OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
hope folks can read this one ok, I have been running into these weird articles researching lost treasure stuff.

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hope folks can read this one ok, I have been running into these weird articles researching lost treasure stuff.

What a weird one. Maybe you should post these in one thread?
When I was a kid my dad and mom often told the story of an incident long ago near Noel, Missouri. There were people camped there. I can't remember for sure but it seems my mother's dad was part of the party. During the evening as they were around the fire some creature came down and snatched an infant. The men followed and came to a cave in the bluffs. In spite of their best efforts they could not find the two but they could hear the infant crying out in the depths.
In the end they sealed the cave off to prevent the creature from doing such again.
There is another very old newspaper article I found several months ago. There was a family, wife,husband three children.
They slaughtered a pig and hung it from a tree in the usual manner. Afterwards mother and father went to town for some reason. Upon their return they found the two older children had taken the youngest and subjected him to the same process as the pig.
Hung from a tree limb, cut throat.
No word of what happened after the horrific incident. Can't remember where I found the article.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
An old one in the papers from the town in Wisconsin I moved from. The mother drank too much and the father was at work. Three little kids one a baby. Mother was passed out place was cold and the baby crying. Other two kids put it in the oven.

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An old one in the papers from the town in Wisconsin I moved from. The mother drank too much and the father was at work. Three little kids one a baby. Mother was passed out place was cold and the baby crying. Other two kids put it in the oven.

There is an idea for a macabre book. There are numerous old articles about such incidents.
Present the story, do some research on the survivors and consequences. Probably could find a great deal of information.nowadays.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
That family made the paper a few days later, husband beat the hell out of wife.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
There is an idea for a macabre book. There are numerous old articles about such incidents.
Present the story, do some research on the survivors and consequences. Probably could find a great deal of information.nowadays.

A book you say?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread