PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
O.K., I'M GONNA TRY TO GET THIS DONE BEFORE MY WIFE GETS BACK... SHE HATES IT WHEN I TELL THIS ONE... SHE HAS TWO GREAT FEARS. THE FIRST ONE IS HEIGHT. WE HAD JUST MOVED INTO A HOUSE IN THE COUNTRY, IT HAD A RANCH STYLE CEILING WITH A LOFT BEDROOM AT THE TOP OF A METAL SPIRAL STAIRCASE AND A METAL RAIL AT THE EDGE.
SHE WAS 7 MONTHS PREGNANT AT THE TIME. IT TOOK TWO DAYS TO GET HER TO TRY TO GET TO THE TOP OF THE STAIRS, AND SHE HAD MADE HER MIND UP THAT SHE COULD DO IT JUST TO SHUT ME UP. HALFWAY TO THE TOP SHE DECIDED TO CRAWL AND THE HIGHER SHE GOT THE CLOSER SHE HUGGED THE STEPS, UNTIL SHE REACHED THE TOP. SHE CURLED HER FINGER TIPS INTO THE CARPET WHEN SHE REACHED THE LOFT FLOOR AND PULLED HERSELF UNTIL SHE GOT HIGH CENTER ON THE TOP STEP. EVERY TIME I TRIED TO COME UP THE STAIRS TO HELP, SHE WOULD GO INTO A COMPLETE PANIC AND START SCREAMING AT ME TO GET OFF THE STAIRS BECAUSE SHE COULD FEAL MY FOOTSTEPS VIBRATE THRU THE METAL.
THIRTY MINUTES LATER SHE HAD CRAWLED TO THE MIDDLE OF THE ROOM AND I COULD COME UP AS LONG AS I PROMMISED NOT TO STEP OFF OF THE STAIRS. I THOUGHT SHE WOULD EVENTUALLY HYPERVENTELATE AND PASS OUT AND I COULD CARRY HER DOWN BEFORE SHE WOKE UP, BUT NO SUCH LUCK. ANOTHER HALF HOUR PASSED BEFORE SHE COULD GET BACK TO THE EDGE AND COME BACK DOWN BY HOLDING TO THE CENTER RAIL AND LOWERING HER REAR ONE STEP AT A TIME. I WAS AFRAID THAT I WOULD HAVE TO DELIVER THE BABY ON THE STAIRCASE, BUT AN HOUR AND A HALF PASSED AND SHE WAS BACK ON THE GROUND FLOOR. EVERY TIME I WOULD START TO TELL THE STORY TO ANY ONE THE HAIR ON MY NECK WOULD STAND UP AND I WOULD TURN ONLY TO FIND HER GLARING AT ME WITH A DEATH LOOK THAT FELT LIKE SHE HAD MY HEART IN HER HANDS. SO I WOULD DROP THE STORY IN MID WORD.....A MONTH OR SO LATER WE WERE SITTING IN THE LIVING ROOM. SHE WAS SEATED NEAR THE BOTTOM OF THE STAIRS AND I WAS SEATED NEAR THE FRONT DOOR AND SHE LOOKED ACROSS MY LAP AND SAID "IS THAT A..?" I LOOKED WHERE HER EYES HAD BEEN FOCUSSED AND THERE WAS A 4 FOOT BLACKSNAKE COMING THRU THE DOOR. I LOOKED BACK TO HER TO HAVE HER GET A BROOM WHILE I KEPT MY EYE ON IT. I HEARD A NOISE ABOVE MY HEAD AND SHE WAS STANDING UPSTAIRS POINTING AT THE SNAKE AND SCREAMING "KILL IT, KILL IT,KILL IT." AT THE TOP OF HER LUNGS. I DID NOT SEE HER GO FOR THE STAIRS AND I STILL WONDER IF SHE USED THE STAIRS OR NOT. SHE WAS NOT COMING DOWN UNTILL I HAD DEALT WITH THE SNAKE AND I HAD NOTHING BUT A FLY SWATTER TO WORK WITH AND SHE WASN'T COMING DOWN TO GET ANYTHING TO WORK WITH . I GRABBED THE FLYSWATER AND STARTED FLIPPING FURNITURE OVER TO KEEP IT FROM GETTING INSIDE ANYTHING AND TRYING TO DRIVE IT OUT WITH THE SWATER WHICH WAS GETTING SHORTER WITH EACH STROKE. I FINNALY DROVE IT INTO THE BACK OF A LARGE SPEAKER BOX AND CARRIED IT OUTSIDE. WHEN I CAME BACK INSIDE SHE WAS STANDING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE LIVINGROOM AND DID NOT REMEMBER GOING UPSTAIRS.. WE NEVER TALKED ABOUT IT AGAIN AND I GET THAT SAME FEALING ON MY NECK EVERY TIME I TELL ANYONE ELSE THE STORY.

IF SHE FINDS OUT THAT I POSTED THIS I WILL BE AS GOOD AS DEAD.

:coffee2: :coffee2:
MIKEL

Loke

Mar 24, 2010
Republic of Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@PROSPECTORMIKEL,
*chuckles* I guess I had lived in the city for near enough 10 years before I got wise and moved out - never saw or heard of any gars in the city.

OP
OP
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike I have that on a seperate disc, It might come handy later if you don't behave. snicker, however I know precisely how you feel, having similar things from mi tiger.

Incidentally where is the second page of the La Tarasca, Las Pimas search?? Did I forget to post it?

Don Jose de La Mancha

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don, Here you go.. For You my Friend...

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 759

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DON JOSE,
NO NEED FOR BLACKMAIL.... YOU HAVE ALREADY SEEN ME AT MY WORST!!!
I NEED MORE :coffee2:
HERE'S A CUP FOR YOU MY FRIEND!
MIKEL

Unicorn

Nov 18, 2007
Birmingham
Primary Interest:
Other
PROSPECTORMIKEL said:
O.K., I'M GONNA TRY TO GET THIS DONE BEFORE MY WIFE GETS BACK... SHE HATES IT WHEN I TELL THIS ONE... SHE HAS TWO GREAT FEARS. THE FIRST ONE IS HEIGHT. WE HAD JUST MOVED INTO A HOUSE IN THE COUNTRY, IT HAD A RANCH STYLE CEILING WITH A LOFT BEDROOM AT THE TOP OF A METAL SPIRAL STAIRCASE AND A METAL RAIL AT THE EDGE.
SHE WAS 7 MONTHS PREGNANT AT THE TIME. IT TOOK TWO DAYS TO GET HER TO TRY TO GET TO THE TOP OF THE STAIRS, AND SHE HAD MADE HER MIND UP THAT SHE COULD DO IT JUST TO SHUT ME UP. HALFWAY TO THE TOP SHE DECIDED TO CRAWL AND THE HIGHER SHE GOT THE CLOSER SHE HUGGED THE STEPS, UNTIL SHE REACHED THE TOP. SHE CURLED HER FINGER TIPS INTO THE CARPET WHEN SHE REACHED THE LOFT FLOOR AND PULLED HERSELF UNTIL SHE GOT HIGH CENTER ON THE TOP STEP. EVERY TIME I TRIED TO COME UP THE STAIRS TO HELP, SHE WOULD GO INTO A COMPLETE PANIC AND START SCREAMING AT ME TO GET OFF THE STAIRS BECAUSE SHE COULD FEAL MY FOOTSTEPS VIBRATE THRU THE METAL.
THIRTY MINUTES LATER SHE HAD CRAWLED TO THE MIDDLE OF THE ROOM AND I COULD COME UP AS LONG AS I PROMMISED NOT TO STEP OFF OF THE STAIRS. I THOUGHT SHE WOULD EVENTUALLY HYPERVENTELATE AND PASS OUT AND I COULD CARRY HER DOWN BEFORE SHE WOKE UP, BUT NO SUCH LUCK. ANOTHER HALF HOUR PASSED BEFORE SHE COULD GET BACK TO THE EDGE AND COME BACK DOWN BY HOLDING TO THE CENTER RAIL AND LOWERING HER REAR ONE STEP AT A TIME. I WAS AFRAID THAT I WOULD HAVE TO DELIVER THE BABY ON THE STAIRCASE, BUT AN HOUR AND A HALF PASSED AND SHE WAS BACK ON THE GROUND FLOOR. EVERY TIME I WOULD START TO TELL THE STORY TO ANY ONE THE HAIR ON MY NECK WOULD STAND UP AND I WOULD TURN ONLY TO FIND HER GLARING AT ME WITH A DEATH LOOK THAT FELT LIKE SHE HAD MY HEART IN HER HANDS. SO I WOULD DROP THE STORY IN MID WORD.....A MONTH OR SO LATER WE WERE SITTING IN THE LIVING ROOM. SHE WAS SEATED NEAR THE BOTTOM OF THE STAIRS AND I WAS SEATED NEAR THE FRONT DOOR AND SHE LOOKED ACROSS MY LAP AND SAID "IS THAT A..?" I LOOKED WHERE HER EYES HAD BEEN FOCUSSED AND THERE WAS A 4 FOOT BLACKSNAKE COMING THRU THE DOOR. I LOOKED BACK TO HER TO HAVE HER GET A BROOM WHILE I KEPT MY EYE ON IT. I HEARD A NOISE ABOVE MY HEAD AND SHE WAS STANDING UPSTAIRS POINTING AT THE SNAKE AND SCREAMING "KILL IT, KILL IT,KILL IT." AT THE TOP OF HER LUNGS. I DID NOT SEE HER GO FOR THE STAIRS AND I STILL WONDER IF SHE USED THE STAIRS OR NOT. SHE WAS NOT COMING DOWN UNTILL I HAD DEALT WITH THE SNAKE AND I HAD NOTHING BUT A FLY SWATTER TO WORK WITH AND SHE WASN'T COMING DOWN TO GET ANYTHING TO WORK WITH . I GRABBED THE FLYSWATER AND STARTED FLIPPING FURNITURE OVER TO KEEP IT FROM GETTING INSIDE ANYTHING AND TRYING TO DRIVE IT OUT WITH THE SWATER WHICH WAS GETTING SHORTER WITH EACH STROKE. I FINNALY DROVE IT INTO THE BACK OF A LARGE SPEAKER BOX AND CARRIED IT OUTSIDE. WHEN I CAME BACK INSIDE SHE WAS STANDING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE LIVINGROOM AND DID NOT REMEMBER GOING UPSTAIRS.. WE NEVER TALKED ABOUT IT AGAIN AND I GET THAT SAME FEALING ON MY NECK EVERY TIME I TELL ANYONE ELSE THE STORY.

IF SHE FINDS OUT THAT I POSTED THIS I WILL BE AS GOOD AS DEAD.

MIKEL. That made me laugh so much. So many good stories coming, now, do keep it up fellers, or should I say 'Guys' lol

'U'
Mikel

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
truckinbutch said:
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp said:
Geeze gals, guys it appears that our truckin has no sense of humor sigh he needs --> :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2:

Don Jose de la Mancha, el gentle, chaste, saint
My friend ! Would you want to go camping with a guy that would drink all your beer while he was cheating you at cards , then ...... sneak out of camp in your car that he had bought no gas for and empty the tank in a futile quest to 'get next to'your wife while you were gone ?
Nobody's answered my question ........................

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
comgratulations seem to be a weak answer my friend, so go get the next 'huge' one. If things weren't so hazardous in Mexico now, I could direct you to some blue base Opal, but no fire, nevetheless beautiful sheets of green and blue. Also agua marines, last one from the area that I saw and tried to buy, was a chicken egg size.

More posts my friend, and hi to the lucky gal :notworthy: :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2:

Don Jose de La Mancha

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truckin you posted--> My friend ! Would you want to go camping with a guy that would drink all your beer while he was cheating you at cards , then ...... sneak out of camp in your car that he had bought no gas for and empty the tank in a futile quest to 'get next to'your wife while you were gone ?

Nobody's answered my question ........................
OK, now you know why I don't have any beer, just :coffee2: :coffee2:, and since I only use Mexican cards which you don't understand, no problem As for the car?? I only have a faithful mule who would simply buck you off and then take the seat of your pants out with a nice bite for a trophy. As for getting cozy with my wife, forget it, she is completely spoiled for any other man since knowing me.

After all where can she ever find someone as handsome, gentle, kind, devil may care, dashing, brilliant, and a completely romantic adventurer ???

Sorry trucker you struck out snicker.

Don Jose da La Mancha

P.S, I can supply you with all of the proof needed for the above statements regarding my qualifications, with as many 'personally certified by me' documents that you may wish.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rockhound said:
Man my sister in laws birth stone is Opal.She would love for me to find a large one so she could have a ring or pendant made from it. No Opal around here,but over in North Caroilna,where I go most of the time,they find almost all the others,including some gold in small quantities. ihave some nice specimens now,after many years of searching. I have thought of trying to cut and polish them myself. There is a school not far from here that teaches a crash course in it. I may try getting into it later on. Thanks for the offer and maybe one day I will get down in your neighborhood if all the violence stops. I have never even seen one the size of a hens egg,that would be quite a find my friend.Good Luck. rockhound

Wildacres retreat on Pompey,s Knob Mountain in NC is a great place to learn http://www.amfed.org/sfms/wildacres-retreat.html :icon_thumleft:
My Geology club sends a member every year from our annual drawing.

There also is William Holland Retreat http://www.lapidaryschool.org/
Located in the mountains in north east Georgia at Young Harris, GA

GG~

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
El Tropical Tramp (Don Jose') wrote
I only have a faithful mule who would simply buck you off and then take the seat of your pants out with a nice bite for a trophy.

AHA! :o :o :o The truth finally slips out! Horses are sounding better and better.... :thumbsup:
Oroblanco

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
We keep a mule on the place . Like you ,Oro, I prefer horses .
My question was in reference to the relationship between Gordon and I . He didn't want to camp with someone like that ,either :tongue3:

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Truckin' - I am with you on that fellow; as Napoleon said, 'A known enemy is better than an uncertain friend'. :o :o :o
Roy

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Oroblanco said:
Truckin' - I am with you on that fellow; as Napoleon said, 'A known enemy is better than an uncertain friend'. :o :o :o
Roy
That applies to mules vs horses as well . Our mule is consistantly a nasty witch . Never kept a horse in my barn for long that I couldn't count on .

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So a friend of mine and myself were hunting for a Napoleonic camp site in Germany. He had done all the research ,had the old maps ,etc. He is retired from the army and stayed in Germany. At 70 years old at the time he could hunt those fields all day and had a great wealth of knowledge that he shared with me on the local history. We were close to the right spot and I started finding these oval disk which had stencil lettering stamped in them . We met up to compare finds after hitting different hill tops over looking the Reine river. I showed him the oval disk and he said with big eyes "where did you find those".I thought they were some kind of equipment tags.
I told him that hilltop over there is full of them and he says "those are WW2 German dog tags"! We went back to the area and found about 25 or so. It was an awesome hunt and it turns out there was a flak battery on top of that hill during the war. We also started finding French uniform buttons from 1795-1813. It was my best hunting grounds for my last 6 months in Germany.
A Mile or so of virgin Camp site that gave up roman items to WW2 stuff. I found more buttons,relics ,coins in the last six months just hunting about one day there a week due to the hour drive time then I had in a year and a half hunting in Germany prior. It was a blast.

Attachments

• Aug13$01tags[1] [640x480].jpg
    Aug13$01tags[1] [640x480].jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 523

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Good story Birdman. I've never been to Europe but I've studied some of the ancient civilizations from there. Did you do much site seeing? I've read that there were a lot of big battles between the Romans and the Germanic tribes. Is it hard to get permission to hunt? Anymore pictures?

Rick

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mdog, Germany is right in the middle of everything. Easy traveling. Loved it.
The Germans were very nice but most of them had never seen a metal detector. I had no problems at all except people thought it was silly for me to dig junk. ;D
I have pictures on my profile. 70% of the stuff was dug in Germany. Miss those days. My hunting partner had a Roman spear tip that was amazing. His house was like a museum with all the stuff he had dug there through the years.I never dug anything worth a ton of money but I knew I was very lucky and blessed to be able to enjoy the history while I was there. :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread