Misc data and adventures of a Tayopa treasure hunter

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry chaps (and chapettes)

Can't find my sheaf of papers regarding the WW2 story but will recall the details from memory as its only from last year.

Just before the end of the war, in about late 1944, the British government sent, or smuggled, a large shipment of gold bullion to the French Resistance for supplies and purchase of armaments. The shipment was done via the security and intelligence services and was very hush-hush. It was only known to a select few and the source of the gold was questionable.

Anyway, the gold was received in France and buried in a forest by British operatives/spies. As the war ended in 1945, the gold remained untouched and the British wanted it returned but the French obfuscated the matter. The Brits being frustrated by them, sent a British ex-spy to retrieve it under the guise of going on holiday with his wife in the 1950s. But they were murdered inexplicably one night near a remote location under strange circumstances and it made headlines at the time and was described as a assassination of the couple, an industrial espionage murder by some and even that the couple were killed by a serial killer. The British wanting to hush things up, quietly put the incident at the bottom of the drawer and apparently forgot about it....

The gold shipment.....?

Most likely still buried in the lonely spot in the forest......:goldbar:

Thanks IPUK! That sure is interesting! Is there any lead as to the general area?
TT

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI IPUK, they were mildly interested, but after Amy drew an almost complete blank at the Vatican, interest has sort of dwindled. They have many more projects, which have a more ready reference.

Regardless, they remain my friends and always will be so, with no ulterior motives on my part. Also I owe Crow for my book cover, he did a brilliant work.

View attachment 1292110 View attachment 1292111

Real de Tayopa....
Keep it up bro! You have also a unifying personality it seems as your thread has become a d- facto lobby to meet and comment on various THs..also when the trio come they hang out here usually,,,it is because everyone feels comfortable to be with you I guess!
TT

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello::coffee2::coffee2:We all should take notice of the power of like Spirits when they gather together in the same cause to help each other in our Quest or dreams. Words for many will flow like a river.so please continue.
NP:cat:

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi TT

I believe the area was around Annecy near a farm but I will find those papers and fill in the names and dates.

I am not going to be looking for anything to do with old Atahualpa I'm afraid. Going to to some places on the east coast of South America to look for some business opportunities and check out the lie of the land for investment purposes. My Spanish is non-existent but my son is learning it rapidly (bless him), to help his fat, useless dad and I am hoping that I might be able to visit Bolivia as well if a story from there offers some hope. I am in the last stages of my employment : due to go self-employed soon and have set-up some other income streams that will allow me to focus on this area, my passion, full-time.

TT, I would say this to you mate, if possible, look into becoming a facilitator for others looking to get involved or wanting assistance and support with research, logistics etc., with treasure hunting and recovery as that is what my aim is as well. That will not impinge on you following your own projects but will allow you to diversify.

IPUK

Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is something else that may be of interest.

May be a job for Maris to identify approximate location?

The following is an alleged treasure map pertaining to hidden treasure in Bulgaria. alleged gold treasure of Valchan Voivoda (1775-1863), a legendary Bulgarian voivode and “haidutin”.Voivode (“war leader” or “warlord") was a medieval title for a military commander from the time of the Second Bulgarian Empire (1185-1396 AD) which during the period of the Ottoman Yoke (1396-1878/1912) was assumed by the leaders of Bulgarian haiduti, Robin Hood-style rebel bands robbing rich people and employing guerilla warfare against the Ottoman forces.

This one was taken from Bulgarian treasure hunters by authorities.

treasure-hunters-map-vetrintsi.jpg

Amy

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi TT

I believe the area was around Annecy near a farm but I will find those papers and fill in the names and dates.

I am not going to be looking for anything to do with old Atahualpa I'm afraid. Going to to some places on the east coast of South America to look for some business opportunities and check out the lie of the land for investment purposes. My Spanish is non-existent but my son is learning it rapidly (bless him), to help his fat, useless dad and I am hoping that I might be able to visit Bolivia as well if a story from there offers some hope. I am in the last stages of my employment : due to go self-employed soon and have set-up some other income streams that will allow me to focus on this area, my passion, full-time.

TT, I would say this to you mate, if possible, look into becoming a facilitator for others looking to get involved or wanting assistance and support with research, logistics etc., with treasure hunting and recovery as that is what my aim is as well. That will not impinge on you following your own projects but will allow you to diversify.

IPUK
Thanks IPUK,,yeah it is good if you send us the infos on the French story ! I hope and wish you sucess in your adventures,,,please make sure to keep a diary ....

Thanks for the suggestion for para services to THs....it seems logical and practical to begin there...
As to WW2 the polish train saga seems to continue,,check this..
Nazi gold? Digging to find train could begin this month in Walbryzch | World | News | Daily Express

TT

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is something else that may be of interest.

May be a job for Maris to identify approximate location?

The following is an alleged treasure map pertaining to hidden treasure in Bulgaria. alleged gold treasure of Valchan Voivoda (1775-1863), a legendary Bulgarian voivode and “haidutin”.Voivode (“war leader” or “warlord") was a medieval title for a military commander from the time of the Second Bulgarian Empire (1185-1396 AD) which during the period of the Ottoman Yoke (1396-1878/1912) was assumed by the leaders of Bulgarian haiduti, Robin Hood-style rebel bands robbing rich people and employing guerilla warfare against the Ottoman forces.

This one was taken from Bulgarian treasure hunters by authorities.

View attachment 1292405

Amy

Thanks Amy! That is quite a puzzle and a nice one as well...have there been any attempts by others so far?
TT

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks IPUK,,yeah it is good if you send us the infos on the French story ! I hope and wish you sucess in your adventures,,,please make sure to keep a diary ....

Thanks for the suggestion for para services to THs....it seems logical and practical to begin there...
As to WW2 the polish train saga seems to continue,,check this..
Nazi gold? Digging to find train could begin this month in Walbryzch | World | News | Daily Express

TT

Thanks TT

I will keep a diary and will also try and find the French info.

IPUK

OP
OP
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TT, as much as I am able to control it, which I don't, this thread is supposed to be similar to a campfire get together, or corner pub (bar to you yanks) where we just sit around and spin our stories of personal adventure or contemplated ones - along with unlimited Coffee, or in your case, Tea. . The Explorers Club is an excellent example.

TT, Thanks for your words, they are appreciated. :coffee2::coffee2: <-- Tea, yes I used tea on my trips, sneaky. Seems that the Mexicans are addicted to BLAC< strong coffee and don't particularily care for Tea. On the trail it is almost mandatory that you share your coffee with others, so under the circumtances, since I apparently had no coffee, I was "forced to share my tea " which they graciously refused, so my personal coffee stock lasted much longer. :tongue3: Sides, I kinda like tea, but not as they make it in the lumber camps in Canada, where it is blacker than coffee, then add insult to it by useing cream.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TT, as much as I am able to control it, which I don't, this thread is supposed to be similar to a campfire get together, or corner pub (bar to you yanks) where we just sit around and spin our stories of personal adventure or contemplated ones - along with unlimited Coffee, or in your case, Tea. . The Explorers Club is an excellent example.

TT, Thanks for your words, they are appreciated. :coffee2::coffee2: <-- Tea, yes I used tea on my trips, sneaky. Seems that the Mexicans are addicted to BLAC< strong coffee and don't particularily care for Tea. On the trail it is almost mandatory that you share your coffee with others, so under the circumtances, since I apparently had no coffee, I was "forced to share my tea " which they graciously refused, so my personal coffee stock lasted much longer. :tongue3: Sides, I kinda like tea, but not as they make it in the lumber camps in Canada, where it is blacker than coffee, then add insult to it by useing cream.

Don Jose almost brought you over to the dark side tea drinkers indeed.:laughing7::coffee2:

Amy

Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello IPUK

You should be collecting as many books, manuscripts, documents and private letters. Just like hardlucks legendary library. Has book stacked so much they are overflowing, charts and documents. In fact he is in danger of being buried alive by books and manuscripts. He has many copies of documents and surprising original documents. There is no order on how he stores them and some times he forgets where placed them. I tried to store and digitize his collection however unfinished....

And its hard as the old pirate messes up the files again.

Amy

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi CI

I have been collecting books since Rupert Furneaux first enraptured me as a youngster with treasure tales. Also, my old dad used to return from the pub at the weekends and we'd watch western movies and swashbuckling films together. He passed away suddenly at a young age when I was 11 years old, and that in some ways really ignited my love of American Apache history and of the southwest area with the border with old Mexico. Seeing those images of the desert, incredible lonely mountain ranges, tales of bravery, sudden wealth, enigmatic mysteries, battles, hunting, friendship in the face of adversity and all those romantic notions that captivates one's imagination.

My sole trip to the States was to visit the great Arizona desert and follow in the footsteps of where the Chiricahua Apaches (the great Cochise's tribe) lived. If it happens, my wife and I will someday buy a home there and spend part of the year in that special place.

The civil servant in me requires order, indexing, clearly labelled records, but I have been getting careless lately due to the sheer volume of information I've got lying around my house and am looking to find a bigger space. Once you start collecting, it can sometimes quickly escalate.

I have heard of Hardluck's legendary records. That I presume, is why the Trio are so successful and thorough. You really must be special if they've brought you on board to bring order to it. I'm telling you, it's not a 'Trio' anymore, it's a Quartet!

IPUK

Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello TT in short yes. but time for me today is precious as any treasure. I will elaborate further on the Bulgarian treasure map.

Amy

TT Treasure hunters have managed to dig up by hand and in extreme conditions dozens of tunnels in three areas known as Gushterskoto Usoe (Lizard’s Deep), Paychovi Varbi (Paycho’s Willows), and Hanskata Stena (The Khan’s Wall). Because of their specific position, three hills rising there have been used by the treasure hunters as reference points.

Some of the deeper underground tunnels even have scaffolds installed inside them in order to prevent them from collapsing on top of the treasure hunters.“They have been digging here since the 1990s.The looters’ tunnels go under the citadel of a medieval fortress. Dozens of pits have also been dug up on the site of an Early Christian monastery near a medieval cemetery. there is still a persistent belief treasure is still there hidden by Valchan Voivoda.

One thing one must realize there is a fine line between cultural heritage and the recovery bullion or coinage treasure.

Amy

Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi CI

I have been collecting books since Rupert Furneaux first enraptured me as a youngster with treasure tales. Also, my old dad used to return from the pub at the weekends and we'd watch western movies and swashbuckling films together. He passed away suddenly at a young age when I was 11 years old, and that in some ways really ignited my love of American Apache history and of the southwest area with the border with old Mexico. Seeing those images of the desert, incredible lonely mountain ranges, tales of bravery, sudden wealth, enigmatic mysteries, battles, hunting, friendship in the face of adversity and all those romantic notions that captivates one's imagination.

My sole trip to the States was to visit the great Arizona desert and follow in the footsteps of where the Chiricahua Apaches (the great Cochise's tribe) lived. If it happens, my wife and I will someday buy a home there and spend part of the year in that special place.

The civil servant in me requires order, indexing, clearly labelled records, but I have been getting careless lately due to the sheer volume of information I've got lying around my house and am looking to find a bigger space. Once you start collecting, it can sometimes quickly escalate.

I have heard of Hardluck's legendary records. That I presume, is why the Trio are so successful and thorough. You really must be special if they've brought you on board to bring order to it. I'm telling you, it's not a 'Trio' anymore, it's a Quartet!

IPUK

I think for many people it is in one form or another a book that stimulates interest in such topics. My passion was history. In fact I wrote extensive about Russian history in the late 19th century and early 2oth century politics resulting in the cold war polices of post WW2 period. When I first left collage I taught history to teenagers more interest in playing with their IPads. It was through my Husbands family I first met my future uncle Crow. A bunch of gypsies tramp's and thieves they call themselves. Yet Crow and hit it off as he was able to converse on my topic of Russian history to make me realizing there was much more to this promising old bum than first thought. It was from Crow, Hardluck approached me to work for them. When I met hard luck I thought he was a janitor. Both of them are scruffy bums as if they are in race on who could look the scruffiest? Kanacki is definitely the more dignified in appearance of the trio. He has a natural attractiveness and presence that must of made him ladies man when younger.

Perhaps your right as my husbands Says I am the rose between the thorns.

Amy

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing7::laughing7:

It really is a mystery how serendipity intervenes in life and changes courses for the future direction of one's life. I have a visualised picture in my head of what I believe the Trio look like. :3some:

But I bet I'm still wrong. Crowmeister's probably in his late 50s, has got deep tanned skin, is a wiry fellow of medium height, longish hair interspersed with grey and a world-weary countenance. Hardluck's probably similar in age but has a bigger frame and is more thoughtful and careful in his words. He is likely to keep quiet around a person until he lets them into his magic circle and then he will treat you as an equal. Reckon Kanacki is the senior in age and experience in many ways. Think he's a big, commanding chap who is known for not taking any nonsense and is classed as a born leader.

Just hope I would know it's them if I ever passed the chaps on the street or even on a forsaken path in some remote corner of the planet....:weee:

IPUK

OP
OP
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She is IPUK (gotta change that 'I pUK' to something else, sounds rather urpy in gringolandiez) say IUK ??

Actually sounds somewhat like a literary critic of my book.:dontknow::laughing7:

There is much more to the unholy trio that even you know IUK, and Amy would be a welcome addition to the group.

Go back to some of their experiences that were posted in here,, such as catching poor Crow drunk and putting he,, in his bed naked, on the main road to town, where he woke up surronded by females as usual ( appologies Amy ).

Then again there are the stories about hardluck and Kanacki, the swab job.

Or the time ----- or again the time that he ---No there is a special place in my heart for the Quartet. I kid Amy about her hubby, someimes to the point of crudity, but I hope that she recogiizes it for what it is intended for , admiration. and the best wishes for her happines and success.

I personally wish to thank her for her efforts in the 'Vatican on my Tayopa. And yes, it really exists and I have it.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Don

Bet the 'real' stories regarding the Trio (not including CI in this as she is too civilised to participate in their shenanigans) , can't be discussed in a forum where kids might be reading!

I am sure that Amy takes no offence with your teasing - she used to be a teacher and is experienced in telling naughty boys to behave!

I sincerely hope that you get to open up Tayopa and get the result your efforts and dedication deserve.

IUK

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TT Treasure hunters have managed to dig up by hand and in extreme conditions dozens of tunnels in three areas known as Gushterskoto Usoe (Lizard’s Deep), Paychovi Varbi (Paycho’s Willows), and Hanskata Stena (The Khan’s Wall). Because of their specific position, three hills rising there have been used by the treasure hunters as reference points.

Some of the deeper underground tunnels even have scaffolds installed inside them in order to prevent them from collapsing on top of the treasure hunters.“They have been digging here since the 1990s.The looters’ tunnels go under the citadel of a medieval fortress. Dozens of pits have also been dug up on the site of an Early Christian monastery near a medieval cemetery. there is still a persistent belief treasure is still there hidden by Valchan Voivoda.

One thing one must realize there is a fine line between cultural heritage and the recovery bullion or coinage treasure.

Amy
Thanks Amy! It seems interesting ...will try to check more some time..
TT

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi CI

IPUK

IPUK..:),,,though I don't doubt you are a very clever , hard working and organized fellow,,,however according to the hilarious British sitcom "yes minister/yes prime minister" the civil servants are portrayed otherwise,,kkk
But I believe your years of experience there would come in handy in many respects!
TT

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread