Misc data and adventures of a Tayopa treasure hunter

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dit, I have posted the story of my spending the night in the dockside Ho house teaching the poor HO basic chinese, instead of - there was no other place to spend Chritmas eve, refugees. This was not one of the centerfold ones.

I'll post it again this Christmas eve if you wish

Leave it to you to put the Ho Ho Ho in Christmas. :whip2::tongue3:

Does this one involve a fat man in a red suit and a bag of coal again?

Sharpening my sword in anticipation. ;D

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Cheapskate. How much does it cost for a plate of your moth encrusted Mac & cheese? :sad10:

Pffft! I'd stick with mi Jefe, at least I'd have plenty of iguana to eat and good storytelling round the fire at night to keep me warm. And eggshells in the coffee instead of strained through an iffy sock.

Even in old China a girl recognises a real treasure when she sees one. :notworthy:

:coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::tongue3:

Cheapskate? Nope - foresight!

Moth-encrusted mac-n-cheese =$$$ priceless!

No sock coffee for you? Sheesh next you will be telling us that you demand a tent and a blanket for a camp! :tongue3:

Please do continue,

:coffee2::coffee2::coffee2:

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cheapskate? Nope - foresight!

Moth-encrusted mac-n-cheese =$$$ priceless!

No sock coffee for you? Sheesh next you will be telling us that you demand a tent and a blanket for a camp! :tongue3:

Please do continue,

:coffee2::coffee2::coffee2:

Only for the little blue babies that I rescue from the street, to protect them from the elements. Would you deny them shelter AND your Mac & cheese?

Even your dogs get better treatment!

Grinch! :tongue3:

images.jpeg

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
Don't you trust that Santa. I've only asked him for ONE thing every yr. the last 30 yrs. and he ain't come through yet! He know's I've been a good boy. All I want is a list of all the bad little girls in town. Won't cost him a dime. He's all ready got the list, he just won't give me a copy and he KNOWS it's not for me. I'm gonna sell the A-D, E-H etc. to my heathen animal buddies who would pay a fortune for it. Merry Christmas to all and to you Commodore. God bless us everyone.

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't you trust that Santa. I've only asked him for ONE thing every yr. the last 30 yrs. and he ain't come through yet! He know's I've been a good boy. All I want is a list of all the bad little girls in town. Won't cost him a dime. He's all ready got the list, he just won't give me a copy and he KNOWS it's not for me. I'm gonna sell the A-D, E-H etc. to my heathen animal buddies who would pay a fortune for it. Merry Christmas to all and to you Commodore. God bless us everyone.

Hmm, I had no problem getting the naughty boys list. Only downside was I had to bring them in in one piece to get paid. :dontknow:

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmm, I had no problem getting the naughty boys list. Only downside was I had to bring them in in one piece to get paid. :dontknow:

Did that mean you couldn’t poke a few holes in ‘em ?

I know one of those fellas that needs some of the hot air let out of him!!!

NO, he ain’t on TNET, so quit thinking 🤔 that you know him...

#/;0{>~

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did that mean you couldn’t poke a few holes in ‘em ?

I know one of those fellas that needs some of the hot air let out of him!!!

NO, he ain’t on TNET, so quit thinking �� that you know him...

#/;0{>~

I'm your Huckleberry. :angel12:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Biien venidos Senor UglyMailman. I was not ona of the pilots., that came later Through the USAF. I was a Naval Bonbardier

This is what happens when Senor Don Jose takes control.
2016-03-16 00_49_07-Cortana.png
Course, he saved "most" of the plane.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Hahaha I never wear baseball caps, it's either a real prospector hat that keeps the sun off the back of your neck or a simple headband. Not enough brim on the baseball hats, and can't fold it up to let the sun in your pan!

$500 sheesh so expensive for a female! I wouldn't be able to feed her!

Please do continue,

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee:

I see Don Jose more of a "Catch and Release" person.
2015-09-22 06_04_07-Memes Archives - Page 27 of 187 - Humoar.com - Your Source For MOAR Humor!.png
Here is some coffee. I have been absent for a time so I owe Don Jose, ( and others ), several rounds of coffee in hopes to get back in good standing.

Last edited:

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

More than once I would have really liked a tent and a blanket. Unless you have two fires, one for each side, you keep waking up to have to roll over and get the other side warm. Not that good for a good nights sleep.

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Has anyone else followed the sound of frogs to get to water? Did that in Arizona, found a nice deep pool of water that was great to drink.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Only for the little blue babies that I rescue from the street, to protect them from the elements. Would you deny them shelter AND your Mac & cheese?

Even your dogs get better treatment!

Grinch! :tongue3:

View attachment 1528162

Grinch now? Bah humbug!

Dogs are a special case, for they are willing to give their own lives for you. How many people do you think would be willing to do that? By the way how many blue babies have you saved from the street?

Audigger ever tried the mountain man trick of building a fire as long as you are tall, and smothering the fire with dirt - you can then sleep on top of the fire and be nice and warm. It is a little bit tricky to get the amount of dirt right though.

Please do continue,

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand exactly what you mean.

The dreams that haunt me, are usually particularly painful [emoji21]. I am generally in pain after waking up and need medicine for muscle cramps.

The cramps are the cause and the dreams are the effects.

No matter what, the pain is real.

#/;0{>~

Howdy Mikel,

I know what you mean, sure is funny how anything you hear, or feel while asleep, fits into whatever you happen to be dreaming. I have had too many bones broken on several different occasions. On a head-on collision alone, I had both ankles shattered, and my right femur broken in six pieces from the knee joint up about halfway. When I was looking at the damage, both my feet were pointing backwards. Anyway, they managed to put humpty dumpty together again, the best they could. I have a plate, and 13 screws on my femur with a large bolt at the joint. That big bolt seems to have a nerve or something that hangs on it now and then, making me see stars that haven't been discovered yet.

So in my sleep I was dreaming that I was running late changing the gas flow charts in the gathering fields. I came to a ranch gate, and got off the truck to open it. The grass was tall, and a rattlesnake got me right on that tender spot on the outside of my knee. It was stuck there, so I pulled my knife out which I always carry on a scabard, and pryed the snake off of my knee.

That's when I woke up to the pain on my knee. I could barely move as I went looking for pain killers. My wife was already up watching tv when she saw me, and asked "what happened to you?" ":censored: rattlesnake got me."

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Simon 1
I'll tag along behind your coffee truck with my supply and belief that those who partake in your coffee may also prefer an enhancer; especially as we enter the Christmas Season. Meanwhile, I'll start with myself. Merry Christmas to all.
Don......
ab-hiram-walker-kahlua-773.jpg

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And a merry Christmas etc to you also Mack. Eer, slip a shot into my coffee when they aren't looking.

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go ahead and slip it in. I don’t foresee a time that we won’t be watching..

After all, it’s Christmas time, so eat, drink [emoji484] and be merry!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!

And a prosperous and joyous New Year!!!!

#/:0)(•)(••)

Shortfinger

Apr 7, 2015
Valley Center, CA/Yuma, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone else followed the sound of frogs to get to water? Did that in Arizona, found a nice deep pool of water that was great to drink.

Well, I didn’t ever follow the sound of frogs to water, but I did find some water thanks to frogs. I was driving up a dry wash several years ago when I came to a steep cliff area that I couldn’t drive up and over. I stopped to rest and look around. In the shade of the cliff, I noticed several small frogs. There was a very narrow crack near the bottom of the cliff (about 4’ up from the base of the cliff), and they seemed centered on that. I climbed up to the top of the cliff, and saw a very narrow slot canyon in the rock and the wash bed. At the top of the cliff it was about 6” wide, and wasn’t much more than a foot wide for about 60’ up the wash. I walked about 80 feet up the wash, and the slot canyon sort of widened out, and the floor of the canyon rose to the level of the wash. I turned around and walked down into the slot canyon. The farther I got in the canyon, the wider it became on the floor, and the narrower It got at the top. By the time I got down to the cliff face from the inside, there was a cavern about the size of a Volkswagen bus, with a pool of water deeper than I could stick my arm in. The water level was at the bottom of the crack in the cliff face, but I have no idea how much deeper it was. At that point, I couldn’t touch either wall with my outstretched arms from the center of the canyon. So, there is my frog story.

I would like to add my wishes for a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New year to all of my friends and acquaintances here on TNet. It has been a pleasure sharing stories, coffee, Kahlua, and Irish Cream (my non dairy creamer of choice, with apologies to Mackaydon) with all, and I hope it continues for many years to come.

JB

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
corozone,all that I can do is sympathize with you.but it must be painful at tines my friend. but I bet that it doesn't interfer with your grabbing a hot, fresh, Tortilla dripping with real butter

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now y'all know I never pass up a chance to raise a glass with good friends. So raise a glass of your beverage of choice, and join me in wishing everyone a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year....especially the Most Interesting Man in the World....our amigo Joseph Curry, aka, Real de Tayopa, Don Jose de la Mancha, Till Eulenspiegel , el Windmill Tilter Especiale....and the bountiful table he has laid for us here!

To Good Friends, Cheers!

3162940696_5965d39629_o-750x498.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread