bidet pronounced( Be=day)

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
I have been busy doing research on bugging out. There are many helpful hints on the internet, especially youtube, but there is one thing I haven't seen addressed before. You can only carry a limited amount of toilet tissue or baby wipes. What will you do when you run out. In my research I found that very few countries use toilet paper, most use bidets. There are many different types of use throughout the world. Some use a wet sponge or rag, then wash it out and let it dry. Other countries use a bidet, shaped like a commode, without a tank or lid. These can be purchased at your local home centers, Once you use the commode, you move over to the bidet, which has two streams of water that washes your butt. Then you can dry on toilet paper or whatever. it saves massively on toilet paper, as you only need to dry, you use far less.You can also purchase a portable bidet, a bottle with a tube designed to wash your butt when squeezed, Warm water from a fire, cooled down would most likely feel good, then using a sponge or rag to dry with and wash and let hang by the fire, sure beat leaves and sticks, You can carry many sponges or rags with very little weight and room. These can also be used to wash of with everyday, I carry a survival shovel and dig a hole in which to defecate in, then cover it up, leaving no trace of evidence I've been there. Sure I carry a roll of toilet paper and also baby wipes, but when they run out, I'm prepared to use a bidet. Good luck. rockhound

OP
OP
R

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
In a pinch, you can make one out of any plastic soda bottle or etc. Drill or punch a small hole in the top or side, near the top and inset a straw or small tubing to focus a stream of water. It's that simple. Good Luck. rockhound

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ever hear of leaves? they grow on trees and bushes free!!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
are you a girl?

OP
OP
R

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
Yea, I've also heard of using a corncob, if that's your style, just go for it, A raw, and or infected anus in the wild would be no fun. especially in a survival situation. Leaves don't grow on trees in the winter. Good Luck. rockhound

Last edited:

Obsessive

Apr 16, 2017
NW Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/MI-6 w/ HF/XF/LF
Tesoro Cibola / Land and Sea pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like moss. If you get a good piece you can wash it off and replant it for future use.

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
I regularly visit several countries in Europe. Primarily Iceland, Denmark, Sweden, Germany, Switzerland. In over 30 years of going back and forth, hotels, hostels, homes, resorts, etc., I have yet to actually see a bidet outside of France, and only a few times there. I do not believe that the bidet is as prevalent in Europe as some Americans believe.

Yes, when you run out of toilet paper, you should be ready for an alternative. An appropriate size cloth or soft sponge would be best.

Time for more coffee.

OP
OP
R

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
Most of the civilized, industrialized countries of the world use bidets. japan, Germany, France, Italy, Spain all the middle east countries and even China and Russia use bidets in some of their hotels. Only the U,S and Canada have an abundance of trees in which to make lots of paper. Good Luck rockhound

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
boy scout toilet paper is real Good to

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
There is actually a book I have called "How To $hit In The Woods"by Kathleen Meyer.
It explores options.
There are ways of using only a single sheet of paper but I won't go into that.

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
My son, who is anything but a girl, lived in UAE for two years. He got used to the bidet and uses the bottle method in the USA.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And in the winter just use snow or a big block of ice out there in the woods.

Holyground

May 17, 2014
Not in the can
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You don't need all that fancy stuff when a common garden hose will do just as good, maybe even better.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My mother in law has a bidet, (Maryland).....
I only know this because when we were up there years ago, they stepped out for errands..... I had to drop the Browns off at the Super Bowl, and my wife offered to me the use of her Moms bathroom.
I’ve never felt so clean in my life.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bet tommie Brady uses one

Top Member Reactions