Continuum

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Homar, from what I know, Sarge believes the Tesora Mappa is more valid than the stone tablets in the museum. He also claimed how has found gold using this map. I can't understand yet where in the Tesora Mappa is depicted a specific place where someone could go and do a research.

That's because Sarge can find gold anywhere, give him any fake map, and he will find gold.???

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
Howdy Jim,

You nailed it :notworthy:, sure is nice to come and find something unraveled. I was puzzled about that since R.T. had the stones with him for a long time. It made me go back to review his handwriting. Even though the capital t, and the small p's seem to be a perfect match, I found that the r's are different. Robert Tumlinson's r's extend up in front while the r's on the map extend up at the end. This means that I have been wrong, and no one had corrected me in all these years.:BangHead: My apology to Sarge, and anyone who believed I could actually pull that off.

I once discounted Al Morrow as having made that map because they claimed he had used the bumper photo, or Life magazine. It could not have been done with the bumper photo because it has the heart insert, and I believe one of the trail map was not shown in Life magazine? The stone maps were however allowed to be viewed at one time, but for a price, and I do believe they were also taped over like in the magazine. Keep up the good work Jim, and thanks for posting the labeled part of Garmans map.

Homar

Thanks Homar. What seems strange to me about the whole thing, is that just about every DH'r around AJ had already seen pics of the Heart and its trail map by the time Mitchell's book came out in early 1966 (it was copyrighted in 1965 but I don't think it went on sale until the first part of 1966.)

You're correct, the 1964 Life article didn't have pics of the trail map on the heart...and neither did Mitchell's book (he left it out, and didn't reference it by mistake...like he did with the 8-N-P that he covered in tape, but explained in his text lol) Storm didn't have it either in his 1967 article.

So, either we have a map-maker that is apparently not aware of the trail map on the heart until later...while just about everyone in AJ was definitely aware of the trail map on the heart before those stones ever made it to the Flagg Foundation and members were allowed to take pics of every stone without the tape...OR...we have someone who is deliberately misleading by placing the heart trail, and its end, off to the side...I have no idea.

One thing is obvious to me though...anyone around AJ at the time would have known that the "Peralta Tesora Mappa" wasn't an accurate depiction of the stone maps, and that there was a very important piece (heart trail) misrepresented. So who created the map? Probably not any local DH'r unless he was trying to mislead people. It's a mystery to me. Travis had a pic of the trail map on the heart in his manuscript, and his story of finding the stones was a bit different than what Mitchell writes in his book...makes me think Mitchell knew less about those stones than the average DH'er around AJ at the time.

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One other thing: The trail symbology on the Heart insert, as we now know, ends in what looks like a mine. When the "Peralta Tesora Mappa" was originally drawn, the artist had no idea there was a Heart insert. They were just going off the published pictures to date, none of which showed the Heart Trail Map. It wasn't in the Life article, Mitchell's book, or even in Barry Storm's article (he depicted the side with the zeros but not the trail side).

Another one of the things that makes me think the "Peralta Tesora Mappa" was added to at some point after all parts of the Stone Maps became widely available:
Whoever made it had room to finish it more acurate. Seems like this person had been searching for some time, and had found something in what he believed to be that area?
View attachment 1910241

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Homar. What seems strange to me about the whole thing, is that just about every DH'r around AJ had already seen pics of the Heart and its trail map by the time Mitchell's book came out in early 1966 (it was copyrighted in 1965 but I don't think it went on sale until the first part of 1966.)

You're correct, the 1964 Life article didn't have pics of the trail map on the heart...and neither did Mitchell's book (he left it out, and didn't reference it by mistake...like he did with the 8-N-P that he covered in tape, but explained in his text lol) Storm didn't have it either in his 1967 article.

So, either we have a map-maker that is apparently not aware of the trail map on the heart until later...while just about everyone in AJ was definitely aware of the trail map on the heart before those stones ever made it to the Flagg Foundation and members were allowed to take pics of every stone without the tape...OR...we have someone who is deliberately misleading by placing the heart trail, and its end, off to the side...I have no idea.

One thing is obvious to me though...anyone around AJ at the time would have known that the "Peralta Tesora Mappa" wasn't an accurate depiction of the stone maps, and that there was a very important piece (heart trail) misrepresented. So who created the map? Probably not any local DH'r unless he was trying to mislead people. It's a mystery to me. Travis had a pic of the trail map on the heart in his manuscript, and his story of finding the stones was a bit different than what Mitchell writes in his book...makes me think Mitchell knew less about those stones than the average DH'er around AJ at the time.

Howdy Jim,

I seem to recall Mitchell allowing people to view the taped over stone maps for a fee at one time. I would say that this is when Storm, Life mag, and the Peralta Tesora Mappa map maker got their copies. It seems to me that Mitchell did not display the Heart stone for the same reason he taped some parts. Life magazine would not leave out the heart if they had it, neither would Storm.

Your observation proves that to me that Travis Tumlinson, and Phil Leasman did not use the Peralta Tesora Mappa as their "ground" map, and that it was not the "blueprint" for the PSM's since it did not exsit until after Travis had passed away. I feel sorry for the Tumlinson's, but it is what it is. Seems like I said once before, they were coached into saying what they did.

Homar

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMHO, both paper maps from above which depict the Trail to the treasure of Santa Fe, were made to fit in the theory of their maker. The real Trail with its real characteristics, is that carved on the stone tablets, and whatever different version is a tentative to destroy the original concept which was used by the original map maker.
The trail is not a long trip but only few hundred feet away on a very rocky region, and starts from one side ( west ) of a deep ravine and ends on the other side ( east ). This trail on the DON part, follows the only possible way which can connect the sides of the ravine, on a ledge at its head, but in the Cross part they chose to take a different path ( despite they could reach the end point very easy from where the DON map ends ) to make more difficult the path and to approach the end point from the south, climbing literally the cliff face. Also the curved Trail #1 from the Trail stone map is an easy path to follow in comparison with the second part ( cross ) of the stone Trail map.
If you read the Rosalee's coded letter at https://discover.hubpages.com/education/The-Lost-Aztec-Treasure , the Trail starts from the big " hall " with the cathredal ( ecclesia from Latin heart stone map ) and ends at the base of the white piramid ( triangulum ) from the second " hall " , close to the white big goat like a horse ( the Horse of Santa Fe ) and passing by the natural arch ( fornix ).

I forgot to make an important mention about the arch ( Aserpo-de -Dios ) from the Rosalee treasure letter. This arch is almost in the center and at the base of a mountain which also its outline has an arched shape. These two clues together make out an image of a turtle and IMHO is what that mountain was named by. Also because there are proofs of early Spanish mining in the New World, I believe this mountain was the inspiration for the Spanish treasure map makers , to introduce the turtle as a symbol for treasure.
At the side and above of the Aserpo de Dios, to the right, is the Indian warrior's face landmark which was mentioned by Geronimo how hold a treasure under its nose. IMO Geronimo story is real but the treasure described by him is a different one than that at the end of the Trail stone map. Geronimo's treasure cave is depicted on the DON stone Trail map by the big hole with a little dot beside.
I post a GE image of the " turtle " for better understanding

View attachment 1911735

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread