got the ore from under the bed...a few people around here still have some

The Two Nickels or the Ore

Wrmickel1

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
What is your bases for fact. A book, Manuscript, A Friend Said So, Gold from the Levi Company.
Hell even Waltz never had a Tomstone till modern Times. And they guested at best to its placement.
You sure get sucked into everything thing. Waltz's Gold, Royal Fifths and RG's total flip flop on Travis.

See you later don't let all those facts Go to your head now!

wrmickel1

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
What is your bases for fact. A book, Manuscript, A Friend Said So, Gold from the Levi Company.
Hell even Waltz never had a Tomstone till modern Times. And they guested at best to its placement.
You sure get sucked into everything thing. Waltz's Gold, Royal Fifths and RG's total flip flop on Travis.

See you later don't let all those facts Go to your head now!

wrmickel1
all we asked for is proof for some of the b.s. you sling around here.....back up some of it with proof and we might start taking you a little more serious ..and i dont mean pics of 2x4's that you spray painted with gold paint...or pyrite on quartz that you try to pass off as gold...or...placer gold that you say is hardrock gold....i asked you to produce the newspaper articles that claimed waltz's gold was rose quartz...you can start with that..that will be your assignment for tonight

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
It's not copper in the Superstition gold but silver that gives it that dark copper stained look. Example in photo. Put some of you bigger pieces in 1/3 salt. 1/3 vinegar. 1/3 water. Let it sit for a few days. Shake it up a few times a day. It will turn bright yellow.

Attachments

• 1549607953907.jpg
    1549607953907.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 423

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

So Julia told you personally that the gold was in rose quartz? There's not much about Waltz and his goldmine that ISN'T hearsay - everyone just has to decide what they want to believe and most folks put all the different hearsay's into whatever category they do based on what they WANT to believe or what supports their theories.

One person's hear say is no better or worse than another persons imho.

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
More photos please.

From within sight of Weaver's Needle. The amethyst/garnets should give most an idea of where. Posted knowing I risk that Mick will find out I'm nothing but a placer miner. Worse. I'm a recreational prospector who can hardly ever muster up the effort to make it to bedrock before I get distracted and want to do something else.
View attachment 1678667

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread