Misc data and adventures of a Tayopa treasure hunter

South Sea mariner

Nov 5, 2016
At sea my ship
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola shortfinger

Pictured here is one of the passenger ships Aconcagua from the 1930s grandfathers ship he was one 7 sons all was mariners. No TV back in those days and good catholic families :-)

View attachment 1653948

In 1943 the united states requisition our three passengers ships as troop ships for the war effort. All ships survived the war but by the time we got them back liner passenger travel was dead. the new kid on the block air travel killed the passenger trade. The company d emerged and by the time in early 50's dad was focused in the cargo trade.

Today our company is a company within a company as it has evolved into much bigger enterprise a merger of several companies. Our company still has an office within the original building but now part of much bigger conglomerate.

View attachment 1653957

You can say it was effort to keep traditional links with the past of re mergers partnerships under an umbrella of a group of companies.

I fear my children will not be the last following in footsteps of 200 year connection to shipping industry.

Mal

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
All I can do is echo the words everyone here has said, and said so elegantly. It seems Mal has stirred Don Jose from hibernation as this thread has not been so active in a long time. Good to see you are making a comeback Don Jose as you have a lot of unfinished work. If you need some help, just ask. :notworthy: :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2:

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Mi Amigo Mikel,

My hats off to you, beautiful craftsmanship. It reminded me of the stairway of the Loreto Chapel in Santa Fe.

Homar

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all for the great stories. Nice to see our beloved Señor Don Jose post again and mucho gracias a South Sea Mariner, Mal for posting.
Hope someday soon to visit Chile, I've heard many nice things about it.
Vaya con Dios

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
South Seas mariner,
You mentioned 'stampede'. Years ago I was at a Neil Diamond concert at the Hollywood Bowl. After the event, as we were all racing to get out, thoughout the crowd you could hear "Mooooo" as in a stampeding group of cows. Thanks for another memory.
Don....

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don, that post is “Moosic” to my ears!
I feel at home, with so many others that need that little spark [emoji298]️ to remind us of something that is hidden in the fog.

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Mi Amigo Mikel,

My hats off to you, beautiful craftsmanship. It reminded me of the stairway of the Loreto Chapel in Santa Fe.

Homar

Homar, I cannot take the credit for gaining the knowledge of how to make things.
It is God given.

I could only find it and put it to work.

Happy Thanksgiving, amigo.

TO ALL OF MY FRIENDS AND TNT FAMILY.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING 🦃 !

#/;0{>~

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanksgiving, it is a good time to reflect on the good in our lives, friends, family.......too often we focus on what we don't have or negative stuff.......
Time to be grateful for what we have.
It's cold up here in the NE, 0f or -18c in Watertown, NY this morning.......
A belated Happy Thanksgiving to all the TN family here......
Vaya con Dios

South Sea mariner

Nov 5, 2016
At sea my ship
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola amigos

Enjoy your special holiday. May you and your families have a most wonderful day.

My ship is being loaded and we sail on the tide Monday morning. So I too have sort of thanks giving today as its the last day with my family for about 6 weeks.

adios Amigos

Mal

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I, for one, look forward to your return.

You leave us with many things to study [emoji433] while you are away.

Hopefully we will understand a little more about the world that you live in.

Fair winds and following seas.

#/;0{>~

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Hola amigos

Enjoy your special holiday. May you and your families have a most wonderful day.

My ship is being loaded and we sail on the tide Monday morning. So I too have sort of thanks giving today as its the last day with my family for about 6 weeks.

adios Amigos

Mal

Vaya con dios compadre, have a safe and happy voyage. We look forward to your return.

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok for thoe that asked, I was issued a case hardened spring field RIFLE 30 cal. ser #123, they must have robbed a museum.Equip ment was scarce, they issued me a collins bowie knifeThey also issued me a colt revolver in 45 auto calibreAllo my britland love. Are you receiving my em-s luv ?

Last edited:

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well so far they are correct, and it was in existance some 16,000 years ago, at the end of the ice age when Planet X made a nearby pass and it,s attraction was powerfull enough to change the earth,s rotation and it,s polar axis. This caused the end of the ice age. but we beat them, but we will never receive credit for it. But they still don,t know that it was situated on the rin of a giganted volcano, only WE know that - so far. also iy was located at the center of three plate junction, avery prone aria of intense activity - it was subducted

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I may have been wrong in an earlier post ya'll...My version of Tayopa may have been located in Nueva Galicia...lol...JK...It is where it is...

The beer is kicking in...hahaha

Food for thought... https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6c/Alchemical-symbols-1775.jpg and what does this have to do with anything???rofl

Good luck in ya'lls search for knowledge...#123 and a 45...lmao...And what of the 43???Some people have quite the imagination...I believe I have an over active imagination...And no investors...hehehe

Ed T :)

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread