The Real of Cieneguita actually the lost Tayopa?

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
books

<From Hamilton's Mexican handbook: a complete description of the republic of Mexico
By Leonidas Le Cenci Hamilton 1884>
http://books.google.com/books?id=UB...opa+mine+mexico&as_brr=1#v=onepage&q=&f=false

Opinions? Thank you in advance, :icon_thumleft:

I would add this from the same source, QUOTE

The veins have been opened in many parts by the Spaniards who content themselves almost invariably with sinking shafts for the extraction of the superior decomposed ores abandoning the mine on reaching sulphurets from ignorance of the process for the extraction of silver.
END QUOTE

This is a fact with many old Spanish mines - they had no way of handling sulphide ores (sulphurets) so would simply abandon the mine when the easily processed decomposed ores were exhausted, leaving behind (in some cases) much larger ore bodies than what they mined out, possibly even richer ores. We do have ways to handle sulphide ores today. Interesting wouldn't you say, amigos? :thumbsup:
Oroblanco
:coffee: :coffee2:

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope, as you will personally see. 35 kilometers roughly south of Yecora ORO. I still want that book. One that is far better, is one by BOX, I can't remember it's exact name right now '' Travels in old Mexico"?

Don Jose de La Mancha

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
The book is online (free) just click on the link in the first post, below my blather. I don't think their site was or is Tayopa, just curious what you (and others) think of it.
Roy

whitt459

Feb 20, 2006
thanks oro for the link, this book has very good reading, i would love to own the book but cant see $175.00 for it, and just 1 in stock, i have been reading it for 2 days and still not to the end.

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Don Jose' el gringo de la Mancha wrote
Can't down load the book or read it

Gosh I don't know what is wrong - I tried it again and it seems to work. Have you tried just going to Google books, and doing a search for Hamiltons Mexican Handbook? Perhaps it will pull up that way for you? There is a way to download the full text too, if you cannot get it to work let me know I can download it and EM it to you as a file.
Oroblanco

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread