GOING HOME : BOOK 1 of the Survivalist Series by A American

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
After EMP strike knocks out all the power grid and computer brain cars, a prepper stranded in Tallahassee on I-10 makes his way down through Florida to reach his family in Lake county. On his travels he encounters the unprepared, hostiles, small communities controlled by self appointed tyrants, and a small band of survival like minded.
The series is a good read, with many survival tips and equipment incorporated into the story.
Available in paperback PLUME/PENGUIN Group

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Finished book 5.This series is well worth the read, but I may be partial, for I know and have been to all the location mentioned in this series.
In the late "60's on a cold Florida February night my friend buried the wheels of his Mustang in the sugar sand on the back roads of Paisley looking for his stepfathers cabin. Wandering for hours in the forest dark, we were stalked by a black bear, chased by dogs, until we found the cabin-everyone had left.
The temperature was in the low 30's, and without a key, I broke a window and crawled into the cabin.
Neither one of us knew how to turn on the propane heater or stove, and being hungry, found only a half package of Sunnyland bacon in the fridge.
I started a fire in the outside firering with HotShot bug spray, placed a grille on the concrete block supports, and cooked that bacon on a cast iron skillet.
A cold night was spent in that cabin, and the next morning we made our way to SR42 and a garage in Altoona run by Florida good ole boys.
They laughed their asses off about driving a Mustang in sugar sand, but pulled us out none the less.
It was then it was pointed out to us the bear tracks in the sand. They didn't want to charged us because of our stupidity, but we scraped together 10 bucks and thanked them.
Being older and somewhat wiser, I have owned several 4wd's,Scout, CJ7, etc, and am never without supplies in my vehicles, but I do miss the old Florida I knew growing up.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This series is now up to seven books. Morgan Carter is a great character, the old man is pretty special also.... :laughing7:

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
...also includes good information on preparation and a warning about possible activities of an overzealous government.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions