Just a thought.

Barber..

Jan 15, 2012
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I figure I'll probably never make it out to the superstitions, and even if I do i'm to crippled up to do any climbing up hills.. So I might as well throw this out there and see what you all think..

I never really believed much in the stone maps, at least not telling the way to the Dutchman’s mine anyway.. But after looking at them I think they would more than likely point the way to a Peralta cache if anything..

If the stone maps are real, and that's a big IF, then this is where I think they point to..

We've all seen this image a bunch of times..
peralta-map-and-heart-stones.jpg

Well here is my interpretation of it..

1.. Everyone thinks that the purple line represents the Salt River, but I think it represents the southern edge of the valley to the east of Gold Cannon..
2.. The red is the trail coming in from down around Queen Valley.
3.. The green is the cache site over the arch.
4.. The orange is the short cut as it would seem, knife meaning “cut”
5.. The squiggly lines are just that, generic lines that represent random mountains..
6.. I don't think the numbers are really that important as people think, If anything I think they might be for the final spot once your in the right area..
162851288_130672115727682_507905394879444754_n.jpg

I think the recessed heart in the stone represents just that, a recessed or sunken heart.. Well the shape of a heart anyway..

map5.jpg

I also feel that the arch isn't an arch in the way most people think.. That is to say it isn't a vertical rock formation that one could pass through, I feel it is a arch shape on the ground..

162676823_130613265733567_7454841306334447379_n.jpg

Something that has always bothered me about some of the theories I've seen on here is that the images from google earth could not have been seen from the air in those days.. However, the ones I've posted could be seen from the hill side across from them very easy..

Over the arch and slightly to the right is where I believe the cache to be.

map6.jpg

map7.jpg

I have color coded the next few images, to help you get an ideal of where I'm talking about..

1.. Yellow for the ranch at the end of East Gold Rush Road, I can't remember it's name
2.. Blue is the sunken heart
3.. Green is the arch, and over it is where I believe the cache to be
4.. And red is of coarse the trail.

map1.jpg

map2.jpg

map3.jpg

map4.jpg

Like I said before, I don't really believe in the stone maps so I really doubt anything is there.. But if one of you was to check it out and actually find something, be a pal and slip me a couple million.. lol

Last edited:

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Allow us some time to respond

Wow.. Nobody..

Some of us don't get on T-net every single day, and/or have many other threads that we are following so miss some. That said, your solution is interesting and outside the box thinking. So many have found solutions and without any significant finds resulting that it is difficult to say whether your solution is "the" correct one or not.

Please do continue,

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2: :coffee2:

OP
OP
Barber..

Barber..

Jan 15, 2012
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was mainly just wondering what people thought.. crazy, smart, stupid, plausible..

To be honest I don't think there is a correct solution, I've said many times that I don't put much stock in the stones.. But I happened to look at them one day and thought, hey that kinda fits..

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was mainly just wondering what people thought.. crazy, smart, stupid, plausible..

To be honest I don't think there is a correct solution, I've said many times that I don't put much stock in the stones.. But I happened to look at them one day and thought, hey that kinda fits..

Howdy Barber,

Everyone will have different thoughts about your solve, some may even think you nailed it. Crazy? Nah, not compared to other solves that take it to other States. Smart? Well I'll leave that one alone. Stupid? Nah, at least you do see a map, and not just door stops. Plausible? For a few maybe.

Yes they are very real, and yes they do lead to the same LDM, and yes there is only one correct solve.

Homar

OP
OP
Barber..

Barber..

Jan 15, 2012
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmm.. 212 views, 2 responses, and 1 like.. Guess I am a dumb ass after all.. lol

I do thank Oroblanco, and Homar for the respones, and Dredgernaut for the like anyhow.

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmm.. 212 views, 2 responses, and 1 like.. Guess I am a dumb ass after all.. lol

I do thank Oroblanco, and Homar for the respones, and Dredgernaut for the like anyhow.

Howdy Barber,

The correct solve would do just as good as yours if it were ever put here with google earth images. Google earth is frowned upon by most, but most still use it. It is one of the best treasure hunting tools we have. I myself have never posted any images concerning the LDM, or PSM's in ten years of posting. Your solve was well explained, and easy to follow, not like others that can't be made sense of. Far from a d.a. in you few posts you show logical thinking, and common sense, and are not making wild claims like some real d.a.'s :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread