This Farmer Massively Outperforms GMOs Organically

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
This Farmer Grows Huge Crops - Organically (Pictures) | Natural Society

Farmer proves genetically modified crops not needed

by Christina Sarich January 1, 2015

article_farm_12_30_2014_home_735_350.png

Sure, it might take a little knowledge to grow 10-pound cucumbers or to grow carrots longer than your arm, but a UK farmer is doing exactly that – and he doesn’t need biotech chemicals in order to enjoy heirloom, prize-winning fruits and vegetables.

This farmer grows all through the year, too. He puts out a handsome crop of leeks, kale, parsnips, and shallots in raised beds in the winter using good compost. Potatoes so prevalent that he could be eating baked, French, and scalloped well into next year.

How is it that one farmer can have tremendous yields using organic compost, vermiculture, and a little elbow-grease while biotech keeps beating the war drum for more pesticides, more herbicide-resistant seeds, and more destruction of our planet? The way to grow copious amounts of food is not through biotechnology, but through age old farming practices that are slowly being propagandized out of the collective mind.

More individuals; however, are resisting the mind meld that Monsanto would like to lord over us. In an act of defiance and grass-roots resistance, people who have never gardened before are experiencing tremendous success. How satisfying it can be to know exactly where your food came from, and what was used to grow it!

Even children can learn how to plant an organic garden and then enjoy eating cherry tomatoes and sugar snap peas right off the vine.

If you can grow huge onions and pumpkins with just “good soil compost, good heat, good light, and keeping the temperature 15c at night,” and without GMOs, why bother with the man-made creations?

Margaret and Susan Robinson of Forton, Lancaster certainly do not need Monsanto’s patented seeds. When asked how she grows their super-sized vegetables, Susan says”

“‘The variety is the first thing. Then you must grow it properly. You sow them in a greenhouse any time between mid-December and mid-January.”

With traditional plant breeding techniques, there are numerous ways to grow healthier, tastier, and BIGGER vegetables without using GMO.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Isn't it amazing that man actually survived before big business came in to being!

I like the trees thread, and I have searched for a video of some UK(?) farmers, who yrs yrs back, was able to grow massive vegetables, they claimed because of angels. (Not trying to go religion route here, just relaying a story).
It was an A&E or History show(I think about angels), this couple said they would communicate with them, and the angels told them what to do, to make their garden grow, when no one else was getting any kind of good results. Sorry I haven't been able to find the video.

My Mom who was born in the 1918(?) 1919(?), can't be sure unless I look at her headstone, back then, women NEVER told their age,
well she was born on 3000 acres. They had natural farm practices, a lot of "organic" fertilizing, from the farm animals, crop rotation, controlled burns, and basically working WITH the land, not trying to make the land work AGAINST them.

Before she passed, 30 yrs ago, we had a "talk" at her hospital bed, she told me, "Cat, as you get older, be careful, you are going to see a rise in diseases and crop failures. Man is going in the wrong direction, as they have stopped natural practices and replaced it with technology that is not in line with nature."
She cited that ppl no longer do controlled burns in the wood areas, and this would lead to more bugs(which in a way, I thought would be kinda good, as I was a pest control agent, at the time, yeah 19 and pretty dumb, lol) She actually pushed me to get OUT of pest control, because of all the exposure to chemicals. I would come home drenched head to toe in Dursban, Lindain(sp?), and a few other nasty chemicals, that have been banned since then.

She also noted , man is stripping the nutrients from the ground soil, with improper planting techniques. They are not rotating crops, just planting planting planting, the same old thing, and then piling chemicals on them.
She wasn't crazy about pumping the underground aquifers dry, and spraying the plants with the water on the surface. If she seen the many sinkholes that have been opening up, she woulda just said, "See?"

Not saying that she was a superstitious woman, but she new how to read earth signs. Late summer, she would go looking for a particular catapillar. Depending on the "coat" of the catapillar, she could determine if it would be a hard or mild winter. Certain plants that would bloom too, would tell her "things", so to say.

The earth is speaking to us all the time. Most just never listen or pay attention.
Hope you have a bumper crop this year, Deep!

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard to believe somebody can get results like that with just hard work and smarts. People forget that anymore. Nice post thanks for sharing

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My parents owned a 99 acre farm when I was born. Had about 20 head of cattle, 4 or 5 hogs, couple of dozen chickens, a pear, peach, pecan, and persimmon orchards. Dad wasn't happy if we didn't live where we could have at least a cow and calf, couple of hogs, some chickens, and a large garden. We sold and moved to town when I was about 2. Bought a place at the edge of town where we could still have what Dad wanted; cow, calf, hogs, chickens, and large garden.
Mom canned most of what the garden produced. We had a hog or two butchered each fall, had our own milk and eggs. I remember sitting in my 'high chair' churning milk in an old 3.5 gallon 'crock' churn. Also remember sitting on the couch 'churning' a gallon jar when there wasn't enough to use the larger churn. I still miss drinking real churned buttermilk.
A couple of the neighbor women would come over and help mom when she was canning large amounts of produce. Mom would give them some of the canned veggies.
Those days are far behind me; back in the 1950s. Wish I could go back and relive some of them.
I wish I had a place where I could have a cow, calf, hogs, and chickens, with a large garden. Lots of hard work, but people seemed to be happier in those days than they are now. Now they are constantly trying to 'get ahead' instead of trying to comfortably 'exist'. Just my thoughts.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
If you want to improve your organic crops, try Sea-Crop.

I will certainly take a look at that as I am planning my future this Spring = FOOD!!! I am both homesteading, and reverting to the land :)

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy DeepseekerADS,

You may be too far north to benefit from planting Moringa trees, but for those in the southern states, it would be a must have. It is known as the tree of life, just too many benefits to list. Look it up, it is loaded with all of the best vitamins, and minerals, and amino acids. It can purify water, and has the most antioxidant properties than any other thing you could plant.

Homar

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Homar,

Over the last couple days when I had the moments, I've gone back to quite a number of these type threads trying to make sure my brain put all these tips and methods together. Twice that I remember you've posted about Moringa trees. From what I've read about them, thanks to your tips, is that I'm kinda on the very North border of the moringa habitable zone.

I'd say that in a couple years down the road as the obvious survival priorities are taken care of, it won't hurt to experiment with moringa, along with coffee bushes, and other edge of the line GOOD things. It would never hurt us!

I think you can see where I am progressing with my world. Initially, I liked to post neat things I felt people should be aware of, as I was discovering them myself. Now I seem to be focusing in more concentrated directions here as I'm learning, and as others are teaching me. We can't see or know everything as individuals, and that's why it is important that we have a "community".

And that's what we're building here! Cool eh?

Take Care!

It's still Deep :)

mikedurant

Tenderfoot
May 24, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I must say The idea of planting a garden is really wonderful. Homesteading is a lifestyle of self-sufficiency and I think one should take an interest in doing this. Eating fresh vegetables leads to healthy life. One of my friend also had started Homesteading few days ago, but just over a week because of rodents like mice, rats he faced damages to crops of corn. So one of his neighbour suggested him to have a Pest Control from Exterminator Sacramento CA to get rid of Rodents.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread