Misc data and adventures of a Tayopa treasure hunter

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola Don Jose

There are claims of Ancient ruins on the island of Malaita? According to local folk tales and legends these are remains of the "Ramo civilisation", a warlike race of giants. They apparently consist of cyclopean-sized walls as well as a alleged tomb of gigantic proportions, which holds remains of a giant. There is a significant likelihood that - if indeed real could be discovery of the century?

However getting there is tricky as it involves following protocols. As far as I know site this alleged site has never been explored by outsiders of local tribes itself.

Marius Boirayon provides because he has married into one of the local tribes published approximate geographical coordinates of the place where these alleged ruins apparently exist. However, even if he is telling the truth, and the coordinates are correct, accessing the place in itself is simply impossible without the natives' assistance - tribes or village dwellers living close to the alleged ruins. Contacting local inhabitants is absolutely vital anyway, irrespective of the level of difficulty in organising an expedition to the region, if anything because firstly geographical data provided by Boirayon may not fully reflect reality in order to reach many areas in this mysterious country an appropriate consent is needed from local communities who own these lands.

If I can find more concrete evidence of such ruins it might be interesting to organize and expedition? Just another example of importance of protocols to follow..

That said if it does turn out to be ruins in jungle? It would be interesting indeed be amazing discovery..

Kanacki

OP
OP
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kanaki, Mataita is one of the least known islands of the Solomon, s and the last hold out for 'long pig kai kai' It is effectively an unkno

Incidently, the red haired giants are also found about 59 miles away. They buried their dead in the Cerro de La Campana.

check on my past posts on the red haired giants in Treasure net search.

As far as I can find out, the last one was killed around 1900

You continue to impress me Kanacki,,:laughing7::occasion14:

Last edited:

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola Don Jose it appears knowledge of these alleged ruins of a temple was known in late 1930's, There is a story of female archaeologist searching for it in 1937 See the telegraph newspaper of 1937.

The Telegraph Saturday 28 August 1937, page 17 woman archeologist seek ruins in solomons.jpg

Kanacki

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kanaki, Mataita is one of the least known islands of the Solomon, s and the last hold out for 'long pig kai kai' It is effectively an unkno

Incidently, the red haired giants are also found about 59 miles away. They buried their dead in the Cerro de La Campana.

check on my past posts on the red haired giants in Treasure net search.

As far as I can find out, the last one was killed around 1900

You continue to impress me Kanacki,,:laughing7::occasion14:

The topic of giants is an intriguing one.The bible records it giving clear statement how they appeared on the face of the earth in olden times.Apocryphal sources also give other details and literally all known ancient civilization have a myth of some kind related to giants referring them in various names,,,not surprisingly in the early days of the past century or so there have been claims of gigantic human like skeletons found in various parts of the world and even reported on news papers of the times,,but surprisingly there is no trace of these discoveries in any museum in the world today,,,some sniff conspiracy here..you can find skeletons of dinosaurs in museums but not the old giants,,the speculation in some circles is that the existence of such Skeltons would be incompatible to the existing theory of the so called human evolution that many in science believe in.Since the giants do not fit that theory they were removed and the story of their discovery was hushed up.But old photos exist including newspaper clips I guess...:)...Giants did exist and the most spectacular and strange thing is how they came about in the first place.. .I don't want to go in that detail but the truth can be read in the bible and other apocryphal sources.......Also According to the bible and the other apocryphal sources they were annihilated by God in the global flood of Noah's time ,,,but again they reappeared centuries later in Canaan to be annihilated by the Joshua led Israelites...later again we wee Goliath and David...After that we don't have clear account from the bible...but other ancient sources have documented their existence in folklore and myths as well.Hence I am not surprised if you find the burial place of such giants in the remote islands.But be sure some folks may not want the discovery to be made known..:)

TT

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola TT

I tend to be a fence sitter on that topic although I am interested in the historical accounts of such stories with no definite theories.

The trouble is we have two extremes one group of people obsessive and desperate for evidence to support pseudo claims for religious ideologies or pet theories and scientific community closed minded to all evidence. The truth is somewhere between the two extremes.

With this alleged lost ruins in Malaita?

Its easy for pseudo christian splinter cults to manipulate simple islanders with limited education via twisted ideologies. This is not a new thing among the islands, I saw it go on for years in New Guinea. There are zealots out there manipulating via name of religion. you can see how manipulative this badly made film in Solomon's trying to claim these allege ruins are part of Jewish temple. Notice how finders claim they are descended from the alleged builder of this site. And how quickly the they show flashes of these alleged ruins unclear with their interpretation on it?

You can see in clip below.

The following shows how quickly a thing can go out of hand.

Religious group claims lost arc of the covenant in Malaita | Pacific Beat | ABC Radio Australia

The Melanesian people are a very interesting and diverse group of people as you read in article below.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/02/070228064916.htm

But must of all there are claims of at least 3 sites of ruins in the mountains? The problem once again is the above.

Kanacki

Last edited:

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola If we look deeper into the history of the Solomon Islands Archaeologists claim their is at least 700 Lapita pottery site over the islands. And freely admits there is many gaps in history of the Solomon islands history?

The Spanish in 1596 only had a colony on Santa Cruz for 5 months. Manana's earlier expedition in 1568 was a few months at various camps not permanent settlement. Most Spanish tend to have brown eyes and dark feature. 25% of Melanesian in the Solomons have blond hair. Scientist are not sure how this genetic mutation evolved into DNA of the islanders. A smaller percentage of islanders have blue eyes. Other island groups surrounding the Solomons such Micronesian, Polynesian, and Papuan cultures do not.

Here is some pictures of genetic mutation in 25% of children and adults of the islands.

007bd45f2f60657db4e578de1e95e668.jpg

9b34146c381dc217d169289fc8137fab.jpg

b820d5525d8237785f1b35b3c454fa6c.jpg

364296461-hula-skirt-solomon-islands-state-melanesian-ethnicity-toddler.jpg

Some claim it via sailors, whalers that visited the island. That may not be the case as examining the old New Bedford whaler record notes race of each crew. 30% was of African heritage anyway. So the number of sailor to effectively transmitted that genetic mutation would not be high enough to account for 25% of Melanesian population. So the mystery remains was the Solomon island once visited and occupied in distant past?

One thing for sure. If every these alleged mysterious ruins ever come light and the attention of the scientific world it might just well upend present theories of ancient migration?

That is why the Solomon islands fascinates me.

Kanacki

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola this 1894 tells of a island near Santa Cruz that native population was very tall on average. Could they be in part the last vestiges of these giant legends?

The Telegraph Wednesday 22 August 1894 tall men.jpg

What would be interesting if anthropologist would survey the average height of those who have the blonde gene to those who do not and see which on average is taller in height?

Sadly high value research is sadly lacking in this part of Oceania.

Kanacki

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Senor Don Jose, I though some of Señor Kanacki looked familiar……..it is not just your eyes, but the same face……..
Is there something you are not telling us?

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola Don Jose Don Jose then it seems your not the only pirate with blue eyes. HaH Mikel yes indeed now we get to the truth! It was all those GI boys that was there WW2 thinking they were going to die and sowed there wild oats.

Kanacki

Last edited:

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm beginning to think that my short stature, white hair and hazel eyes, will keep me from living the pirate's life that I dreamt of in my youth.
That and that whole, swims like a rock thing.

#/:0(

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
So, who got them addicted to C O F F E E ......................... ?
:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2:

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh Simon.
Anyone could hold the crown for that, as long as they knew how to brew it properly.
Even I could have done that... HA. HA HA HA ho.

If I were a sailing' man...

#/80)

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
True, but I forget who it is, but someone here always has coffee WITH his coffee.
Oh, there he is now , mi amigo!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread