National Park Land Up for Grabs for Those Willing to Farm It

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
https://gma.yahoo.com/national-park-land-grabs-those-willing-farm-175941039--abc-news-lifestyle.html

By JOANNA PRISCO
Good Morning America

A unique opportunity to live inside of a national park is being offered to those seeking a special home -- if they are willing to put in the elbow grease.

Three farms in need of rehabilitation located inside of the Cuyahoga Valley National Park in Ohio are available for lease in 2015 to individuals interested in sustainable farming. The parcels will join an existing 10-farm program that operates under the National Park Service's
Countryside Initiative nonprofit, whose mission is "to preserve the agricultural heritage of the Valley," according to the park's website.
National Park Service News, Photos and Videos - ABC News

The farms "are suitable for culturally intensive fruit and vegetable production, small intensive grazing operations, or small integrated crop-livestock enterprises," described a previous Request for Proposals (RFP) issued by the Countryside Initiative.

The upcoming RFP is expected to be released in either late May or early June. Those interested in applying should follow announcements posted on the Countryside Initiative website. https://countrysideconservancy.worldsecuresystems.com/farm-farming-home.htm

Existing farms located inside of the park currently produce everything from fruits and vegetables to sheep, goats and heritage turkeys to herbs, honey and hickory bark syrup.

The Initiative also helps facilitate farm tours, farmer's markets and farm stands for all of its participating homesteaders to generate interest and drive sales of local food.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'll bet there is an "encyclopedia" of regulations that go with that lease.
Jim

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might be nice but I have scraped all the ice and shoveled all the snow I want to shovel in my life time......

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be worried that after the elbow grease to fix the property up and get it going that the agreement with the government would suddenly change....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread