Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
Like Tree177Likes

Thread: Misc data and adventures of a Tayopa treasure hunter

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    The Pool Table Is My Yard

Jul 2008
    WV
    Fisher F2
    23 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp View Post
    Flying or Border Patrol stories ok??

Don jose de La Mancha
    Hi Don Jose!

Your Adventures, Are just mere boyhood dreams to Me/Us! Most will Agree. Anything you write is a Treasure! So please don't feel like you have to ask what to tell.. I/We are like kiddies, You, and your Stories are the Candy store my Friend... So Write Away!

Theres A Place For All Creatures..Right Next To The Taters And Gravy..

2. # ADS
    Ads

TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

us
    Feb 2008
    Morgantown,WV
    Bounty Hunter Landstar
    773 times
    What Poorhunter said x2 . What you fail to share with us will leave all of us poorer for never having heard your adventures . What you share with us could help keep some of us alive .

It is not just sharing stories . It is lessons in life for the less initiated .

>Sitting in the shadows of the fire as Doughboys , China Marines , and War2 vets talked and LISTENING(!) has gone a long way in keeping me alive to this point .
    >Give us the benefit of your experience . Please !
    Wolfpack forever

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    857 times
    Hola gentlemen: I thank you in that you seem to think that my misc stories are worth reading, gracias, but I need to again remind you that I cannot post hand to gland / fang stories daily.

Sheesh while my life so far hasn't been that active, one can hope.

Conditions in Mexico are deteriorating, they are now finding bodies of executed people in my bro. in law's cerco, fields. Latest one had been shot in the head.

Just think, Mexico has effectively out lawed firearms, and disarmed her law abiding civilian population, so naturally violent crime is going down ??

The days when all I would meet was perhaps 3 or4 bandidos in a small gang are gone, now it is most likely a band of 12 - 40 narcos with auto weapons.

It all has a distinct bearing on a wierd dream that I had on Guadalcanl in 43, everything is playing out exactly as it was dreamed, curious.

Don Jose de La Mancha
    "I exist to live, not live to exist"

Charter Member
    us
    May 2010
    texas
    213 times
    Hell O Don Jose,

Those auto weapons are the Mulato specials from operation fast and furious. I know they make your pistola look like it was made in China.

I hope your dream had a good ending, or are the stories about to get better? Cuida el pellejo, it will be a very long time before things are back to normal in old Mexico. It would please us more to know that you are safe, than to see the riches of the Tayopa.

Homar

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    857 times
    Good morning Ladies & Gentlemen: I was notified that a memberof our club has passed away.We did have a very short bit of correspondence some years ago, he was very gracias.

Another Explorers Club Member and legend, Neil Armstrong MED’76, has moved on to ultimate exploration stardom, passing away Saturday, Aug. 25th, from complications of heart surgery. Armstrong, 82, was the modern embodiment - the actual realization, if you will - of the hoary myths, millennia-old, of the "Man on the Moon."
    Fellow Explorer James M. Clash FR’99, a long-time friend of Armstrong’s, wrote a memorial piece for Bloomberg BusinessWeek Sunday. It can be found here: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-08-26/memories-of-neil-armstrong-shy-hero-american-patriot.html
    As first to walk on the lunar surface, he joined his fellow Club Members to realize the biggest dreams of our species—Sir Edmund Hillary (first to climb the world’s highest mountain, Everest); Robert Peary (first to reach the North Pole); Roald Amundsen (first to reach the South Pole); Don Walsh (first to dive to the deepest point in the oceans); and John Glenn (first American to orbit the earth).
    Armstrong, an Explorers Club member since 1976, also received our highest award, The Explorers Medal, for reaching the farthest point man has ever explored. Along with fellow EC Member astronauts Buzz Aldrin MED’76 and Michael Collins MED’76, he was awarded an Explorers Club Flag to carry aboard the Apollo 11 capsule. That flag, which flew to the moon, has since been retired permanently and can be viewed at our historic Lowell Thomas Clubhouse in New York.
    Armstrong’s "giant leap for mankind" is an apex in the history of world exploration. His memory will be treasured by all Members of his beloved Explorers Club, which he last visited just this past spring for a Lindbergh Foundation event.
    R.I.P. Mr. Armstrong. The world is a lesser place without you.

Don Jose de La Mancha
    Last edited by Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp; Aug 27, 2012 at 04:26 PM.

us
    Mar 2011
    N/W ARKANSAS
    FISHER
    25 times
    IT'S A SAD AND WONDERFUL THING TO BE REMEMBERED FOR ONE'S ACCOMPLISHMENTS.
    THAT WAS A BEAUTIFUL TRIBUTE TO A GREAT MAN.
    THANK YOU, DON JOSE.

GOD BLESS.
    MIKEL
    Last edited by PROSPECTORMIKEL; Sep 29, 2012 at 08:51 PM. Reason: TYPO
    releventchair likes this.
    ....JESUS IS LORD.
    ...................THE BIBLE IS GOD'S WORD.
    .................................. HEAVEN IS MY REAL HOME.

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    857 times
    Hi my friends. I commenced to watch movies online, particularly western ones, even the corny Italian ones. However, two did bring me up short, they were "The Bravados" with Gregory Peck, also 'Garden of evil ' with Gary Cooper.

Incidentally that trail on the cliff still exists, but it has not collapsed in the center section as in the movie..It was the original trail down to La Reforma mine. I tried to get it but lost in the sorteo. They did lose pack animals and people on that trail though.

The filming is perfect and the scenery is superb. They travel over much of the ground that I did in the 50's. I could easily feel myself riding my mule back then again. The country became real. Those deep, distant barrancas were the ones where I explored in the initial phases of Lost Jesuit mine hunting.

I often spent weeks alone without meeting another human, and in those hidden barancas is where I had a few encounters with bandidos.

There are flocks of huge wild turkeys in the hundreds in the distant mesas and barrancas, Deer also. So it was only of a matter of a shot or so every week with my pistol to have plenty of camp meat..

The high falls that Gregoy Peck rides past is La Basaseachi, now a popular tourist mecca with Swiss Chalet type hotels etc. A highway now crosses the Sierras from Hermosillo to Chihuahua city, with modern gasoline stations every so often, and motels, sigh.

I first heard of the Basaseachi falls from an old Chinapa Indian. So I took off north from Chinapas, up the Chinapas river barrancas, then crossed over to the north west to the Mayo drainage and continued to the falls. It took me days to reach them, I had to make my own trail at times. I camped down below the falls for another three days, ate some trout, then returned to Chinapas. Now it is only a matter of a few hours in an air-conditioned car sigh.

Yes, this picture brought back many memories. I miss that country as it was, sigh, Nights where one could lie on his blanket, drink his hot coffee, listen to the coyotes sing their lonely songs of lost love and dinners earned, sniff the fresh, deliciously scented Pine air, which hinted of frost by morning, roll over and it 'was' morning. sigh.

So if you have access to movies on line, I strongly suggest watching 'Los Bravados' with Gregory Peck. and Gardenof Evil with Gary Coopper.if you don't have a movie channel, try searching for 'free online movies' which require no information from you, and join me for nostalgic riding. sigh.

Don Jose de La Mancha

us
    Feb 2006
    New Hampshire - USA
    Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
    339 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Thanks for the recommendations RDT - I'll definitely look them up! You've got some great memories to look back on! Places like you describe are fewer and fewer every day!
    "There is no getting away from a treasure that once fastens upon your mind" - Joseph Conrad (Nostromo)

us
    Feb 2008
    Morgantown,WV
    Bounty Hunter Landstar
    773 times
    C'mon ,now ; RDT asked for adventure stories to be shared with all for the education and amusement of all . He said they didn't have to be in pursuit of treasure . Surly you guys aren't going to hide your earned wisdom from all and let this thread expire because what you did wasn't in pursuit of treasure . The fact that you are able to post here is proof that you managed to save one treasure for a number of years .
    Wolfpack forever

us
    Apr 2005
    48 times
    A good friend of mine told me about going to his uncles cabin one day. It seems his uncle was getting up in years and wanted to leve his cabin and all his posessions to his nephew. Word had gotten to him and on a saturday, he went to see his uncle, whom he hadn't seen in several years. It was a good many miles from where he lived, so he decided to make a day of it and stop and hunt along the way. After he arrived at his uncles cabin, his uncle came to the door and invited him in. He was told to have a seat and there was an old rocking chair beside the fireplace, so he sat down. After a couple of moments two large fully grown bobcats came into the room and one ran and jumped into his lap. He claimed he almost had a heart attack. His uncle shooed them away and told how he had found them abandonded when they were very young and had raised them. He wanted my friend to take one or both of them home with him because he could not hardly care for them anymore. He reluctantly took one and being that he lived in a high end neighborhood, he was afraid to let it out, but after a while he did let it out into his yard. He claimed it seemed to know where the boundaries of his yard were and wouldn't allow any animals come into his yard. He said it was the best watchdog he had ever had, but he neighbors complained and were afraid of it so he was forced to get rid of it. He took it out into the wild and let it go. When his uncle passed away he went to the cabin to get the other one but it was no where in sight. He thinks it may have gone back into the wild on its own. Good Luck. rockhound
    Last edited by rockhound; Nov 23, 2012 at 06:22 PM.

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    857 times
    Loved it Rock, imagine a full grown Bobkitty on your lap purring heheeh *****

Don Jose

us
    Feb 2008
    Morgantown,WV
    Bounty Hunter Landstar
    773 times
    My lifelong buddy Brock and I had become engaged in a nefarious enterprise that started doing well enough that the established criminal element in the county began to take notice and wanted a cut . We didn't agree with that idea . Word went out that we were on the center dot of a bulls eye .
    >
    > 2 guys showed up at our local seedy bar hangout and wanted to have a 'talk' with us in a back booth . I slid in opposite a 300 lb pro muscle man . Brock was facing a twisty wannabe with no class.
    >
    >The pro and I were leading the conversation that was steadily going down hill .I had just pulled a smoke from a Marlboro box and lit up when 'Twisty' made the dumb move and tried to drag iron . Brock put a stop to that by wasting a half water glass of raw whiskey in his eyes and beaning him with the big glass ash tray from the table .
    >>>>>Everything is happening all at once !
    >Big Mean Guy has to back 'Twisty's dumb move and reaches for iron ! My 5 shot North American Arms .22 dropped out of the Marlboro box into my hand and I planted a .22 long rifle solid in the center of his forehead . Bar emptied as Brock and I unassed the booth . We drug the bodies from the booth and recovered their weapons . We're standing there trying to decide what we are going to do about the guy I just shot when he sits up! That .22 solid had knocked him colder than a wedge on impact and then rimmed his skull to exit behind his ear instead of boring into his brain like I had intended .
    >The heavy folks left us alone after that to peddle our whiskey as we wanted .
    >The bar owner did ban us from his bar .
    Wolfpack forever

us
    Sep 2007
    45 times
    Many interesting stories.

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    857 times
    Sam you were warned about those moonsining hill bilies, they have no class like true narcos and treasure hunters have. Don't even know how to shoot a guy. Psst, one can kill a huge piggy or a cow, with a .22 short, using a head shot, but those moon shiner's heads

Sam, for an early Christmas card with class, go to --> Merry_Christmas--from_the_2nd_Amendment.wmv

Don Jose de La Mancha

us
    Feb 2008
    Morgantown,WV
    Bounty Hunter Landstar
    773 times
    Those two were Mediteranian Irish leg breakers and killers . They didn't have enough class to be moonshiners .
    Wolfpack forever

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    857 times
    Yeah?? snicker

Inicdentally I hope that you wern't the joker that tried to kidnap, rape, and possibly kill that pore innocent, defenseless girl in the video? -->

Merry_Christmas--from_the_2nd_Amendment.wmv

Don Jose de La Mancha

us
    Feb 2008
    Morgantown,WV
    Bounty Hunter Landstar
    773 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp View Post
    Yeah?? snicker

Inicdentally I hope that you wern't the joker that tried to kidnap, rape, and possibly kill that pore innocent, defenseless girl in the video? -->

Merry_Christmas--from_the_2nd_Amendment.wmv

Don Jose de La Mancha
    Certainly , my friend , you speak in jest I have been many things in my life , both good and bad . NEVER have I gained the favors of a lady that weren't politely asked for and willingly given . I cringe to think that you , of all people , might think less of me
    Wolfpack forever

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    857 times
    Truckin, DID you ''watch' that video? as for you ya *^^%$#$ yer almost as bad as I am. heheheh

Go here --> Merry_Christmas--from_the_2nd_Amendment.wmv <-- Watch it and give me your opinion

Jose
    truckinbutch likes this.

us
    Feb 2008
    Morgantown,WV
    Bounty Hunter Landstar
    773 times
    HeHe! I think I just met my next wife . A whiner she is not
    Wolfpack forever

mx
    Nov 2004