BallsDeep

Apr 30, 2012
Eastern Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Whites Surf Dual Field, Garrett Carrot Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi everyone!

Been a while since I have been on here, a little back story.

About 2 1/2 years ago I was in a car accident 3 days after a vacation cruise to the Bahamas (yep brought the DF!) However that accident put me out of commission for hunting. I had one of my surgeries that will allow my return to the beaches but was extremely saddened to find that one of the headphones separated from the slide and the coil cord had cracked and it was no longer water proof. Basically I didn't do enough to prevent this during storage.

I have ordered the new slides and gasket for the battery box but not real sure what to do with the coil.

Can I get a new cord or is it hardwired like the headphones? Will a new Search coil come with a new cord and if so, how do I choose what coil is best as I also recently found out Whites are no more and Centreville is handling a small assortment of parts with not a lot of info as to what machines they go to. :icon_scratch:

Any help is much appreciated as I love this machine.

BD

bklein

Feb 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buy some new cable for the coil and splice to the old cable. Use waterproof heat shrink from eBay to cover the soldering. Buy the kit of different sizes, you’ll find it handy. Mic cable on eBay for the phones. If you have someone replace the coil with a new one don’t toss the old one - I’d be interested in buying it as a spare.

OP
OP
BallsDeep

BallsDeep

Apr 30, 2012
Eastern Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Whites Surf Dual Field, Garrett Carrot Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Ya know, a while back I had a rat get in the garage and was trying to chew through the bird seed container... being an exterminator, he picked the wrong house! I quickly set traps and had him by morning. He couldn't have been there longer than a day or two max. my point is, I think now he chewed the coil cable as my AT pro was stored right next to it and its perfect. I will be sending it of to Centreville for repairs. If they are unable to repair I will definitely use y'alls advice! thank you so much!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread