Misc data and adventures of a Tayopa treasure hunter

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gentlemen, I don't think that I;ll make it this time, in case I don't it has been enjoyable in knowing you, you made a brigt spot in my life.

J.A.A.

Sep 1, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Pro Pointer
gentlemen, I don't think that I;ll make it this time, in case I don't it has been enjoyable in knowing you, you made a brigt spot in my life.

What do you mean by that DJ???
Are you personally not feeling well?

You’ve been through so much in one lifetime that most people will never go through in 10, I truly hope you’re not giving in so easily (unless there’s something more going on that I’m unaware of)!!
I know that you’ve just lost your beloved Tiger but, though I’d never been fortunate enough to meet either of you, I’m willing to bet that she’d want you to not only carry on till the end,,but do so with more strength & vigor than ever before (just an opinion).

Hang in there my friend!
You & your stories have been the bright spot in OUR lives for many years now!!

And for the record, though I may be all the way up in Michigan, if there’s anything that I can possibly do for you, please do not hesitate to let me know!!

As always, I wish you all the best-
-Justin

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Pero hombre mi General, esto si que cala. Sad to hear you giving up hope, it is up to our good Lord to decide when our time is up. Yes I too have gotten many good laughs, great education, inspiration, hope, bad coffee, and much more, but I am still praying for more good times to come. I know there is still some green under that bark, so don't just give up on us.

Homar

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
1000-images-about-hang-in-there-on-pinterest-remember-this-53314.jpg

Don Jose,'
You'll push through this as you have all your life.
Hang in there; we're all with you.
Don........

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Don Jose, you PROMISED all of us a seat at your 150th Birthday !
As everyone has said, you ARE tough and we are here with, and for you !

Last edited:

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)

It is you that made a bright spot in our lives, to speak for everyone.

I hope you are mistaken and that ornery Oirish in you refuses to give up. You still have a lot to do amigo, heck we are almost back to the starting square in some respects so don't leave us yet!

If you can not make it, know that it has been a true honor to have known you and to have been your friend. We will meet again.
Roy

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Elegantly said Oro, and we all are hoping it's just premature. :notworthy::coffee2::notworthy:

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jose, I agree with all of the previous comments, whole heartedly!

But, the Lord has been good and true to you, just as good for all of us for letting us see your world.

And I will tell you the same thing that I told my mother.

She has walked with our lord every day, so I told her that, if one day He should say that you’re closer to his home than back to her’s... Look back only to wave and keep going.

I’m pretty sure that we will all see her in the morning.

You have inspired so many, brothers and sisters here to pursue their dreams, myself included, I’m working on chapter 24 ,which will close out the book and I want to get that first one off the presses into your hands, before you choose to keep walking.

I am honored, humbled and grateful,
To be sitting in the circle around your campfire [emoji91].

Stay thirsty, my amigo.

Mikel
#/;0{>~

Shortfinger

Apr 7, 2015
Valley Center, CA/Yuma, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don Jose, I am not as eloquent as the many others who have replied to your post. If it is in fact your time, please know that you will be missed, and I'm sure you will soon be reunited with your Tigre and the dove. It has been a pleasure and an honor to know you. If it is, in fact, NOT your time (as we all hope), then we will eagerly await your return to these pages.

JB

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

Should your bride and self be by on mules or donkeys ...You are welcome to my places.
Regardless ,should gold and silver laden looking hoof tracks , or light saintly imprints of the Mrs. (not sure about yours yet...) be found when your friends are on a scout ,we'll wonder how you are and as ever wish you the best ;with our thanks for your tales of adventure and life.

Should I squeak in through the gate somehow ,I'll look for you as mentioned before... and your audience, and coffee, in the library. If you are not still prolonging your second honeymoon dance still... In which case ,maybe eventually we'll meet full well.

Ventura! Not the same named city...but a toast to you and your bride and future "fortune" of new adventures.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don Joseph

Stay with us ! Please , don't break my heart . We still have many things to say and you still have many things to see . You have not thought to stop here , your targets are more afar . You are a warrior .

Your Grick friend

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Don Jose,

If you've lost your will to live, it's your choice to make. All your friends & acquaintances can do,
is try to encourage you. You truly have been one of the most interesting Treasures, I've never
had the pleasure to meet. But remember some of the tight spots you've been in, & maybe you
really wondered if you would live through them, & possibly just narrowly escaped death then.

You've much family, & many friends that have enjoyed you tremendously. If indeed you leave
this life's consciousness & present dimension, I hope that you remember to put in a good word
for all of us, that you've entertained & tolerated, since we'll be at a great loss, & you'll be free.
Sincerely hoping you get another second wind, & that the Lord renews your strength again...
:cross:

Last edited:

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen,

that post was the result of my trying the sleepy pills, thy were nothing but super tranquilizers ond goored uyp my thinking, I apol
I do wish to thank all of you well wishers, thamk you
I will post again as soon as I am free of their effects, promis.e

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
Hey Don Jose, I've been on this forum for a long time now, and down through the years I feel I have gotten to know you better. We have shared many stories, laughs, and information. Many of your experiences are still fresh in my mind as I ponder the future. I can feel your pain, so if you need to reach out to someone on here, I'm available. I don't visit here as much as I used to, but try to visit as often as I can. You have truly inspired me to learn, investigate and establish a protocol for, not only treasure hunting, but other endeavors as well. Life sometimes kicks us when we are down and makes it hard to go on, but I know you re a strong willed person and are able to overcome obstacles other can't even imagine. Your journey is not complete. Heck, your book is not yet finished. Good Luck. rockhound

Shortfinger

Apr 7, 2015
Valley Center, CA/Yuma, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen,

that post was the result of my trying the sleepy pills, thy were nothing but super tranquilizers ond goored uyp my thinking, I apol

The sleepy pills are depressants,so that may explain the post. We are all glad to see you back. Please keep in contact, and we are all waiting to see your posts, and are all worried about you. I plan to dance at your 150th birthday. That will give me 50 some years to learn how to dance. Heck, if you can make it, so can I. After all, I'm much younger.....just a baby, as i recall you saying.

JB

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Gentlemen,

Oh ,you ain't clutching your chest and checking out? Ahh well.
Back to insulting you again then.:angel12:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
See Senor Don Jose, you are surrounded by well wishers and friends ! Obviously, you have touched their life.
Here , we will send this nurse to watch over you. nurse.gif

3f33a7c76606086352cd61a10ebdbba4--funny-humour-funny-sarcastic.jpg 1.jpg Silent P.jpg Two-drunk-leprechauns-sitting-on-mushroom.gif B4.jpg

I posted Karma on another thread awhile back and it made a few people chuckle. Hopefully, some of these will crack a smile from you as well. You are still Human correcto ? Keep posting away Senor Don Jose el superhombre .

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Don Jose:

I have a great deal to learn from you. This thread has well over 400 pages and almost half a million views in less than a decade. That is a remarkable record - telling me, for one, that others wish to learn from you, as well.

Don't I recall rumors of a book you were working on? Perhaps you did speak about it too often and not continue to write it often enough. Rest assured I would very much like to read it. Please don't follow the example of the great Clarence King!

We all must go - in good time. But your time isn't good now.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread