• 1571854803880.jpg
    1571854803880.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 273

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Staircase mine is not a mine.

I agree 99%. All the descriptions I have read don't make it sound like a mine, buuuuuuuuuut it is in that sweetspot area that is a known gold bearing zone.

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It could be a well?

When we was in Peru over 20 years ago we came across a series of inter connected wells with spiral staircases. While there is active debate about the origins of the puquios. Some academics claim Nazca built them others believe it was created by the early Spanish? However there are examples in Spain in Moorish areas and examples in the middle East.And Roman empire. So if this alleged mine was a well it could possibly be indigenous or Spanish which it seem both was capable of building such wells.

If Spanish was mining in the region perhaps they looked to secure a water source. by digging a singular well in similar fashion?

Here is example below.

D1922_4_812_0004_600.jpg

internacionales-nazca-cultura-habria-realizado-puquios-encontrar-agua-subterraneo-n227898-612x40.jpg

CdLlRMMW0AAso_C.jpg-large_564.jpeg

Kanacki

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
It could be a well?

When we was in Peru over 20 years ago we came across a series of inter connected wells with spiral staircases. While there is active debate about the origins of the puquios. Some academics claim Nazca built them others believe it was created by the early Spanish? However there are examples in Spain in Moorish areas and examples in the middle East.And Roman empire. So if this alleged mine was a well it could possibly be indigenous or Spanish which it seem both was capable of building such wells.

If Spanish was mining in the region perhaps they looked to secure a water source. by digging a singular well in similar fashion?

Here is example below.

View attachment 1764886

View attachment 1764887

View attachment 1764888

Kanacki
looks like a goldwell sluice lol

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It could be a well?

Here is example below.

View attachment 1764886

View attachment 1764887

View attachment 1764888

Kanacki

Hey Buddy,

A well is out of the question. You originally had to traverse a 300 foot horizontal tunnel just to get to the top of the 150 foot deep spiral staircase. There is no access from directly above.

Mike

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Buddy,

A well is out of the question. You originally had to traverse a 300 foot horizontal tunnel just to get to the top of the 150 foot deep spiral staircase. There is no access from directly above.

Mike

Hello Mike well that is interesting and intriguing!

300 foot horizontal tunnel just to get to the top of the 150 foot deep spiral staircase. If that is the case then we can deduce some one has gone to a lot of trouble digging that tunnel? Perhaps an access shaft for miners to follow the veins deeper below?

Kanacki

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Everyone looking for a treasure deposit In the mountains but the spiral staircase blows right over their heads. Zero mineralization in the area and tailings. Whole thing makes no sense. Was there again today. A reliable source who went to the top of the staircase said a huge Boulder is hanging over the staircase. That the whole thing looked Aztec. Creeped him out. IMG_20191219_133517155_HDR.jpg IMG_20191219_133517155_HDR.jpg

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is not any circular staircase at the end of the horizantal tunnel near the Hieroglyphic Canyon. The clues for the circular staircase which goes down to the gold bars cache was misinterpreted or someone just change them to lure there people for some funds. I doubt they have dug more than 100 on that tunnel.

The real clues are different and say how the staircase is about 300 feet from the tunnel, a short passage through the mountain, clue which maybe sounds familiar to some LDM hunters. The staircase goes about 100 feet down and is almost at a lip of a cliff. Also has a big natural boulder at the north which overhang the staircase. The corridor/tunnel with the Aztec glyphs is at the base of the staicase, tunnel which has few rooms at one side ( see Walter Perrine story ). At the other end of the corridor, outside, lies the ruin of the capilla de Santa Fe and the end of the trail from the trail stone map.

The staircase is very difficult to be find if someone don't know the exact spot, because is covered over and they have built around and beginning from the natural boulder, a wall that looks from outside like a natural pile of rocks.

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mauris come to Arizona and I'll take you to the site. After you climb down that hole and up the tunnel to the staircase then you can tell me it's not there.

If is there then post a picture of it.

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
I'll let you take your own photo when you get here. Otherwise you would just say it from somewhere else. Stop by the ghost town in Goldfield and ask the Mayor about it. He crawled to it and looked down years ago. Bring a wad of cash on your visit. We can bet and I will win. Question. How much?

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll let you take your own photo when you get here. Otherwise you would just say it from somewhere else. Stop by the ghost town in Goldfield and ask the Mayor about it. He crawled to it and looked down years ago. Bring a wad of cash on your visit. We can bet and I will win. Question. How much?

So you bet on what another person said? I would bet only on what myself I have seen.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sarge

You say how the horizontal tunnel is open wide 300 feet until the staircase?

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me it's clear how the story of the " rabitt hole " near the Hieroglyphic canyon, " loaned " clues from another treasure tales of the Superstitions, maybe for a " hall of fame " situation where people who failed to find something worth in those mountains, found a way to be recognized as a famous tresure hunters.
The logic says how if realy was something there worth to be dig out, for sure there would existed people capable to dig it out. How others were capable to dig it many centuries before, more easy would been to be dig with more modern gear in 20 century. But maybe the evidences which should ensure there was something , were too poor and less convincible to should be taken in consideration.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I trust my friends Marius. I don't post bull. Put you money where your mouth is. I will.

I don't post bull too. I have seen in the " legend " video, you and Wayne have been at the " hole ". What's next? We will have the opportunity to see the staircase or another research left unfinished?
When you say you can take me to see the staircase, this means you have seen it? How otherwise you can win the bet?

PS

So, if I will take with me three friends of mine who will say they were at the end of the tunnel and there was no any staircase or a shaft going down, I will win the bet because would be three witnesses against one?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions