Continuum - Page 19
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Like Tree1142Likes

Thread: Continuum

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Fortune Favors the BOLD, while Karma Favors the Wise!

Jan 2006
    Arizona Vagrant
    Modded SD2000 / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID
    6905 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by sdcfia View Post
    Mr. Delgadillo's story, courtesy of Terry's latest video - this time in the Superstitions. Aztec calendar stone, alien technology, Cibecue Apache secrets, Mormon meddling, hand drawn maps, generations of digging at a random-looking location . Something for everybody. I liked Delgadillo's outlook on things, especially his comment at 17:14.

Steve,

If you liked Sal in the video, you would love him in person. Sal is a really good guy who has a million stories to tell both believable and a little out there. I don't think much has happened in the last fifty years in the Superstitions that Sal doesn't know about.

You should really come out to the Rendezvous the first weekend of November. Sal is there every year (he lives in Apache Junction). There are even one or two of the crazy old hermits that live in the mountains that sometimes wander in.

Mike
    "You wouldn't like me when I'm mad, because I back up my rage with hard facts and logic!" - The Credible Hulk

............... ALWAYS REMEMBER: When you make a typo, the errorists win...................Aloha Snackbar!

gr
    Oct 2012
    5098 times
    gollum, if you are adressed to me, I shall tell you I can't read your posts because you are in my Ignore list.So, don't waste time writing to me.
    Marius

If your true to your heart, you will never go wrong. The truth is the truth, no matter how you look at it, and in every treasure story and legend there is a grain of truth. It's up to your spirit and heart to know the difference. NP

us

Jan 2006
    Arizona Vagrant
    Modded SD2000 / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID
    6905 times
    Quote Originally Posted by markmar View Post
    BTW, something related to the circular stone staircase, someone could see in the map that Jonh Combs drew for Jim Hatt in post#1 of Walter Perrine cave of gold thread at the other bus station.
    John drew in his map the east side of Black Top Mesa, but also drew two secret clues which were known only to Walter and his party, and these are the circular stone staircase and how the cave would looks like from outside. Jim, or didn't know what the drawing was meaning and was shy to ask, or he kept it secret for his own research.
    Unfurtunatelly all the parties that searched for the circular staircase and the treasure rooms, were searching in the wrong places.

Markmar,

Jim was accused of many things, but being "too shy" was never one of them! HAHAHA Now, as to him keeping things secret for his own hunting he did. I can tell you that the spiral staircase is nowhere near Blacktop Mesa. Its not even "inside" the Superstition Mountains. Very close though.

While Walter Perrine had many stories, I don't know how much faith I would place in any of them. He was an accomplished man with many patents for a .223 pistol. I don't think I believe his story about his grandmother..........completely. You should search Ancestry.com and see what it says about his family.

Mike
    "You wouldn't like me when I'm mad, because I back up my rage with hard facts and logic!" - The Credible Hulk

............... ALWAYS REMEMBER: When you make a typo, the errorists win...................Aloha Snackbar!

pt
    Sep 2014
    7190 times
    The facts behind the factoids
    Quote Originally Posted by gollum View Post
    Steve,

If you liked Sal in the video, you would love him in person. Sal is a really good guy who has a million stories to tell both believable and a little out there. I don't think much has happened in the last fifty years in the Superstitions that Sal doesn't know about.

You should really come out to the Rendezvous the first weekend of November. Sal is there every year (he lives in Apache Junction). There are even one or two of the crazy old hermits that live in the mountains that sometimes wander in.

Mike
    I've spent a lot of time with interesting guys just like Sal. A person can learn a lot if he listens carefully and knows what to filter (which is tricky business). I think about the Rendezvous every year about this time but have never made the trip over there, or spent a single day in the Superstitions either, for that matter. Even though I don't have a direct interest in those hills, I would like to eyeball some of you guys. Maybe this year ...
    "Well, yeah, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
    Jeffrey "The Dude" Lebowski, 1998

us

Jan 2006
    Arizona Vagrant
    6905 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sdcfia View Post
    I've spent a lot of time with interesting guys just like Sal. A person can learn a lot if he listens carefully and knows what to filter (which is tricky business). I think about the Rendezvous every year about this time but have never made the trip over there, or spent a single day in the Superstitions either, for that matter. Even though I don't have a direct interest in those hills, I would like to eyeball some of you guys. Maybe this year ...
    You really should. Its a good time. It lasts from Friday Afternoon until Sunday Night. Saturday night is the main night with speakers. Although the speakers can be a little dry at times, the best talks are around different campfires after the talks are over. Pour some liquid talk down Sal or Bob Schoose (or me for that matter) and watch'em go! HAHAHA

Mike

Feb 2004
    Mesa Arizona
    3728 times
    Mike on your lgnore list. That's your loss! I wish I had half the knowledge he has on these subjects.
    alan m, azdave35, sdcfia and 7 others like this.

gr
    Oct 2012
    5098 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtfda View Post
    Mike on your lgnore list. That's your loss! I wish I had half the knowledge he has on these subjects.
    Yes, you could be right, but I'm full of theories and stories that someone can find in archives, internet or by fishing anyone else. All these never helped someone to find something in the mountains, but would be only worth to complete a good narration in a story about a treasure or a mine found by a skilled map decrypter.
    If you like stories, theories and not the gold , then maybe the only loss would be in your part.
    Last edited by markmar; Sep 10, 2019 at 12:21 PM.
    Marius

If your true to your heart, you will never go wrong. The truth is the truth, no matter how you look at it, and in every treasure story and legend there is a grain of truth. It's up to your spirit and heart to know the difference. NP

us

Jan 2006
    Arizona Vagrant
    6905 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtfda View Post
    Thanks Frank. Doesn't phase me a bit though. I have been here for 13 years as Gollum (and four or five before that with my real name), and in that time I have seen a million Markmars. They don't post information seeking honest appraisals from other members. They only want to have someone back up and agree with their opinions. Anyone that disagrees is somehow "against them" or is somehow "attacking them". At that point, they lay on the insults until you call them out as internet tough-guy nothings. HAHAHA As everyone here that has ever known me knows, I am willing to give anyone that insults me the opportunity to repeat those insults to my face. They never do. But yes, I'm sure he will be the one to find the LDM via Google Earth. Just like BB found the LDM only to discover it was just Chuck Crawford's old diggings. At least I give BB credit for having the guts to show up at a Rendezvous and go to his site. Most people who have "found" the LDM are content to sit on their couch and argue with anyone who doesn't fall for their BS.

Mike

May 2019
    187 times
    [QUOTE=gollum;6296135]Thanks Frank. Doesn't phase me a bit though. I have been here for 13 years as Gollum (and four or five before that with my real name), and in that time I have seen a million Markmars. They don't post information seeking honest appraisals from other members. They only want to have someone back up and agree with their opinions. Anyone that disagrees is somehow "against them" or is somehow "attacking them". At that point, they lay on the insults until you call them out as internet tough-guy nothings. HAHAHA As everyone here that has ever known me knows, I am willing to give anyone that insults me the opportunity to repeat those insults to my face. They never do. But yes, I'm sure he will be the one to find the LDM via Google Earth. Just like BB found the LDM only to discover it was just Chuck Crawford's old diggings. At least I give BB credit for having the guts to show up at a Rendezvous and go to his site. Most people who have "found" the LDM are content to sit on their couch and argue with anyone who doesn't fall for their BS

Google earth can be a helpful tool it has been to us. But until you put rubber to the pavement, all you have is a theory, and I can say that with first hand the knowledge, as can anyone who has actually, been to the place. It amazing me how many people think they have discovered it with GE, and never step foot in the place. Even with boots on the ground, and even in the right place, the terrain is so severe, it is not impossible, to put pieces together, but it very difficult. Right, are guys are training with professional climbers, who are going with us so we can get to places. Maybe like us GE sometimes can help but in no way can anyone with just Google Earth be sure of anything, and if they are, they are not credible, that may be blunt, but that is the hard sober truth. Jeff.
    alan m, somehiker and Oroblanco like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2011
    Gold canyon AZ
    1490 times
    Cache Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by arcana-exploration View Post

Google earth can be a helpful tool it has been to us. But until you put rubber to the pavement, all you have is a theory, and I can say that with first hand the knowledge, as can anyone who has actually, been to the place. It amazing me how many people think they have discovered it with GE, and never step foot in the place. Even with boots on the ground, and even in the right place, the terrain is so severe, it is not impossible, to put pieces together, but it very difficult. Right, are guys are training with professional climbers, who are going with us so we can get to places. Maybe like us GE sometimes can help but in no way can anyone with just Google Earth be sure of anything, and if they are, they are not credible, that may be blunt, but that is the hard sober truth. Jeff.
    Your are right, it is funny how so many put such faith in GE, I have discovered rock wall enclosures much larger than any mine entrance, as a result of actual boots on the ground explorations, funny thing is, I cannot distinguish them with GE, even with the exact coordinates. For me GE is worthless.
    somehiker and Oroblanco like this.
    time for another drink

us
    Dec 2008
    6469 times
    [QUOTE=arcana-exploration;6296775]
    Thanks Frank. Doesn't phase me a bit though. I have been here for 13 years as Gollum (and four or five before that with my real name), and in that time I have seen a million Markmars. They don't post information seeking honest appraisals from other members. They only want to have someone back up and agree with their opinions. Anyone that disagrees is somehow "against them" or is somehow "attacking them". At that point, they lay on the insults until you call them out as internet tough-guy nothings. HAHAHA As everyone here that has ever known me knows, I am willing to give anyone that insults me the opportunity to repeat those insults to my face. They never do. But yes, I'm sure he will be the one to find the LDM via Google Earth. Just like BB found the LDM only to discover it was just Chuck Crawford's old diggings. At least I give BB credit for having the guts to show up at a Rendezvous and go to his site. Most people who have "found" the LDM are content to sit on their couch and argue with anyone who doesn't fall for their BS

it is all just a theory..until someone produces the gold
    somehiker and Oroblanco like this.

us
    Sep 2010
    2586 times
    [QUOTE=arcana-exploration;6296775]
    Thanks Frank. Doesn't phase me a bit though. I have been here for 13 years as Gollum (and four or five before that with my real name), and in that time I have seen a million Markmars. They don't post information seeking honest appraisals from other members. They only want to have someone back up and agree with their opinions. Anyone that disagrees is somehow "against them" or is somehow "attacking them". At that point, they lay on the insults until you call them out as internet tough-guy nothings. HAHAHA As everyone here that has ever known me knows, I am willing to give anyone that insults me the opportunity to repeat those insults to my face. They never do. But yes, I'm sure he will be the one to find the LDM via Google Earth. Just like BB found the LDM only to discover it was just Chuck Crawford's old diggings. At least I give BB credit for having the guts to show up at a Rendezvous and go to his site. Most people who have "found" the LDM are content to sit on their couch and argue with anyone who doesn't fall for their BS

I sincerely hope that you find whatever it is that you are looking for. With that said, sharing the plans that you are making, the expedition that you are planning, attempting it without a permit can be interpreted as a federal violation. You risk loosing any cooperation from the FS, a fine or something worse if a discovery is made and shared with the public. It’s only an opinion but one based on familiarity.

If you are willing to risk capital and the safety of your team, get preauthorization or forget your expedition and just go for a nice hike/climb with some technical gear.

And enjoy yourselves.
    Oroblanco likes this.

us
    Sep 2010
    2586 times
    Quote Originally Posted by alan m View Post
    Your are right, it is funny how so many put such faith in GE, I have discovered rock wall enclosures much larger than any mine entrance, as a result of actual boots on the ground explorations, funny thing is, I cannot distinguish them with GE, even with the exact coordinates. For me GE is worthless.
    The resolution isn’t the best but GE is an incredible tool for those trying to orient themselves with the Superstitions. I have located things on GE and used that data to find and photograph the anomalies. Its a tool with limits.

The arrow that I shared in a very relevant location isn’t one of them but things sure went quite after I posted it. Except for markmar who dismisses it as being natural. Nature is full of surprises but that arrow isn’t one of them, IMO.
    Last edited by Hal Croves; Sep 11, 2019 at 06:50 PM.

gr
    Oct 2012
    5098 times
    Hal

I posted a GE image of the arrow about 6 years ago, I don't remember the thread but I remember Wayne's ( somehiker ) answer , who maybe joking wrote how the arrow could be a mark for the Mail airplane.
    Hal Croves likes this.
    Marius

us
    Sep 2010
    2586 times
    Quote Originally Posted by markmar View Post
    Hal

I posted a GE image of the arrow about 6 years ago, I don't remember the thread but I remember Wayne's ( somehiker ) answer , who maybe joking wrote how the arrow could be a mark for the Mail airplane.
    I honestly don’t remember your post or somehikers response. If you find it I wouldn’t mind reading the responses. The things that I find intriguing are the location, the orientation to north and the fact that vegetation hasn’t concealed it since the earliest GE image, 1992. I know that nothing beats boots on the ground but for those who don’t have convenient access to the Superstitions, or for those who are disabled and unable to experience the range first hand, GE is a gift. An imperfect gift.

For argument sake, I challenge you to share another example of nature’s perfect symmetry and directional alignment.
    Oroblanco likes this.

Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links