FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mikel,
If not too late, I offer my suggestiion for the theme title:
"A life fully experienced' versus "A life well spent."
Don....

><><><><>>

Mackaydon, I really never saw that anyone would ever see that as an end term, until you pointed it out.

With the first post on the forum that others may be already working on, I don’t know If I can and I have not tried to do it before, so I don’t know if I could do it successfully.

Looking back, I noticed that your version sounds a little final as well.

Neither of us are intentionally making the sound that way.

I’m sure that my opening post indicates that Jose is still working on his book, and a book, well written doesn’t indicate that it is the last one to be written.

In your opening post, slip the word,
“ongoing” in reference to his posts.

A little freedom in posting our choice of content, may be helpful to all....
As long as we avoid trying to interpret or narrate the content of his posts.

If my memory is working correctly, you once said that you wanted to do shipwrecks... whatever you choose,
That one post,that we discussed would make a great opener.

I look forward to seeing your subject.
I know that you have the skills.
You can open your thread at any time with that post, and do more research, and that would preserve your subject selection for you.

Nobody else is supposed to post on your thread.

Mikel
#/;0{>~

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Mikel,
Feel free to place this post in the new thread.

Whatever is written about 'Who is Don Jose?' can best be answered in his own words written on Mar.27, 2011:

"While I may not have acquired riches or fame in the campaign, I 'have' accumulated wonderful
memories and experiences which can never be be reexperienced or bought. Memories of traveling
by myself / mule, in what was basically unexplored territory in those days. Of being on top
of lonely pine covered mesas by a small campfire listening to coyotes tell of dinners and love
found or lost, Listening to the gentle sigh of the deliciously scented clean air, which hinted of
frost by morning. Or of being deep in tropical canyons exploring ruins that probably had not
seen another human since the last survivors left centuries ago. I was able to sense a feeling of
complete freedom, a feeling which very few humans today are privileged to experience. It is
difficult to put into words."

"I had the unique opportunity to find just how much I could rely upon myself, and not others.
this was experienced in traveling in uncharted country, twice experiencing bandits, lack of food,
heat and cold, sometimes continuing to exist simply by willing my body to place one foot ahead,
then the other until I managed to reach safety, or my camp. It was a growing up period, which
while rough, I would never change."

Source: The history of Tayopa
Post 190
Don.......

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mikel,

Whatever is written about 'Who is Don Jose?' can best be answered in his own words written onMar.27, 2011:

"While I may not have acquired riches or fame in the campaign, I 'have' accumulated wonderful
memories and experiences which can never be be reexperienced or bought. Memories of traveling
by myself / mule, in what was basically unexplored territory in those days. Of being on top
of lonely pine covered mesas by a small campfire listening to coyotes tell of dinners and love
found or lost, Listening to the gentle sigh of the deliciously scented clean air, which hinted of
frost by morning. Or of being deep in tropical canyons exploring ruins that probably had not
seen another human since the last survivors left centuries ago. I was able to sense a feeling of
complete freedom, a feeling which very few humans today are privileged to experience. It is

"I had the unique opportunity to find just how much I could rely upon myself, and not others.
this was experienced in traveling in uncharted country, twice experiencing bandits, lack of food,
heat and cold, sometimes continuing to exist simply by willing my body to place one foot ahead,
then the other until I managed to reach safety, or my camp. It was a growing up period, which

Post 190
Don.......

<><><><><>

Don, That quote is yours. use it to open your thread.

I am waiting for you folks to claim your favorite subject matter, before I post any more.
I am trying to not get bogged down, until things are running smoothly.

Mikel

J.A.A.

Sep 1, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Pro Pointer
My sincerest condolences as well dear Jose. I just lost my own grandmother earlier this week and though it still hasn’t hit me yet, all I can hope for is that she’s now off in a better place, just as I also wish for your wife.

All my best to you & yours.
Justin

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mikel,

Whatever is written about 'Who is Don Jose?' can best be answered in his own words written on Mar.27, 2011:

Post 190
Don.......

<><<><>><><><><><><><><><>

Okay don, since you wish that I could post it , I set up the thread

It is in the (Everything Else Forum.
The link is

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
How not to have fun on a trip. Went over one of the "Speed Bumps" in the National forest and heard nasty noises from under the hood of my old 70 Chevy Pickup. Stopped and looked the battery had come out of the battery plate and got hit by the fan blade, cutting the side of the battery. Picked it up and continued into town to a Sears and bought a new battery. They installed the new one and I drove from Sierra Vista to my brother's in (then) Phoenix. As I pulled into the apt. parking lot I went over a small speed bump and the truck died! I coasted into a parking place and went to my brothers place for the night. The next morning I checked the battery with my DVM and it was good..... Went to Sears in Phoenix and had them check it out. "No problem found." Drove back to my brother's and as I went over the speed bump it died again! Now I'm starting to get mad. I take the DVM and check the battery posts from the side and have nothing. Do it from the top and it has voltage! Try it and it starts! Go back to Sears and tell them the battery has a broken post. They start arguing with me and I ask for the Store Manager. Do you want the Sales Manager? NO, I don't need to be lied to any more, get the Store manager or give me the phone number for Chicago. Suddenly they decided to exchange my one day old battery. From then on it worked fine until stolen at my mother's house in the driveway, 2 years later. Some times you get thrown a curve on trips. Later you can look back on it and laugh. If I had a mule instead of the truck it would have been less stress, IMO. LOL

Last edited:

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I remember a story from the 60's. A guy that would go prospecting north of Coolidge, AZ, was found dead in his car in Coolidge. When they opened the trunk of his car he had boxes of pint Mason jars filled with gold dust and some black iron particles. Hw used to say he panned the washes north of town for his money. Tried that at one of the washes and got down to the iron layer, but not to bedrock. Panned it in the back yard in the fish pond my Dad had made. No GOld for me. LOL

Unicorn

Nov 18, 2007
Birmingham
Primary Interest:
Other
Jose, my dear friend, I have just logged on to this site for the first time in ages and I read your last post. I am so deeply, deeply, sorry to hear about the sad death of your most beloved Bert. I was so shocked and saddened, and sorry that this is the first time I have replied to your post.
My sympathies reach out to you and your family. Stay strong my dear friend

'U'

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hellomy friends. Todady I am partially out of the mental fog. I thought that I was over these things having been involved in two warsn znd zrevoloutionb ut apparently no. I have been in a daze since. the first of feb. I aso found thatForthe three weeks prior I was playing with pnuemonia and an extrenely virelent case of roughcase of typhoid, Thanksopfr te me'sofcondolences.

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Don Jose, my sincerest condolences, to you Amigo.
I can only try, to understand the great gifts your lifetime
partnership, & celebrate with you the greatest love of your life.
May God Bless You, & give you & family comfort in this time of sadness...
Sincerely, :cross:

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Don Jose,
Your friends have gatheried to wish you a speedy recovery.

crowd-top-slider.jpg

Don....

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Don Jose,

Although we have never spoken, You've had my respect and admiration...I've read your posts and what an interesting and fulfilling life you've shared with your love...I'd like you to know that you are in my heart and prayers at this time. I'm sincerely sorry for your losses.

Kace

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread