The Peralta-Fish Map

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so basically after 7 days we lose all rights to anything we post?...this has nothing to do with anger....it was my post..i wasn't trying to destroy anyone else's post..i posted the story for the guys here..now anyone just coming in wont see it..

I told you in pm I do not remember the exact time before edit is locked, I do not remember the exact time span, 7, 10 or 14 days, more I think about it the more I think it is either 10 or 14 days.

Thread is still there for members to read in the Treasure Hunting legends forum that LDM is sub forum of. As I said in pm. I have requested a new sub forum titled Superstition Mountains for other Superstition Mountain legend threads , your thread will be moved there once it is built..

Any further questions can be answered via pm.

Last edited:

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The deletion/editing rules make good sense. Was Dave's Tortilla Flat Treasure Cave thread moved by mistake/misunderstanding? Ironically the Fish Map of this thread has markings (not sure what they mean yet) right where that cave was. Some people think that some of the Peralta placers were there in that area.
wish Peralta placers are you talking about PBJ...? some of the other Peralta mine did have placers . but there are only two places where the Peralta had caches that I know of and you see 3 or 4 ...x's and then a ? I can only assume he means the 5 caches that are near first water ...they are about 10lbs each and 50 lbs total ..are talking about caches or real placer gold ?

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
wish Peralta placers are you talking about PBJ...? some of the other Peralta mine did have placers . but there are only two places where the Peralta had caches that I know of and you see 3 or 4 ...x's and then a ? I can only assume he means the 5 caches that are near first water ...they are about 10lbs each and 50 lbs total ..are talking about caches or real placer gold ?
BB..they supposedly had placer workings at the north end of the supers...the evidence is still there underwater...about every 10 or so years they drain the lakes one at a time for maintenance... i was up there last time they drained canyon lake and took pics of some old workings...couldn't see alot as they were covered with algae and such...but i do remember seeing a hand stacked wall..cant remember what else....also there are remnants of some arrestra's up there..i haven't seen them but i talked to people that have

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
I told you in pm I do not remember the exact time before edit is locked, I do not remember the exact time span, 7, 10 or 14 days, more I think about it the more I think it is either 10 or 14 days.

Thread is still there for members to read in the Treasure Hunting legends forum that LDM is sub forum of. As I said in pm. I have requested a new sub forum titled Superstition Mountains for other Superstition Mountain legend threads , your thread will be moved there once it is built..

Any further questions can be answered via pm.
i don't have any questions ..none that would get answers but i guess you are the boss on this job and what you say goes:notworthy:

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BB..they supposedly had placer workings at the north end of the supers...the evidence is still there underwater...about every 10 or so years they drain the lakes one at a time for maintenance... i was up there last time they drained canyon lake and took pics of some old workings...couldn't see alot as they were covered with algae and such...but i do remember seeing a hand stacked wall..cant remember what else....also there are remnants of some arrestra's up there..i haven't seen them but i talked to people that have

Do you dstill have the pics?

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Mornin' Hal. Glad to see you back at the Fish map. When you get a moment, no rush, could you pls post the red spectrum version of the map zoomed in to the actual wording indicating 50 mule loads of gold? Not sure I've ever seen the actual wording on the map.

I was trying to figure out approx. how much gold a bar might contain based on Harry LaFrance's $5600, 6lb. bar, but in the end it turned out to be impossible to calculate the actual gold content of it. But, I think it's safe to assume any gold bars stashed in the Supes are probably not 100% gold?

Is there anything that indicates that the mule cargo is refined vice ore?

Jim gold found in the past was rich ore. A sack here and there. The gold I've seen all looks the same before it's cleaned up. Dark copper tint. 80% gold, 20% silver. It all looks the same. Including LDM ore. As far as I know ovens for melting ore have not been discovered in the area. I do think they wanted to hit and run. Get ore and get out. Don't forget in addition to mules hauling gold you need food and water. If you start with say 50 mules heading south hauling just gold. How many will make it? What do you do with the ore they were carrying if the mule croaks. Stash it?
In the end I found a little common sense helps figure out these issues.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
there are a couple old smelters in weeks wash area by the power station but there isn't much left of them...

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes..somewhere...hopefully i labeled them...lol...i think they are on a portable hard drive....if you like when i run across them i could email them to you ...i wont post them here though

That would be great. Let me know by pm when you find them and I'll give you my email. I won't share them.

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
remnants of some arrestra's up there.. from what I have seen and know first hand the bigger mills used wagon and oxen or small mule train . but its funny you stated that ..because I found wagon wheel tracks 2 1/2 inches deep in solid bed rock ...some moved something and it was heavy and lot of wagons ,and I found old oxen bones in the same area ...one of targets on expedition 7 will to go back and track them till we fine where they went and why ...

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not only that, TNet then owns the information, photos, etc.

That is not true...The only way TNet could own the information posted by anyone on this forum is IF we were their employees and they paid us for our contributions...No matter what stipulations they state, as a for a poster to post on this site...There are copyright laws and they can not post quasi statements to try to bypass such copyright laws...Even IF they state that they own all matter posted on this site... https://www.webroot.com/us/en/resources/tips-articles/who-owns-internet-content and https://www.bing.com/search?q=who+o...s=n&sk=&cvid=d4f33938990943c29ca7060031aabb3f I believe they came up with these statements after I had a polite discussion with them in the past...Anyhow...The information on this site is considered Public Domain and may be used by anyone, as long as they are not using it to make a profit, without the consent of the original poster...

So, even if TNet believes that they own all content posted on this site...I am quite certain that IF it were to go to court...TNet would lose any case that is made against them in regards to copyright material and the owner of such material...

Ed T

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jim gold found in the past was rich ore. A sack here and there. The gold I've seen all looks the same before it's cleaned up. Dark copper tint. 80% gold, 20% silver. It all looks the same. Including LDM ore. As far as I know ovens for melting ore have not been discovered in the area. I do think they wanted to hit and run. Get ore and get out. Don't forget in addition to mules hauling gold you need food and water. If you start with say 50 mules heading south hauling just gold. How many will make it? What do you do with the ore they were carrying if the mule croaks. Stash it?
logic says they would leave some of their best mules load light so if a mule did die then you could add their packs to the stronger mules and not leave much behind . because anything that left tracks could get them killed ...Frank I got a question for you say just for debate . you found a 14 inch thick vane and it was solid metal ,I got a custom rock pick and you can dig at it but it takes only little pieces off at time .. how do you get a say 10 lb brick out of a solid vane like that ..? just asking because I have some of the best pick custom made I could find and still could not get this to brake up into bigger chunks ...I have rock hounded for 45 years or more this is funny but a real problem ...

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sierra blasters
to tight of area it would just kick the you know what out of you in that tight of area ..I even wanted to use TNT my joy sticks ..but that would get the baby killed ...lol

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
to tight of area it would just kick the you know what out of you in that tight of area ..I even wanted to use TNT my joy sticks ..but that would get the baby killed ...lol
do a google search for sierra blasters..they are completely legal..very small and the charges are cheap

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Frank, you are right if the scenario says they would get the ore and carry it to Mexico. But in the PF map, the cargas mulas ( mule loads ) are used as a weight unit like pound, kilos, unce, etc.
So when they say " I cached 50 mule loads ", they mean 50 x 100 Kg = 5000 Kilos = 5 tons

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
so anyone with dreams of writing a book loses any info they post here?...something to think about if a guy has any ambitions of writing a book???

When you post on a public forum, it's a de facto copyright of the material for you. You retain all rights that come with a copyright. You can do what you want with the material.

That said, TNet also grants itself their own rights to use your material as they wish. From Tnet Terms and Conditions:

"16. License. You agree that by submitting or posting any content on the Websites, you are granting Forum Foundry, Inc. a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable and fully sub-licensable license to publish, reproduce, distribute, display, adapt, and otherwise use this content in any manner whatsoever on or in connection with the Websites, in the course of offering the Services and/or otherwise use this content in any manner whatsoever in any media now known or hereafter developed. You understand and agree that any user content that you post to the Websites may be redistributed through the internet and other media channels, and may be viewed by the general public."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread