Be Grateful - Be Prepared

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
1935-1939 - Pictures of the United States

AFTER YOU LOOK AT THE PICTURES READ THE NOTE AT THE VERY BOTTOM!

WE ALL NEED A REMINDER.

download1.jpg

download2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

AND WE THINK WE'VE GOT IT BAD!

This was a mere 72 years ago....

Makes complaining about no cell service, high gasoline prices, not enough cable channels, seem a bit ludicrous. No credit cards to buy what you want, but don't need!

Forward this to remind our kids and others of what really tough times are like.

They don't have a clue.

If you don't know what the Great Depression was, here's the motto: "Use it up -- wear it out, make it do or do without!

This reminds me to be grateful for what I do have.....

Start each day with a smile and a prayer ...

lockster99

Dec 8, 2013
SE Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Every time I look at photos from the Great Depression.....well, wow. My Grandma lived through it and I always wondered what it would be like. We came from a farm and was told by my Dad that our family had it better than a lot of people. I think that's why my Grandma canned everything she could get her hands on....fraid one day of not having anything again.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I think that's why my Grandma canned everything she could get her hands on....fraid one day of not having anything again.

Lockster, you need to get into the several forums here on self sufficiency = you can do it anywhere, and the Homesteading thread. We're getting all our brains pitching in and getting some direction and answers.

Me personally? Very obviously it is time to be prepared, and to take care of those who we love.

It AIN'T getting better.

And it is getting DEEP :)

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Hurricane Sandy brushed up against New Jersey.

I saw a CNN story of a distraught 20 something woman standing on the sidewalk. She had a dead cell phone in her hand and was complaining that the service had been out since yesterday. Then she asked, "...and who is going to feed us?" adding, "where's my government?"

You think there is any hope for that generation if the lights ever go out for two weeks?

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beautiful pictures and Post If Compared to too Today It Would Look A Lot worse!!! Sorry I cant post Any Pictures !!! But the Increased Homeless Population And Drug Activity Are Rampant Across The Us I Have Many Pictures To Post But Can Not at this time Because the Involve My Work

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
We're old now, some of us anyway.

Me? I just want peace, food, and a sense of belonging to my family. The cruel thing is that two of my three kids, I don't think they'll find their peace. Kids just do not realize the importance of inner peace - and preparation. Erg - food? Let me take care of that. Electricity? What if the lights go out = I was 10 days without electricity a couple years ago after a snow storm. What would that do to them?

It's likely that very few are prepared for anything near these circumstances.

Actually, it's pretty cheap to be ready, but who reads the Survival Tips forum?

We try to warn, they try to look past....

It won't happen, right?

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its the depression era people that did not trust the banks and buried their loot for us to find!

I thank them!

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Its the depression era people that did not trust the banks and buried their loot for us to find! I thank them!

I won't ask you if you found any of that.

You shouldn't tell anyway!

Keep your world close and control it! NEVER bring notice to yourself.

lockster99

Dec 8, 2013
SE Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Been through quite a few hurricanes now and it always amazes me how many people have absolutely nothing stocked up. No food...no water...no cash.

Not sure I want to be around if the economy has a complete collapse. I know I should be more prepared than I am. Hoping in the next year or so to get much better. I love reading the info from the posts here. Great knowledge.

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
I grew up hearing all the depression stories. My family worked on a farm and while not going hungry they ate pretty thin sometimes. Grandma's second husband told of job sites where 10 guys would wait all day for the next guy to get fired. You didn't bust your ass they fired you & got the next guy.
It was a different time. When Dad went into the service in WW2, his barracks was the first "house" he lived in w/electric lights and running water. About half of the guys were the same. On board ship, one guy from Texas who had land and oil was filling out his taxes. All the shipmates wanted to know what he was doing. None of their family's had ever paid income tax.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Mom told me that in the early to mid 30's her Dad worked in the shipyards in Newport News, and during the Summer she would visit back here at the farm. She said she lost a nickel here, couldn't find it, and returned home. Her grandmother (my great grandmother) searched for that nickel for a week and found it - money was that important back during those times.

And I figure that's why in over 30 years of detecting this property I've only found a couple wheats and one early 40's merc (under Granny's clothesline).

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hurricane Sandy brushed up against New Jersey.

I saw a CNN story of a distraught 20 something woman standing on the sidewalk. She had a dead cell phone in her hand and was complaining that the service had been out since yesterday. Then she asked, "...and who is going to feed us?" adding, "where's my government?"

You think there is any hope for that generation if the lights ever go out for two weeks?
=====================================================================
This is EXACTLY what our current regime wants. To have as many as possibly,,waiting in line for their monthly handouts.
Then that power of food, water and medical care WILL be used by the govt to fully enact ANY controls they want.

Just imaging,,, several MILLION thirsty,,hungry, city dwellers all coming down OUR roads to TAKE what we have the foresight to make sure we had what our families needed for survival if this does happen.

THOSE PEOPLE have had the exact same chances to do the same "prep" work that a lot of us have done already. They made a CONSCIOUS DECISION to IGNORE the warnings and continue living "day to day".

I have NO MERCY (hard but the truth,,sorry) for those who have not at least laid the most basic of prep plans.

You come to my property,,, and try to TAKE what I have worked so hard to build for those I love,,, there WILL be very grave consequences for those actions. And I do believe that the majority here will whole heartedly agree.

No rant,,,no politics,,no threats,,, just the truth

Hit

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I used to sit and listen to my dad tell about his family's hardships during the depression. He was born in 1900, didn't marry until 1937. The family lived on a farm close to Alvarado, Texas. I'm almost certain they didn't own the farm, but worked it on a sharecropper basis. Not sure just when, but they moved to Hillsboro. That was where Dad met Mom and married. They worked in the textile mill there for the rest of their lives. I was born in 1942. The old mill was closed and finally torn down.
I recount a few of the stories he used to tell me, but don't really want to go there.

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That bucket is brim-full of 100% determined american spirit.

f958ba755e647015507c7cb3db8afd67.jpg

The Depression seems to have brought a lot of the good out of the american people too, ya know the whole "everyone united in misery and hardship" thing.

I was actually just reading that depression-era gangster "Pretty Boy" Floyd made it a personal point to destroy mortgage documents at the banks he knocked off. It said that an estimated 8,000 people had debts disappear because of this.

Suck on that, believers of the 'Jesse James was Robin Hood' tales!

~Tejaas~

Last edited:

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
That bucket is brim-full of 100% determined american spirit.

f958ba755e647015507c7cb3db8afd67.jpg

The Depression seems to have brought a lot of the good out of the american people too, ya know the whole "everyone united in misery and hardship" thing.

I was actually just reading that depression-era gangster "Pretty Boy" Floyd made it a personal point to destroy mortgage documents at the banks he knocked off. It said that an estimated 8,000 people had debts disappear because of this.

Suck on that, believers of the 'Jesse James was Robin Hood' tales!

~Tejaas~

'The Great Generation' really did great,

Because of their hard work, and all of the good things, that so
many of them did. That's why we have what we do today. I
know and believe, because I saw it clearly growing up, and
still today, recognize all that they endured and accomplished.

Jesse James was obviously out for himself, as was Frank.
They were definitely not any kind of heroes, even in light of
the horrible war atrocities. They were hoarding caches up
for themselves, their future need and families, I believe.

As far as their connection to KGC/OAK, and possibly
doing what they did, supposedly for the good of their
organization, we will probably never know. One thing
sure though, other than family, maybe some friends
that were convenient aiders to their constant traveling
needs, there was likely not ever any money given to
just help someone out, because they needed a hand.

Good Pics, good reminder for all of us who can see...
... :sunny: :fish:

:cross:
~:Crosse:~

beep beep dig

Aug 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
anyone who has traveled to third world countries on other continents has seen poverty far worse than the Great Depression.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions