Misc data and adventures of a Tayopa treasure hunter

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I thought I should explain my "handle". audigger53 When I first started posting on Treasurenet and other sites, I used audigger with my age at that time, (IE gold digger and 53 years old). Since then almost 19 years have gone by (end of July). Not as old as Jose, but not a young squirt, either. I am in good shape for my age as Bill can attest too. ;) Hope to get back for at least one more trip from Maryland to Arizona. All it takes is money :( Have always tried to help out and sometimes add a little cold hard logic to some of the stories. Any case I do like the people here and am willing to help out any that I can.

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought I should explain my "handle". audigger53 When I first started posting on Treasurenet and other sites, I used audigger with my age at that time, (IE gold digger and 53 years old). Since then almost 19 years have gone by (end of July). Not as old as Jose, but not a young squirt, either. I am in good shape for my age as Bill can attest too. ;) Hope to get back for at least one more trip from Maryland to Arizona. All it takes is money :( Have always tried to help out and sometimes add a little cold hard logic to some of the stories. Any case I do like the people here and am willing to help out any that I can.

Wild Bill, My Betrothed? Why you scoundrel! Why didn't you say so before you spoke! :notworthy:

I've enjoyed your posts tremendously Au, always full of tips, and tricks that tickle my funnybone. Glad you're here, this round's on me!

:occasion14:

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
It was Bill Riley. Helped him with one of his shadow sites. Had to move a rock so it will show up later in the year.

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Au, if he is in the tropics tell him to beware of the plants that look like elephant ears, They definitely are not good for that, but they will keep him walking spraddle legged for a few days..and off active duty.:tongue3:

Last edited:

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was Bill Riley. Helped him with one of his shadow sites. Had to move a rock so it will show up later in the year.

Oh dear, you have my sympathy. Did you fall for the pork chop trick? :laughing7:

I won't hold it against you though, still love your posts. And now I even understand where the sick side of your humor comes from. :wink:

Rattle his cage for me, will ya? Heheheh. :tongue3:
:whip2::angel9:

Loke

Mar 24, 2010
Republic of Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, you silver tongued scamp, you say the sweetest things......when you're blowin' smoke. :-*

You and I both know, if it had been me, you would have turned me over your knee and commenced to wailin' on my backside. At which point I would've had to bite a hunk out of your thigh big enough to stuff a bell pepper.....and while you were turning the air blue with love words Id've been on your back like a scalded cat, spurs dug in for dear life, and chewed half an ear off before you could get loose.

If it had been me....you'd hold the record for highest bribe ever paid to a fellow BP, just to get me off your hands.

Seven veils my patootie......pffft! :tongue3:
Myyy - you do have a way with words!! Silver-tongued comes to mind ... *chuckles* Ooops - that's right, we're talking about 'gold', so 'gold-tongued' it is !

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My word is always Golden, my tricky friend. It's my sunny disposition. :icon_sunny:
smiley%20angel%20whistling_zpssldpfk1p.gif

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
buj luck, that's a 44 magnum hand load.sorta an overkill ?

Well, Elmer did call it a 44 mg. It did sort out the limp-wristed from those who made a rough living. And it would reach out at 500 yards and make holes in the ole outhouse. I'd think that would have been useful in the BP.

Ended up stretching the frame a bit eventually, so traded the Blackhawk for a Super Blackhawk. Won't stretch that one.

It's a lot of fun, and a lot of Linotype went down the barrel since 1969. I never could back 'er off for milder loads. Sorta like Dit vs ordinary ladies.

Last edited:

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True Bum Luck, but so did the 357 with the addition that you could carry 1/3 more rnds on your belt Here is how the Keith sight worked. Mine was a SW mod 28 hiway patrolman with the long range sights Click to enlarge

View attachment 1457363

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
but Tayopa is primarily silver ???

And as I've recently mentioned (elsewhere on the forum), Silver is the most conductive metal on earth.
Tayopa's kept us electrified for 358 pages so far, with no loss of current. :occasion14:

Now, if only we could close that open circuit called...The Book.......

electrocution01_blue.gif

Last edited:

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, Elmer did call it a 44 mg. It did sort out the limp-wristed from those who made a rough living. And it would reach out at 500 yards and make holes in the ole outhouse. I'd think that would have been useful in the BP.

Ended up stretching the frame a bit eventually, so traded the Blackhawk for a Super Blackhawk. Won't stretch that one.

It's a lot of fun, and a lot of Linotype went down the barrel since 1969. I never could back 'er off for milder loads. Sorta like Dit vs ordinary ladies.

Hmmm....gonna have to study this one for a bit, Bum...

I'm thinking I was just insulted. :laughing7: :skullflag: :tongue3:

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Au contraire ma jolie dame!

Je vous remercie beaucoup pour les paroles aimables, Monsieur Teach. Vous êtes en effet un Trésor!

Amour le bandeau sur le œil, très fringant.... :icon_pirat: :-*

Vu des ombres traîner ces derniers temps?
5.gif

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Je vous remercie beaucoup pour les paroles aimables, Monsieur Teach. Vous êtes en effet un Trésor!

Amour le bandeau sur le œil, très fringant.... :icon_pirat: :-*

Vu des ombres traîner ces derniers temps?
5.gif

Ok, enough talking dirty without letting the rest of us poor non French speaking dummies in on it. ;) I know part of my sick humor. LOL

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, enough talking dirty without letting the rest of us poor non French speaking dummies in on it. ;) I know part of my sick humor. LOL

Pirate talk ....

Aucune ombre à la lumière du soleil

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
True Bum Luck, but so did the 357 with the addition that you could carry 1/3 more rnds on your belt Here is how the Keith sight worked. Mine was a SW mod 28 hiway patrolman with the long range sights Click to enlarge

View attachment 1457363

Now you're leaning my way.
I acquired a bolt action .357 rifle to compliment the 5 inch GP 100. It is light, stainless as well like the GP ,and synthetic stocked. A Ruger rotary magazine too.
The throat between the chamber and rifling is pistol like unfortunately , but it performs well enough despite. Still ,tweaking that fit/ transaction could really bring out better performance.
Have some 180 grn. Buffalo brand hardcasts to try out.
Lighter bullets have worked fine for deer with patient shot choices , but gotta sample other options too.

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pirate talk ....

Aucune ombre à la lumière du soleil

Que le diable m'emporte, Ventre de sang?!

Sorry gentlemen, just a little parrying between pirates, nothing untoward, I promise. I was only admiring his eyepatch, and he, my sunny disposition. :icon_pirat: :icon_sunny:

So Au, get your mind out of the gutter you've definitely been hanging out with Bill too long. Not all French words are "dirty", it's actually a very beautiful language. It's also the language of le corsair - the pirate.
Comprenez vous? :skullflag:

Shortfinger

Apr 7, 2015
Valley Center, CA/Yuma, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Que le diable m'emporte, Ventre de sang?!

Sorry gentlemen, just a little parrying between pirates, nothing untoward, I promise. I was only admiring his eyepatch, and he, my sunny disposition. :icon_pirat: :icon_sunny:

So Au, get your mind out of the gutter you've definitely been hanging out with Bill too long. Not all French words are "dirty", it's actually a very beautiful language. It's also the language of le corsair - the pirate.
Comprenez vous? :skullflag:

Well, I have to go along with AU here. I don't know French, and I'm about as big a pirate as there is. I guess I may have to see if I can get any of that translated....We have all seen examples of your sunny disposition....

JB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread