PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OUTSIDE OF A DOG, A BOOK IS MAN’S BEST FRIEND.
INSIDE OF A DOG, ITS TOO DARK TO READ.

GROUCHO MARX

#/80{>~

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I GUESS THAT 63 IS THE AGE THAT WE SHOULD BE ALOWED TO TRY THINGS JUST TO SEE IF WE STILL CAN.

SO I TRIED TO SEE IF I COULD (Tinkle) WITH ONE LEG UP IN THE AIR, LIKE A DOG [emoji240]

LOOKING BACK AT THE ATTEMPT, I CAN SEE WHERE I WENT WRONG.

I SHOULD HAVE WAITED TILL AFTER DARK.

#/80{>~?

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am now up to 120 lbs. - normal 158 - 160 I must have been pretty far gone when I first came ti Tucson guess that I had decided join Berta.Now that I am making a come back, I am getttimg an urge to to write again

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am now up to 120 lbs. - normal 158 - 160 I must have been pretty far gone when I first came ti Tucson guess that I had decided join Berta.Now that I am making a come back, I am getttimg an urge to to write again

If I remember correctly, it was you that told me that writing is good for the soul!

Berta will see you within the twinkling of an eye. Time exists only for us to finish what God wants us to do.

Our wishes to see you finish your book, may just be in line with what He wants you to finish.

Either way we’re all happy to see that you are feeling better!

So... Tell us another story!!

#/80{>~

Unicorn

Nov 18, 2007
Birmingham
Primary Interest:
Other
Jose. Told you, you would do it, well done my dear friend.

Oh! Mikel some of your posts do make me laugh, I bet you have got a great sense of humour.

:happysmiley::happysmiley: All of you fellars are great. Need a good laugh these days:laughing7:

Take care all of yous

'U'

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi UNI. This is the one safe place for me to make those posts, and not be afraid of those nice young men in their clean white coats, coming to take me away!!

#/80{>~

Unicorn

Nov 18, 2007
Birmingham
Primary Interest:
Other
Isn't it good Mikel to find just that one safe place where you can

be yourself....:icon_thumright:

Those men in their little white coats are ok when you get to know them....???

Take care now 'Uni'

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi Unicom, will start writing to you again, but pefer to post here . Incidentaly, if I can do it so can you.:occasion14: no smooch sign, but consider youself smooched

Last edited:

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incidentally prospect this lil deal has given me mucho respecto to your problem. You are my hero, along with Ao and the others. I salute you - all!!!

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amigo, you were being a hero before could feed myself!

And this condition, always looks different from the inside, looking out.

It is something that we would never wish for our worst enemy.

And certainly never on a good amigo.

I’m glad that you are feeling better.

#/80{>~

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Señor Don Jose, great to have you post again.........
Get well soon as our long awaited book remains a project to complete!!!!
More stories please!

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello, do you rember my telling about when we were under siege by the Indians in the crest between Sinaloa and Durango ?Want to hear it again ?

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a beautifulo spring morning at about 5ooo ft, between Sinaloa and Durango. and I was returning from the cook shack with a full tummy, we thought that my - the second - in command eating with the men would stop any complaint from the men concerning their food.
as I walked up the road to the mill that was situated at the head of the barranca, on the opposite side, I felt wonderful and stopped ever so often to pick a piece of a plant that was flavoried like licorich, when I was caught up by a man running after me.
"que paso"? Jefe you must come down to the office - to the building that temprilary served as an office and storage area, that was where Bert, my wife had her office. when I arrived it as full of men miiling around. I went towards Berts desk,when I saw Bert do a remarkable thing, the men had our forman pushed in front of them with one holding a pistol to the head of the foreman She looked up and with a forefinger pushed the pistol away from hie head exclaiming " that isn't very nice" The men were so astounded that woman had done that ,defused a situation that could have easily turned ugly that they sod there with their mouths open .which allowed me to get next to Berts desk- where I commanded their attention.
I asked what is your proble

27751717_10216434886648071_5802439965570351430_n.jpg My Bert at the time.

Next tomorrow

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a beautifulo spring morning at about 5ooo ft, between Sinaloa and Durango. and I was returning from the cook shack with a full tummy, we thought that my - the second - in command eating with the men would stop any complaint from the men concerning their food.
as I walked up the road to the mill that was situated at the head of the barranca, on the opposite side, I felt wonderful and stopped ever so often to pick a piece of a plant that was flavoried like licorich, when I was caught up by a man running after me.
"que paso"? Jefe you must come down to the office - to the building that temprilary served as an office and storage area, that was where Bert, my wife had her office. when I arrived it as full of men miiling around. I went towards Berts desk,when I saw Bert do a remarkable thing, the men had our forman pushed in front of them with one holding a pistol to the head of the foreman She looked up and with a forefinger pushed the pistol away from hie head exclaiming " that isn't very nice" The men were so astounded that woman had done that ,defused a situation that could have easily turned ugly that they sod there with their mouths open .which allowed me to get next to Berts desk- where I commanded their attention.
I asked what is your proble

View attachment 1603297 My Bert at the time.

Next tomorrow

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they replied,he cheated us, and according to our cade he is to be killed. " well now you know we can't permit that, give me the details and I will check"this seemed to have an effect since they released the foreman, I felt that they were giving up on their plan to execute him, but all that ey that they were doing was sending word to another indian further back in the sierras. They promised a fee which to be cash and one of the foremans young twins. When I found out about this, I realized that they were serious, and radioed down to Culican for a state policeman or to fg give me a permit for arms. They promtlyl' radioed back that was out of their jurisdiction,and besides only the military could give me a permit.
I next radioed Durango, with the same answer. I realized the I was alone, so radioed the situation down to Culican n to the co office, they wanted to fly us out, but I told them not just yet, but shortly a plans arrived with Gunther, the mine boss, ,a german who been part of the Hitleh youth movement. I fillrf him in what was happening,and we took an inventory of what we has for defense. we quickly found we had nothing except boxes of torves, a blasting agent.

Last edited:

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
they replied,he cheated us, and according to our cade he is to be killed. " well now you know we can't permit that, give me the details and I will check"this seemed to have an effect since they released the foreman, I felt that they were giving up on their plan to execute him, but all that ey that they were doing was sending word to another indian further back in the sierras. They promised a fee which to be cash and one of the foremans young twins. When I found out about this, I realized that they were serious, and radioed down to Culican for a state policeman or to fg give me a permit for arms. They promtlyl' radioed back that was out of their jurisdiction,and besides only the military could give me a permit.
I next radioed Durango, with the same answer. I realized the I was alone, so radioed the situation down to Culican n to the co office, they wanted to fly us out, but I told them not just yet, but shortly a plans arrived with Gunther, the mine boss, ,a german who been part of the Hitleh youth movement. I fillrf him in what was happening,and we took an inventory of what we has for defense. we quickly found we had nothing except boxes of torves, a blasting agent.

GREAT posts amigo please do continue!

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2: :coffee2:

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well since Torvex is used like Dynamite, we decided to use them a sort of hand grenade by simply adjusting the fuze.. o I t in front of the office cutting various lengths of fuse and appearing to be carefully timing them. I noticed several of them watching very carefully, so I hammed it up for their benefit. After I was finished I commenced to apparently tie two sticks together with various length or cord, showing a simple way to eliminate their picking up one stick and throwing it back to us, this was prevented by having the other stick at the end , both fuses were set to the same length so as to burn out at the same time . I then decide to eliminate any doubt of what i was up too, and used actual sticks of Torvex., they went off with a satisfying blast, for me anyway. they bought it , and the talk and gestures stepped up, apparently they then decided to wait for the killer Indian, A day later he showed up, I could hear raised voices, then he left, apparently he was so disgusted that he left without one of the twins.I heard later that they both were married, so I had saved them from a fate worse than death, heatf. The next day they acted as if nothing had happened, and it hadn't, we needed to make up for lost time, we needed them.

sequal, the next day I figured it was safe and the foremen and I were drinking coffee in the patio when a high powered bullet went between, if nothing to wars had taught me this, I waved in the direction of the shooter to acknowledge him, and suggested tat we go back inside. I don't think he knew.

The next day the men showed for work as if nothing had haoppened, and it hadn't. We needed them to make up for lost work.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread