Ma Pa mine of Tayopa has been found

Furness

Aug 23, 2008
Lancs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Jose,
that's a great photo of part of the documentation thanks for posting it, inthe story's I'd read it only ever mentions the list of items buried in the vault with the door,
yes i agree about the odd measurements they used, but why they used them is no longer important now regarding Tayopa as you have the mines charted,

i should also have thought of triangulation first as I've spent most of my working life in the building trade ( wood butcher ) and used a clinometre on a few occasions, as homer would say Do"h"
it sometimes takes a while for the little grey cells to warm up,

John

Furness

Aug 23, 2008
Lancs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Jose and good morning to you, I'm definitely not going to shoot you down on the maths, i had figured your measure was a guesstimate, and that the measures were horizontal, as even with a clinometer we always did the inclination/declination separately with a reverse shoot,

the treasure chamber, low in the arroyo and possibly subject to flash flooding, i would think even with unlimited manpower getting those bells to anything higher along with the rest would be hard and difficult so the easier course was taken by the priests,

John

OP
OP
Blindbowman

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL now i have herd everything ...

" the odd measurements they used"

"why they used them is no longer important "

" thought of triangulation "

"All Spanish measurements of this type are on the horizontal plane"

" since it wasn't actually needed"

"I have not id'd every working, but enough to be confident that the basic measurement is correct. That will be done later. "

" 200 meters on the horizontal plane or roughly 260 meters on the approximate 45*"

" the only danger is that the water may have uncovered it"

"an important clue."

wow ...lol you dont have a clue do you ...?

please dont risk your life on staements like these............ Real De

OP
OP
Blindbowman

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no now your just wasteing my time and yours

OP
OP
Blindbowman

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp said:
HI BB, the story of my life, snifff.

Don Jose de La Mancha
good luck Real De .. i hope you find something at your site ... where ever it may be ...

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning BB and my friends: You did bring up an interesting point indirectly, why didn't I open up all of the workings or Tayopa itself. You must understand the circumstances, I did not have a permit to excavate etc yet, I still haven't, any moves that I made or excavations would be under direct observation from the saw mill. Once I started actual work the world would know exactly where Tayopa and the other workings were.

As for any metal, this was patently impossible, the only road is a Jeep proving grounds type, a man on a mule could effectively travel cross country faster than I could. It is, only 35 miles (55 kilometers ) to the nearest paved hi way, west of Yecora. Yet to cover it, one needs 5 -6 hrs in dry weather and a #5 bag of hard candy.

Remember this is a zone of narcotic growers, while most are my friends, there is no way that a truck load of bars at could ever arrive at the highway without being hi jacked.

So you see this one factor that treasure hunters never consider, what do you do with it after you have found it. In the case of Tayopa it isn't a case of a few bars but many pickup loads, there is no way that you can get that out of the zone safely. Then there is the small problem of disposing of it. A couple of bars can easily be disposed of in the black market, but ----?? Remember Tayopa , and it's contents , fall directly under the Mexican and UN Antiquities acts, there is NO statute of limitations. So Tayopa has to remain basically untouched until all is in place.

There is no way other than being completely legal, and this takes time, years actually. I welcome your suggestions.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Furness

Aug 23, 2008
Lancs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Jose, from your description it sounds like your between a rock and a hardplace, it's a decision only you can make, to many eyes locally to open it and it still remain a secret, and to many thieves to open it publicly, everyone will be after whats inside from the govt down,

and i can understand you keeping the identity of IE secret and his honcho EG, :laughing9:

John

OP
OP
Blindbowman

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp said:
Good morning BB and my friends: You did bring up an interesting point indirectly, why didn't I open up all of the workings or Tayopa itself. You must understand the circumstances, I did not have a permit to excavate etc yet, I still haven't, any moves that I made or excavations would be under direct observation from the saw mill. Once I started actual work the world would know exactly where Tayopa and the other workings were.

As for any metal, this was patently impossible, the only road is a Jeep proving grounds type, a man on a mule could effectively travel cross country faster than I could. It is, only 35 miles (55 kilometers ) to the nearest paved hi way, west of Yecora. Yet to cover it, one needs 5 -6 hrs in dry weather and a #5 bag of hard candy.

Remember this is a zone of narcotic growers, while most are my friends, there is no way that a truck load of bars at could ever arrive at the highway without being hi jacked.

So you see this one factor that treasure hunters never consider, what do you do with it after you have found it. In the case of Tayopa it isn't a case of a few bars but many pickup loads, there is no way that you can get that out of the zone safely. Then there is the small problem of disposing of it. A couple of bars can easily be disposed of in the black market, but ----?? Remember Tayopa , and it's contents , fall directly under the Mexican and UN Antiquities acts, there is NO statute of limitations. So Tayopa has to remain basically untouched until all is in place.

There is no way other than being completely legal, and this takes time, years actually. I welcome your suggestions.

Don Jose de La Mancha

bravo bravo ,, just brillant my friend .. someone now under stands what i am faceing .. you dont know it yet .. but i am correct .. 9 of the tayopa sites are where you are and 9 are near my site ..

i have 8 trips tot he area this will be my 5 expedition and i just got to where i can get a ore smaple with out getting my self killed i hope ...

and if you think i am going to just hand my sight over to scott wood your out of your minds .. my lawyer will work out the details after the ore has been defind a dirrect match .and the assay is completed and a geologest has given his full opioion of what we have found ..

your in the same boat i am ReaL DE .. i can not quest a permit for one site when it is linked to 7 diffrent historical sites ...

not to leave out the trove permit if it can be found ...

so i fully agree 100% with your statement Real De , well said ...

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Hola Blindbowman and everyone,

I would like to hear any ideas for how one could remove a treasure from a place where other people may be able to see you or may encounter you on the trail; surely you have given this problem some thought, and I do have a few ideas but not so sure they will work. What would you recommend to someone, for such a task? Thank you in advance, and if you would rather not post any such ideas on a public forum I will understand completely.
Oroblanco

OP
OP
Blindbowman

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oroblanco said:

I would like to hear any ideas for how one could remove a treasure from a place where other people may be able to see you or may encounter you on the trail; surely you have given this problem some thought, and I do have a few ideas but not so sure they will work. What would you recommend to someone, for such a task? Thank you in advance, and if you would rather not post any such ideas on a public forum I will understand completely.
Oroblanco

who cares ...

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Blindbowman said:
Oroblanco said:
I would like to hear any ideas for how one could remove a treasure <snip>Oroblanco

who cares ...

What is with the attitude? Did I say to you something that is offensive? Surely this aspect of the problem of discovering a treasure has been something you have given some thought to, I was simply curious if you had any ideas you could share publicly. I get the impression you may be having a rather bad day, I hope things are going well or at least as well as can be expected.

Oh and one more thing - you had said I ask too many questions which I don't desire answers to; I never ask a question I don't want the answers to, and asking questions is one way of keeping a discussion moving. If we only wanted to publicize our own words without any interaction from those who read it, we would not be posting in a forum but to a blog or similar website.

Don Jose de la Mancha wrote
BB You posted --> who cares?
I do, ya atavistic would be navigator, half arsed mechanic, and section 8 discharged swabbie. heheheh.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Hmm - a casual reader of this discussion might leap to the conclusion that you have in fact already discovered a treasure cache, and are only waiting for the right time to extract it. ;D :wink: :icon_thumright:
Oroblanco

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many great stories. There is not much gold nor silver to be found in Connecticut, but there is in other New England states and New York.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread