Delete yourself from the internet by pressing this button

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not sure I want to do this myself, but it's pretty interesting.

Delete yourself from the internet by pressing this button

by Juan Buis — 1 day ago

The internet can be a beautiful and horrible place at the same time, and it isn’t weird to sometimes feel like you want to leave — there’s wasn’t an easy way out, until now.

Swedish developers Wille Dahlbo and Linus Unnebäck created Deseat.me, which offers a way to wipe your entire existence off the internet in a few clicks.

When logging into the website with a Google account it scans for apps and services you’ve created an account for, and creates a list of them with easy delete links.

Every account it finds gets paired with an easy delete link pointing to the unsubscribe page for that service. Within in a few clicks you’re freed from it, and depending on how long you need to work through the entire list, you can be account-less within the hour.

If you’re getting tired of social media and internet-induced stress in general, it’s the quickest way to get back to a state of tranquility — and to be honest, that doesn’t sound like a bad idea.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wonder if it works?

someone ought to test it ( for scientific purposes only)

I nominate bigwavedave

MotherOfGeeks

Apr 26, 2016
Washington
Primary Interest:
Other
It could be useful as the executor for a deceased netizen. I can't imagine how large of a footprint I would have after 20+ years on the internet

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
It could be useful as the executor for a deceased netizen. I can't imagine how large of a footprint I would have after 20+ years on the internet

I wonder that myself, as I've been on-line since March of 1983. Whole lot of footprints since then.

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Wait.... There was an interweb in 1983?
My high school graduation year....

I am guessing on-line in the sense of using dial up modems and bulletin boards. Been there done that, except that I didn't start until sometime around 1990.

MotherOfGeeks

Apr 26, 2016
Washington
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not much worried about my net use before 1994. I was mostly one of the nerds in my parents basement, using BBS chat rooms to discuss comic books, play text adventures and D&D.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm going to try and delete my ex-wife.

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Actually, in looking at it, it appears to be a bunch of nothing. All it will do is give you the links to how to close accounts that you have opened using your Google login information. If you have opened accounts using other login IDs, it won't find them and even if you follow all the links and close all the accounts, it doesn't actually "delete" anything.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting