What makes a vendor stand out ?

Indigo Digger

Jan 30, 2017
Above The Plug
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am going to upgrade my machine this week to a Teknetics T2 along with the purchase of a smaller 5" coil for it.
My question is with so many vendors selling the Teknetics T2 ALL at the same price or with the same (*includes bonus items)
How do you know which one to go with ? Do some vendors offer special incentives if you shop with them
instead of someone else?
Basically I'm looking to purchase from a vendor with the best incentives and or least expensive price.

Also once you make a purchase do vendors let you show their products off and let people know where the machine came from?
I have heard a lot on YouTube about vendors sponsoring diggers sometimes even giving them new machines and accessories to try or buy at discounted rates does anyone know how this process works?

littlehugger

Nov 23, 2005
For me, first thing is information.
There are a lot of detectors out there, and many solid manufacturers, and whenever I am looking for a detector, I do a lot of research. This is especially true for newbies and those who have been out of the hobby for awhile, (like me)
There are several large dealers that have large selections, comparison options and customer reviews, and of course, non commercial web sites featuring tests and reviews.
After that, price is important, and professionalism. It helps if the employees have training, and are not just slackers with no knowledge.
You also want a dealer with a good reputation. Usually, that means they have been around awhile, but you can always research that too.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Look at Bart at Big Boys Hobbies. Check his website and read reviews of what customers are saying about his help and knowledge both before and after the sale. Best of Luck to you on the purchase of the T2. This is the MD that my hunting partner uses and he does pretty well with it.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Indigo, As you have seen, most products have advertised prices that are all the same. Feel free to reach out to dealers to see what unadvertised specials they can do. If you are looking at the T2, you might consider the T2+ since it has more features and includes a high quality pinpointer.

Anyone can offer you a good value, but a good dealer will take the time to listen to your needs and provide a high level of service after the sale.

Wayne

https://metaldetectingstuff.com/products/teknetics-t2-introductory-bundle

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread