treasure cave by tortilla flat

OP
OP
A

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
attachment.php

I've never spent much time on the Celeste Jones/Al Morrow map. A few years ago I asked Tom K. about it, having read the articles he had written about Al and Celeste shortly before the Rendezvous that year .

Tom Kollenborn Chronicles: A Visit to Needle Canyon

Tom Kollenborn Chronicles: Celeste Maria Arva Jones

He told me that Al had said he created the map as a joke, but Celeste thought it was real, so he gave it to her.

Maybe you should get together with BB. I think that's the same lingo he speaks when he's pretending to be an Aztec shaman.....eg: "i' n' n-aw' ...E" a P-aw' Sha ma chi '! ya ya hee' aw "

You both should be able to figure it all out.
most of the maps floating around today were either made as a joke or to bilk people out of their hard earned dough:laughing7:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
attachment.php

I've never spent much time on the Celeste Jones/Al Morrow map. A few years ago I asked Tom K. about it, having read the articles he had written about Al and Celeste shortly before the Rendezvous that year .

Tom Kollenborn Chronicles: A Visit to Needle Canyon

Tom Kollenborn Chronicles: Celeste Maria Arva Jones

He told me that Al had said he created the map as a joke, but Celeste thought it was real, so he gave it to her.

Maybe you should get together with BB. I think that's the same lingo he speaks when he's pretending to be an Aztec shaman.....eg: "i' n' n-aw' ...E" a P-aw' Sha ma chi '! ya ya hee' aw "

You both should be able to figure it all out.

The Celeste map is not " all " that you are referring, but your opinion is accepted. Is what you can think based in your experience and knowledge about maps and treasure symbols.
Is very odd Al Morrow used a very accurate Spanish treasure symbol which is related to the turtles heads orientation in regards to the map's orientation. The Spanish treasure symbol says: " The turtles are looking to the sunrise and their heads are caves ".

attachment.php

But you are right, the map is fake and was made for fun. At least Al had a good laugh.

Attachments

• Spanish symbols.gif
    Spanish symbols.gif
    1.3 KB · Views: 211

cuzimloony

Apr 9, 2016
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Series
Minelab Gold Monster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story! Sounds like a nice way to walk off some burgers at the saloon there, looking for a cave and all........... I wonder, did this happen behind the town going up the mountain, or in front of the town, heading toward the paid campsites.....or........? Either way, great story. Thanks!

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Knows someone about azdave35 doings ?
I tried to do a PM conversation with him but he went silent for some weeks.
Seems the post above was his last in Tnet.

Last edited:

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not really germane to the subject,but ya,ll have such cool and descriptive place names in the S.W. Tortilla Flats,that,s just cool.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More towards Mormon Flat actually. About where the Salt River now enters Canyon Lake. Mitch had said he and his father had been able to see what looked like a bound chest on a shelf at the back of a cave at the water's edge. They were exploring the shoreline while the water was lowered for some reason, and were able to take the boat in a short distance, but the ceiling was too low to get close enough for a positive ID or retrieval. They decided to wait, in the hope the lake level would drop some more, but it didn't work out their way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread