Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Shortfinger

Apr 7, 2015
Valley Center, CA/Yuma, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about the one where I found myself swimming with that extremely large serpent on the Gloria Pan search ?? or when I beat the Mexican national pistol champion in an informal match ?? Or when I peed on the Jaguar? or why I shaved off my Goatee never to return? Or the time when I had to shoot a hole in my sleeping bag ? or, or, or?

I'll go with the goatee. I don't remember that one...

JB

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pk the goatee it is.
I had been carefully nurturing an exquisite goatee ( in my opinion ) We were runing low on supplies, so we decided to stock up. After a few days on the trail, we finally broke out of the Jungle to a small store with a small cluster of houses surrounding it,

As my associate and I broke out into the clearing my goatee was at it's finest..While we were at the store we were surrounded by a bunch of girls, hoping to secretly marry, or whatever , one of us in order to escape their future.

As We were proudly showing off our faltering Spanish I heard the word 'Goat' whispered, accompanied by giggles.That did it, they certainly didn't know the way to a man's heart, in any event that Magnificent Spanish Goatee disappeared the next morning. Sigh,, females can be heartless.

No, we never subjected any of them to a fate worse than death ????.and there were a few very cute Mayan gals in the bunch

Of course if ther had been a DIT among them I might have weakened for a week or so.

Last edited:

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now, Don Jose, you were just to sensitive....they were most likely talking amongst themselves about the delicious meal they were going to prepare for the two of you, to win your affections. Young girls always giggle about everything, even roasting a goat.

Personally, I don't care too much for goat meat, and I'm past the giggling stage. But I would have made you a scrumptious iguana pozole if you had flashed that furry grin at Me.

But only if you would have promised to tell more stories after the meal. Hint...hint...

*****:occasion14:

Shortfinger

Apr 7, 2015
Valley Center, CA/Yuma, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pk the goatee it is.
I had been carefully nurturing an exquisite goatee ( in my opinion ) We were runing low on supplies, so we decided to stock up. After a few days on the trail, we finally broke out of the Jungle to a small store with a small cluster of houses surrounding it,

As my associate and I broke out into the clearing my goatee was at it's finest..While we were at the store we were surrounded by a bunch of girls, hoping to secretly marry, or whatever , one of us in order to escape their future.

As We were proudly showing off our faltering Spanish I heard the word 'Goat' whispered, accompanied by giggles.That did it, they certainly didn't know the way to a man's heart, in any event that Magnificent Spanish Goatee disappeared the next morning. Sigh,, females can be heartless.

No, we never subjected any of them to a fate worse than death ????.and there were a few very cute Mayan gals in the bunch

Of course if ther had been a DIT among them I might have weakened for a week or so.

Please note the close correlation between the terms: goat....goatee....If the goatee was at it's finest, it should not surprise you that there was a reference to a goat, especially if you were quite a bit older than the girls. And, Dit, as usual, is correct. Young girls do tend to giggle quite a lot....

JB

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have trimmed my beard into a goatee, maybe a half dozen times over the last twenty years or so, and the same thing happens every time.

Someone that I have not seen in four or five years notices it first, usually after a week or two. No one in my family is ever the first to notice!

The last time that my wife, of almost fourth two years noticed my beard, she ran her fingers thru it, and said " You need a haircut."
I did not trim my beard nor get a hair cut for one year!

The lady that takes care of my hair told me that she thought I was seeing someone else, to which I replied that I do not cheat on my wife and most certainly would not cheat on her! The two that were before her retired or I would have stayed with them.
I am very loyal to the ladies that use sharp tools around my face...

#/;0{>~

Last edited:

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this is not th'ing but a part of my life while I was treasure hunting in Mexico' I was flying on the spruce Budworm campaign in Canada. A boo boo. two neck vertebrata and three ribs. and a cute nurse.

I was investigating a reading in the Church in Chinapas, Chih. It was a clear, strong reading of some 10 ft by 5 ft in the room next to the alter.I had just received a telegram to report to Phoenix, Az if I wanted a job in Canada., so I entrusted the priest to recover whatever was there. .When I returned a month or so later there was no reading, but the area had been dug up. after all you can trust a priest no ? I will never know just how much he found there

Incidentally, I had a letter of introduction from the Bishop to all of the priest in the state to allow me full access to their church grounds, in return we would split anything 50 % for me and 25% each to the Bishop and the priest.

This should answer the question of the Church having any money hid .Fredricton newsaper. 1957 July 5.jpg jpgbooboo.jpg~c100.jp.jpg den. Incidentlly all church property belongs to the federal gov.

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you enlarge the picture, you can see where the cable sawed through the main spar and not my neck, although it scratched the top of my helmet. can think of nicer ways go, " head sawed off " == ugh...

That nurse was very good looking, about 28, but with a broken neck and three ribs broken also , it would have been peculiar date, or as Oro or Dit would say " a waste of time"

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was posted today. a proposed swim from, Calif to Japan. I fail to see where this would accomplish much. except to show what human endurance can accomplish. He is a member of the explorer club and it was addressed to the Explorers club members. Incidentally the Oceanic currents favor a from Japan to the US.
E

https://outlook.live.com/owa/?path=/mail/inbox/rp

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From dusty you, a geologist here on TN

ed by Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp View Post
g'morning Dust: Drnk yer coffee and stop oggling my maid.

Don Jose de La Mancha
Ok Don Jose.. now the 1st picture is gorgeous ... volcanic/ earthquake mix/lift and a ton of erosion to cut thru the levels, Id love to hike that (would take me a month tho, because of the constant stop pick up a rock and observe the strata and mineralogy) lol... but i digress! (yes great spot to go look)...

Any way you go send me some more pictures of what you find.. and ill try to get you closer to the Gold!

Last edited:

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He sounds like a very wise man, Jefe. Take his advice, it's sound. :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread