Misc data and adventures of a Tayopa treasure hunter

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Back in my prime I stood 6'1" and weighed 268# . Wore 32/34 jeans and long sleeved shirts were not
an option for me . Every time I closed my hand the sleeves ripped out . Wore a camo field jacket and
camo cover . Several times broke nose , perpetual frown , long hair and a full beard .
In spite of the intimidating appearance and my mild manner , I still got picked on by anyone looking for trouble .
A friend of mine of the same size and I stopped at a local tavern one evening to meet up with a friend
to conduct some 'night work'.
Usual place for our area . Cigarette smoke to the ceiling , sawdust on the floor . Dim lights , belly-rubbin country music on the jukebox , booths around the dance floor , and a stand up bar toward the front where the only door was .
We were looking for no trouble , Whisperin John and I , just wanted to meet up with Huck and go do
our illegal deeds .....................
i'll have to finish this story later . The SPEAKER OF MY HOUSE just told me that I needed to spend an hour of QUALITY TIME with her instead of spendin so much time on the computer .

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Don Jose,

You must be one of those guys who can dive into a barrel full of turds and then jump out smellin' like a rose. LOL. Great story.

Rick

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Don Jose ,
I am certain of your preistly ways before you met your 'Tiger' and enjoyed the last story .
I also accept the leg strappin you gave me in a PM over the last story I started . Just remember that I
live with a redheaded tiger as well :laughing7:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
There was a booth back in the dimness that contained 2 punks 20yrs our junior and the jailbait little girls they had brought with them to impress .
Whisperin John brought up to me what both of of us had already seen from the looks we were getting from the booth ,
"Ya know we're gettin the bad eye , don'tcha?"
"Umhumm . No need to take it up when we got other bidness to tend to , is there ?"
"I see no profit in it ."
That's when the 'licked fit to be swallered' punk that had been doing most of the looking swaggered
across the room and braced me :
"You been eyeballin our women . You got a problem we need to step outside and settle ?"
I glanced around , gave it some thought , and replied ,
"Recon not , son . Got a beer in front of me , money on the bar for another one , and a friend here that will buy me one if I run out of money .
We understand where you're coming from . Done the same , ourselves . I just fight for profit now .
Here's $150 cash stakes the bartender will hold . You cover that and we'll go outside . Winner takes all ."
He stomped back to his booth in a huff and John and I thought that was a done deal .
Next I see of him , he struts up to the bar , lays $150 on top of mine and says ,
"You first ."
So , while he's making sure everyone there saw his play , I walked out the door .
When he walked out through that door I DROPPED HIM LIKE A CRAPPY DIAPER !
Came back in and picked up $300 from the bar and looked at John ,
"Guess there was a way to turn a profit , afterall " ;D

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic reads ! I am enjoying this.

OP
OP
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My friends, I was extremely tired and sleepy when I posted the "Christmas Eve in old China". Upon checking it, which I usually do before posting, I found it was loaded with errors. I have corrected them and apologize.

Don Jose de La Mancha

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mdog, you have tons of interesting stories, post on those that you can. Am listening.

I would have preferred that you had said that "I could jump into a Harem and successfully escape with a winner", rather than a stinkin barrel. he hehehe.

Don Jose de La Mancha

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truckin butch: You remind me of a carving that I once saw on an old Colt single action. "be not afraid of any man man, no matter what his size, just call upon me, and I will equalize".

Ya big monster, and here I am with my itty bitty 5'8" @ 150, sheehs where is mi peacemaker?

You have commited yourself, now 'more' stories my friend. I am enjoying them.

Don Jose de La Mancha

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp said:
Mdog, you have tons of interesting stories, post on those that you can. Am listening.

I would have preferred that you had said that "I could jump into a Harem and successfully escape with a winner", rather than a stinkin barrel. he hehehe.

Don Jose de La Mancha
Mi Amigo ,
You did jump into the harem and escape with the winner .
What more needs to be said about that ?

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Truckin butch: You remind me of a carving that I once saw on an old Colt single action. "be not afraid of any man man, no matter what his size, just call upon me, and I will equalize".

Ya big monster, and here I am with my itty bitty 5'8" @ 150, sheehs where is mi peacemaker?

Don Jose de La Mancha
I don't wish to dominate your thread with things pulled from my small bag of stories , my friend .
Others here are much more worldly and have better stories to tell . Mine are mostly lessons in life to tell
grandchildren so they don't make the same mistakes .

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HOW ABOUT SOMETHING A LITTLE LIGHTER...??

ABOUT FIFTEEN YEARS AGO I WAS WORKING AS AN EMT AND MY PARTNER WAS ONE OF OUR OFFICERS. HE ALSO HAD BEEN MY INSTRUCTOR SEVERAL YEARS EARLIER WHEN I WAS GETTING RECERTIFIED. HE KNEW ME WELL ENOUGH TO KNOW I SAY JUST WHAT EVER IS ON MY MIND AT ANY GIVEN MOMENT. HE AND I WERE RETURNING FROM THE E.R. ON OUR WAY BACK TO THE STATION. WE GOT PAGED OUT TO AN ACCIDENT THAT WAS JUST AHEAD OF US, SO CLOSE THAT I ONLY BUMPED THE SIREN TO GET THRU THE RED LIGHT AND PULL INTO THE TURN LANE IN FRONT OF A FED EX TRUCK THAT HAD BEEN REAR ENDED BY A SMALL CAR.
THE MEDIC SAID HE WOULD CHECK OUT THE CAR AND FOR ME TO CHECK THE FED EX DRIVER.
HE HEADED STRAIGHT FOR THE CAR AND I SAW THE TRUCK DRIVER START TO TURN HIS HEAD TO SPEAK TO HIM AND I CALLED TO GET HIS ATTENTION. HE STOPPED AND WE MADE EYE CONTACT AND I MOTIONED TO HIM AND TOLD HIM TO KEEP HIS HEAD STRAIGHT FORWARD.
HE DID NOT BUDGE AND I CLIMBED INTO THE TRUCK WITH HIM FROM THE PASSENGER SIDE DOOR. I REACHED TO STABILIZE HIS HEAD AND HE ROLLED HIS EYES UP AT ME AND WITH JUST AN OUNCE OF FEAR THAT HE MAY BE INJURED AND SAID "WOW, YOU GUYS REALLY GOT HERE FAST!" TO WHICH I JUST SAID "WELL, WHEN WE ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY HAVE TO GET THERE..." HE TRIED NOT TO MOVE, BUT COULDN'T KEEP BACK THE SNICKER. THEN I SAID
"OH, CRAP! I SAID THAT OUT LOUD!" I HAD A GOOD HOLD ON HIS HEAD, WHICH GAVE HIM THE CONFIDENCE TO JUST LAUGH OUT LOUD, JUST AS MY MEDIC PASSED THE DOOR.
HE LOOKED AT ME AND SAID,"OH, WHAT HAVE YOU SAID NOW!?
I EXPLAINED, AFTER WE WERE DONE. THERE WERE NO INJURIES AND I'M PRETTY SURE THAT THE DRIVER TOLD THE STORY, JUST LIKE YOU READ IT, TO ALL OF HIS FELLOW DRIVERS.
:coffee2: :coffee2:
MIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT!
THAT'S A GREAT QUOTE!!

I MIGHT FORGET WHERE I HEARD IT..... SOME DAY...
:laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:
MIKEL

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
PROSPECTORMIKEL said:
THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT!
THAT'S A GREAT QUOTE!!

I MIGHT FORGET WHERE I HEARD IT..... SOME DAY...
:laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:
MIKEL
Use it in good health . Far as I know ; there is no copyright on the simple facts of life .

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
truckinbutch said:

Don Jose de La Mancha
I don't wish to dominate your thread with things pulled from my small bag of stories , my friend .
Others here are much more worldly and have better stories to tell . Mine are mostly lessons in life to tell
grandchildren so they don't make the same mistakes .
An old Friend of mine who passed a few years ago, Had a big influence in my life. He was responsible for part of my upbringing.

We had been bickering over the phone who's shotgun had the worst recoil. I have a Brazilian made 20 gauge singleshot that if shot too many times will leave a tender shoulder. He kept telling me that his 12 gauge kicked harder. We kept our blabbing back and forth like buddy's do, Tryin to see who's is better. He was in his 70's.

His nephew, A very good friend of mine, Had been wanting to go over for a visit to see his uncle. So he called me outta the blue one morning and we get in his truck and go. When we arrived He pulls up in the drive shuts the truck off. He gets out, I see Unc staring out his bedroom window at us. As they are yelling their hello's back and forth, I am fumbling out of the truck with an armload. Shotgun, and such.

We make our way in the house, Unc is in a Wheel Chair so he just waits for us. As we go into his room, I notice a K-Bar stuck in the middle of the door. We make our way in Hughey has a seat and I am just Standing their with my Shotgun. As things are moved for me to have a seat, I unload my arms and set down. I broke that single shot down and put a round in it. As I Close it up, I hear This click. As I see what the sound was, Hughey reached out and grabbed a pistol from his Uncle and said "NO" Uncle Bob. He thought I was pulling my shotgun on him. I had known this man for over 20 years, He eventually slid the window open and poked the scatter gun out and wham, He said You lil MFer dont you ever pull that $hit on me again. I tried to explain that we had a bet for a six pack. But he wanted to pay up with his old stash he had. As we bickered like friends do, Hugh said buddy give me a minute with Uncle Bob. I went out from the house I spent alot of my Childhood in and waited in the truck.

On the way home, Hughey Told me "Buddy Uncle Bob said since you pulled your gun out on him he was gonna get the first shot". He aimed to shoot me, A long time friend. Then I thanked Him, And asked " Why was the K-bar stuck in the door" he said " Aunt Nancy opened the door the other day yelling at him and the knife just missed her head" Nancy is Bob's sister.

If my buddy had not acted when he did, There is a good chance I would not be typing this. I learned later on that Bob had started losing it, From all he had been through in his younger days. Gues he had a flashback when I was loading that singleshot for Him to shoot. Never did shoot his 12 gauge. I had a lot of exitement in years past. Just glad to be able to share it with you all rather then St. peter at the pearly Gates.

Poorhunter

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
WOW! You have a way of sparking old memories .
Thisun may get pulled pretty fast .
Crane operator for local crane company had the hots for Bob's daughter . She was tending bar at
the local roadhouse .
Larry had just finished dedicating himself to her so much that he vowed he'd "suck her Daddy to be that close to where she came from" and Bob and his buddy Gerald stumbled through the door.
The bar owner said , "Well , there he is , pal . It's your move ."
I picked that time to leave . Don't know how that situation got resolved .
She was a fine lookin gal ,but , naaaaaaaa .........................................

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions