Misc data and adventures of a Tayopa treasure hunter - Page 101
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 101 of 609 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201601 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 9131
Like Tree51008Likes

Thread: Misc data and adventures of a Tayopa treasure hunter

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    11925 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Short finger, you posted --- However, that should free up a little of your time to work on the book?

SLAVE DRIVER
    "I exist to live, not live to exist"

us
    El Dorado: Gold is where you find it.

Apr 2015
    Valley Center, CA/Yuma, AZ
    2492 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp View Post
    Short finger, you posted --- However, that should free up a little of your time to work on the book?

SLAVE DRIVER
    Don. Jose, with all due respect, I have been called much worse over my many years of life. My guess is that there will be many that share my sentiments. 20 minutes a day? Instead of watching a "reality" show? Must we beg and grovel?

JB

us
    Mar 2011
    N/W ARKANSAS
    FISHER
    9379 times

TASK MASTER

I KNOW HOW HARD IT HAS BEEN FOR ME TO PUT DOWN IN WORDS, THE SMALL PORTIONS OF THE LAST DECADE AND A HALF, OF MY LIFE. ONLY THE SIGNIFICANT PORTIONS AT BEST.

I CANNOT IMAGINE HOW LONG AND HARD ONE WOULD HAVE TO WORK TO BRING A LEGEND TO LIFE ON SHEETS OF PAPER. A SIGNIFICANT LIFETIME OF EPIC ADVENTURE TO SAY THE LEAST.

DOES ANY ONE KNOW BETTER THAN DON JOSE?

IF IT WERE EASY, IT WOULD NOT BE WORTH READING, I SUPPOSE.

KNOCK IT OUT OF THE BALLPARK, DON JOSE.

#/;0)~
    ....JESUS IS LORD.
    ...................THE BIBLE IS GOD'S WORD.
    .................................. HEAVEN IS MY REAL HOME.

THAT'S JUST THE WAY I WAS RAISED TO SEE THE WORLD.

#/;0)~

us
    Sep 2013
    Michigan
    Garrett ACE 250 Pro Pointer
    811 times
    J. A. A.
    We have formed a co. and it is out of my hands now. We are putting a team on the ground. You must remember that it is at the end of any trails and of neccessity it will be slow. I am being kept as an advisor etc, since I can't really be up there. So, for all purposes I am just like you. Ths Tayopa has taught me Patience, if nothing more.
    Don Jose-
    my friend, you are far from just like me. Unlike me, you've spent the better part of a lifetime with boots actually on the ground seeking, AND finding, what most people on this or any other site could only dream about. I just hope, for your sake, that one day you get to see the proverbial "pot at the end of the rainbow"! As another member a few posts ago said...just keep us informed as you can, when you can.

If the saying goes "good things come to those who wait", then you, my friend, should expect amazing things!

Again, all the best to you and yours-
    Justin
    All the best-

J.A.A.

"May the best of your yesterdays,
    be the worst of our tomorrows."

us
    May 2010
    texas
    3603 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PROSPECTORMIKEL View Post
    HOMAR.
    REGARDLESS OF WHAT THAT NEW ENGLAND, YANKEE SAYS. I THINK THE JOKE ON THAT OTHER THREAD WAS FREAKIN' FUNNY. THEY'LL PROBABLY GIVE ME A SUSPENSION FOR HAVING YOUR BACK WITH THAT GUY.

I JUST COULDN'T SIT BACK AND LET HIM DISRESPECT YOUR SENSE OF HUMOR, JUST BECAUSE HE DIDN'T GET IT.

IT'S JUST THE WAY I WAS RAISED TO SEE THE WORLD.
    I THINK I SHOULD PUT THAT LINE IN MY SIGNATURE.

NOW THAT I KNOW THAT YOU ARE ON THAT THREAD, I'M GONNA KEEP UP WITH IT, AND YOU AS WELL.

MIKEL
    #/;0)~
    HOWDY MIKEL,

I RARELY VENTURE OUT OF THE LOST DUTCHMAN THREADS. THAT'S THE ONLY TIME I HAVE POSTED THERE, SINCE IT SEEMED TO BE ABOUT TREASURE. IT MAKES ME WONDER OF MANY TREASURE STORIES WHERE THE BANK ROBBERS ARE HANGED WITHOUT SAYING WHERE THEY HID THE LOOT. COULD BE THEY WERE HUNG BECAUSE THEY DID SAY WHERE IT WAS.

THANKS FOR THE NICE WORDS, AND FOR STANDING UP FOR ME. IT REALLY DOESN'T BOTHER ME, I KNEW HE GOT IT, BUT HAS PROBLEMS FOR SOME REASON OR ANOTHER.

SINCE I AM ADDRESSING YOU, I THOUGHT I'D MAKE IT EASY ON YOUR EYES. I FOUND YOUR THREAD, BUT I HAVEN'T READ IT ALL YET, I SURE HAD BEEN MISSING A LOT. I DO HOPE BOTH YOU, AND DON JOSE GET TO SEE YOUR BOOKS ON THE SHELVES, OR BETTER YET, ON SOME STRANGERS HANDS.

HOMAR
    PROSPECTORMIKEL likes this.

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    11925 times
    J.A.A., that was a supreme compliment that you gave me, thankyou.

us

Apr 2015
    2492 times
    J.A.A., that was a supreme compliment that you gave me, thankyou.
    Don Jose, J.A.A. has managed to put into words what I myself, and I am sure many others on this thread, have been thinking all along. You deserve that, as well as many more compliments. The small bits and pieces that you have shared with us on these pages make us want to see the whole story. But, we will try to have patience as well. Doesn't mean i won't ping you from time to time, though....

JB

us

Apr 2015
    2492 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PROSPECTORMIKEL View Post
    I KNOW HOW HARD IT HAS BEEN FOR ME TO PUT DOWN IN WORDS, THE SMALL PORTIONS OF THE LAST DECADE AND A HALF, OF MY LIFE. ONLY THE SIGNIFICANT PORTIONS AT BEST.

I CANNOT IMAGINE HOW LONG AND HARD ONE WOULD HAVE TO WORK TO BRING A LEGEND TO LIFE ON SHEETS OF PAPER. A SIGNIFICANT LIFETIME OF EPIC ADVENTURE TO SAY THE LEAST.

DOES ANY ONE KNOW BETTER THAN DON JOSE?

IF IT WERE EASY, IT WOULD NOT BE WORTH READING, I SUPPOSE.

KNOCK IT OUT OF THE BALLPARK, DON JOSE.

#/;0)~
    Mikel,

Agreed it is not easy. However, I respectfully submit that both you and Don Jose have shown us here on TN that you are both capable of marvelous things. Just write it like you were telling the story here on these threads. I am patiently waiting for both your books. Well, maybe not so patiently, but waiting. As long as I'm on about books, I suppose i should ask Oro about his book. Oro, I know you had a computer problem that cost you a lot of work, but it is likely that most or all of that information can be recovered, as Mikel suggested a few posts ago on one or another of these threads. How are you doing on your book, Roy?

JB

us
    Mar 2011
    4140 times
    Don Jose,

Sorry to butt in here. There is a guy named Jerry Curry who lives somewhere in Arizona and, during the late 1960's, he did three combat tours in Vietnam with Charlie Company, 1st Battalion, 173rd Airborne Brigade. Any relation to you?

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    11925 times
    Mdog, no i am sorry. my period was WW II, Guadalcanal

us
    Mar 2011
    4140 times
    Thanks Don Jose. I thought maybe he might be one of your younger relatives. He's probably a few years older than me and I'm 65.

um
    Nemo me impune lacesset

Jan 2005
    DAKOTA TERRITORY
    Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
    9756 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Shortfinger View Post
    Mikel,

Agreed it is not easy. However, I respectfully submit that both you and Don Jose have shown us here on TN that you are both capable of marvelous things. Just write it like you were telling the story here on these threads. I am patiently waiting for both your books. Well, maybe not so patiently, but waiting. As long as I'm on about books, I suppose i should ask Oro about his book. Oro, I know you had a computer problem that cost you a lot of work, but it is likely that most or all of that information can be recovered, as Mikel suggested a few posts ago on one or another of these threads. How are you doing on your book, Roy?

JB
    Hola amigo - the first one is sitting on a back burner, although I now have the necessary hardware to try to retrieve the files (especially some evidence photos that I can not replace) it is a matter of getting around to it. On the other one I got sucked into thinking it would be an article, still doing the cross-checking thing so will be some time before that gets to any publisher. I am not even sure I can do it, there is just SO much information, and a lot of it conflicting. So anyway thanks for the interest, I do try to peg at least a bit of effort into it every night, but fail sometimes.

Please do continue amigos;
    SUPPORT THE BEEF INDUSTRY - EAT BEEF
    "We must find a way, or we will make one."--Hannibal Barca

um
    Nemo me impune lacesset

Jan 2005
    DAKOTA TERRITORY
    Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
    9756 times
    And you wonder why sometimes you are compared to a particular type of poultry - heck anyone that could survive fighting the Japanese in the Pacific has to be one tough old bird! Thank you for your service to your country, it was guys like you that really did save the world.
    SUPPORT THE BEEF INDUSTRY - EAT BEEF
    "We must find a way, or we will make one."--Hannibal Barca

Mar 2013
    2998 times
    Real, Amigo,
    Have some Just my type of old swetty,smellin,drinking old mule,NP

us

Apr 2015
    2492 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Oroblanco View Post
    Hola amigo - the first one is sitting on a back burner, although I now have the necessary hardware to try to retrieve the files (especially some evidence photos that I can not replace) it is a matter of getting around to it. On the other one I got sucked into thinking it would be an article, still doing the cross-checking thing so will be some time before that gets to any publisher. I am not even sure I can do it, there is just SO much information, and a lot of it conflicting. So anyway thanks for the interest, I do try to peg at least a bit of effort into it every night, but fail sometimes.

Please do continue amigos;
    Hola back to you, my friend. Yes, you dropped a few hints about the book from time to time on the threads, and I was (and still am) intrigued by what little you have let out. I definitely know the story about "getting around to it". I also know the story about the large amount of info and conflicting info to boot. I had (briefly) thought about trying to do a spread sheet on the LDM info, similar to what I had done with Peg Leg, but the sheer mass of data was overwhelming, so much was conflicting, and probably an amalgamation of several different stories or legends about several different mines. Anyway, you indicated on one of the threads that someone had done it already, and I surely don't want to duplicate efforts, especially with that huge amount of data. I have been lurking on several of the LDM threads, but I don't have much to contribute over there, and, if anything there is more to look at there than there is here in Tayopa. It took me weeks to get through all of this topic.

My turn to buy.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links