I really love my White’s Dual fields.

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I have 2 White’s Dual Field detectors. Both great machines with good tuning, better tuning than the White’s Pi Pro. About the same as the Pi Pro but slightly deeper on everything and as hot on gold and alloys like Spanish colonial silver cobs. They both tell you if it’s rusty iron, or non ferrous but the DF is even better in that area. I have worked underwater side by side with most of the other underwater detectors and DF and PI Pro are way better. Many times the range of other PI detectors. Especially with the old school PI detectors like J W Fisher Pulse 8x, Aquapulse and Garrett Seahunter. They cannot find alloy ( gold jewelry, Spanish silver cobs) unless it is fairly large and right under the coil. I have many underwater detectors and these 2 detectors are so far better than the others. The old school type PI. My old school PIs just sit. Won’t use them. I see people using those and paying a fortune for an out dated detector, just because it costs 2 to 3 times as much, they think it is better. Wrong.

OP
OP
stevemc

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I have an older White’s surfmaster PI, meh, not so good on gold jewelry or Spanish silver cobs. I have an older White’s surfmaster PI that was worked by Bill Crabtree, works great, the later Whites surfmadter PI Pro was designed from that modification. And I have a newer Whites Surfmaster Pi Pro. Both the reworked old Pi and the newer PI Pro, will pick up gold jewelry and Spanish silver cobs at much, much greater depths than the original surfmaster, and of course the old school underwater detectors.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread