Continuum

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
A little off topic, but since you brought up Suckerberg:

For several years, DARPA (Defense Advanced Research Projects Administration) tested a project called "LIFELOG".

For some unknown reason, DARPA killed the Lifelog Project on 04 February 2004 (remember this date because its important). Here is an article from Wired Magazine from 04 February 2004:

https://www.wired.com/2004/02/pentagon-kills-lifelog-project/

That by itself is not very noteworthy, but when you Google "FACEBOOK LAUNCH DATE" you get:

View attachment 1757465

Interesting, yes? A government run program designed to gather a database of information on a persons entire existence was killed on the same exact day Suckerberg publicly launched a program designed to do the exact same thing. HHHMMMMMMMMMMMM Intriguing! Maybe someone should ask where he got his seed money from!

Mike

Just the tip of the iceberg. Suckerberg would probably give Orwell a heart attack, but there's more.

As a conspiracy analyst, one of the most interesting ones to me is the allegation (publicly advanced by Elon Musk and backed by the likes of William Binney and others) that every human's post, comment, phone call, text, email, purchase, movement, et al, on all electronic media (internet, cell phone, credit card transaction, surveillance cameras, Alexis microphones, et al) for the past decade or two is being collected, collated and stored in one of the two dozen massive server farms located around the country. Not only is the data available for profiling all citizens for the purpose of "national security" (ha ha), but maybe more importantly, is being used in its entirety as a database to program artificial intelligence since the data is a record of, essentially, most of humankind's activities, thoughts, actions and tendencies in an increasing infinite number of situations. AI needs to know not only how everything works, but how humans think and how to accurately predict what we will do at all possible decision points. Big Daddy.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just the tip of the iceberg. Suckerberg would probably give Orwell a heart attack, but there's more.

As a conspiracy analyst, one of the most interesting ones to me is the allegation (publicly advanced by Elon Musk and backed by the likes of William Binney and others) that every human's post, comment, phone call, text, email, purchase, movement, et al, on all electronic media (internet, cell phone, credit card transaction, surveillance cameras, Alexis microphones, et al) for the past decade or two is being collected, collated and stored in one of the two dozen massive server farms located around the country. Not only is the data available for profiling all citizens for the purpose of "national security" (ha ha), but maybe more importantly, is being used in its entirety as a database to program artificial intelligence since the data is a record of, essentially, most of humankind's activities, thoughts, actions and tendencies in an increasing infinite number of situations. AI needs to know not only how everything works, but how humans think and how to accurately predict what we will do at all possible decision points. Big Daddy.

Old news. When I was in the military many years ago (1980s), there were team of semi truck drivers. The trucks were all painted "Haze Gray". Their sole purpose was to drive around the country, set up shop at some random place, hook into the phone lines, and collect all the radio and landline info for a while, then pack up and move somewhere else.

You should also find the Penthouse Article on the NSA from 1978 or 79. IIRC they stated the NSA destroyed over two billion documents a day and they intercepted every form of communication (including mail) entering or leaving the US. Think about it, they did all that 40 years ago. What do you think they are doing now?

But actually I am a fan of the NSA, not so much C_/A.

Mike

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Old news. When I was in the military many years ago (1980s), there were team of semi truck drivers. The trucks were all painted "Haze Gray". Their sole purpose was to drive around the country, set up shop at some random place, hook into the phone lines, and collect all the radio and landline info for a while, then pack up and move somewhere else.

You should also find the Penthouse Article on the NSA from 1978 or 79. IIRC they stated the NSA destroyed over two billion documents a day and they intercepted every form of communication (including mail) entering or leaving the US. Think about it, they did all that 40 years ago. What do you think they are doing now?

But actually I am a fan of the NSA, not so much C_/A.

Mike

It's all old news. When the public hears about the latest technologies - "Golllllee!" - you can probably assume it's 20 years behind the genuine new stuff. The big boys must have big laughs about how easy it is for them to herd all us cats. It's a wonder we're not all walking backwards.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's all old news. When the public hears about the latest technologies - "Golllllee!" - you can probably assume it's 20 years behind the genuine new stuff. The big boys must have big laughs about how easy it is for them to herd all us cats. It's a wonder we're not all walking backwards.

The best quote ever on that subject was when someone was interviewing Admiral Bobby Inman. When it was found out that he ran Area 51 for a time, the interviewer asked him about how advanced the tech was they were working with there. His reply was (IIRC) "Think of the most crazy thing you can imagine.......and we're 20 years beyond that!"

Nice HUH?

Mike

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Serious damage to SR88.....closed east of Tortilla Flat. No estimate on how long.
Fish Creek area is a real mess. Seeing this, I wouldn't be surprised if the road to Tortilla Ranch is gone for good.

https://azdot.gov/adot-blog/along-s...8ixCOwmWkmF3IAimNhZoPLxtKiZDGfAmjKcfDbygEkfow
wayne...the storm that ripped through here last week did alot of damage ...alot of the business's in apache junction got flooded.....serious road flooding....we got alot of water here...srp had to release water from the dams due to the lakes filling up

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
OP
OP
somehiker

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wayne...the storm that ripped through here last week did alot of damage ...alot of the business's in apache junction got flooded.....serious road flooding....we got alot of water here...srp had to release water from the dams due to the lakes filling up

A bad one for sure. I've never seen damage to the Apache Trail anywhere near what is shown in the drone video at the ADOT link I posted. The cleanup and road crews will be putting a lot of hours into repairs for the next few weeks. AJ homeowners as well.

OP
OP
somehiker

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL It always closes right there. That little cement "bridge" washes out with every gun water run.

Mike

My post wasn't about the little bridge, although it may have been damaged as well.
I would think Tortilla Creek was running deep and fast, made worse because of the burn-off. Someone had posted a video of the fire in progress along the Tortilla Ranch road. That whole area was in flames.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
My post wasn't about the little bridge, although it may have been damaged as well.
I would think Tortilla Creek was running deep and fast, made worse because of the burn-off. Someone had posted a video of the fire in progress along the Tortilla Ranch road. That whole area was in flames.

Minor two-lane blacktops are designed to hold up to roughly a 20-year precipitation event before the culverts will potentially wash out. Ungraded roads, even graveled, are normally good for 10-year events or less before major construction fixes are needed. Heavily traveled ungraded roads in the hills are usually scraped once or so a year to kick the rocks off and smooth out the ruts. Forest Service roads are a crap shoot, depending on their yearly budget.

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow... not looking good. But at least the wilderness will have a bit of real peace and quiet for a while.

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I read a post from last year about a nearby mining company getting permission to dump tailings in or near the Superstitions. People here were concerned about historic sites getting buried. Is that still a thing ?

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
I read a post from last year about a nearby mining company getting permission to dump tailings in or near the Superstitions. People here were concerned about historic sites getting buried. Is that still a thing ?
oh yea..resolution copper

OP
OP
somehiker

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Closed for 2-8 years I'm told.....maybe never to re-open for general traffic.
Smaller white sign says "No Trespassing/ State Property".

Attachments

• DSCF1458 road closed.jpg
    DSCF1458 road closed.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 79
OP
OP
somehiker

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
who told you that?

Workers for SRP who I talked to at the gate.
And later confirmed by an older gentleman who works for the owner of Tortilla Flat.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread