Misc data and adventures of a Tayopa treasure hunter

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don Jose I cam imagine the doldrums you have been in after the death of your better half?

But doldrums do not last for my friend and fair winds will fill your sails and lift your spirits once more my friend. because all we are dust in wind in this world and our turn, when ever that may be will come.

Until then my friends ride the winds as free as bird, even if only in spirit.

Kanacki

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kanaci. I was inducted because I crossed the 180 th and the equator at the same time. there was no time going west, we had a date at Guadalcanal but coming back was a different story, so the capt delibertaly aranged for both to say thanks to his guests of the Canal, we had an abreviated ceramony, I remember we had to kiss the fattest belly of the ships crew well adorned inall of it's naked view and covered with lard.

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kanaci. I was inducted because I crossed the 180 th and the equator at the same time. there was no time going west, we had a date at Guadalcanal but coming back was a different story, so the capt delibertaly aranged for both to say thanks to his guests of the Canal, we had an abreviated ceramony, I remember we had to kiss the fattest belly of the ships crew well adorned inall of it's naked view and covered with lard.

So my friend I should be referring to you as Don "golden Shell back" Jose?

Kanacki

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well my friends another squall has passed through.

Grab a coffee and pull up your favorite chair and get comfy. I shall continue. Our search for the person who we thought was in Auckland turned out a dead lead. However we did find out the person of interest was in Wellington. So in short we upped anchor and sailed down to Wellington. The drumbeat cruised down the coast to Wellington past the smoldering volcano of white island . Sailing into eastern part of Cook strait notoriously known to be windy and choppy we rounded the headland and sailed into the caldera that wellington harbor. With usual communication we was assigned a berth by the harbormaster.

In short Wellington the Capital of New Zealand first settled in 1839 sits inside the exploded remains of an extinct volcano that left a gigantic caldera as you can see yourself below.

Wellington-Harbour_11460_1.jpg

It is the southernmost capital city in world. However no doubt Crow and crew would be dining in those bars on iniquity before long. but not before we finalize permission to sail down to the sub antarctic islands.

Of course in meeting with the official with our insurances and all relevant paperwork. The official me told two vessel are already down there. But gave no permission for us to dive for shipwrecks. I stated our trip was sailing experience more than any salvage operation and pointed out who would use a sailing ship for salvage work anyway? Regardless the official gave permission to land on two island but follow the conservation rules as they are conservation areas. After signing all the paper work he said bluntly you guys are mad?

I could not see Crow's face but I know he was grinning like Cheshire cat with I told you so look on his face?

Regardless. We had a purpose and my friends I have another yarn to tell about a lost gold ship. However for now Crow and I and the rest of the crew celebrated in sampling the delights of Wellington my friends.

Coffee?

To be continued...

Kanacki

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Again my friends grab a brew and I will continued the yarn.

One of most traumatic shipwrecks in history for many outside of antipodes is little known. But my friends this story is one greatest stories of survival in history.

General Grant was a 1,005-ton three-masted barque built in Maine in the United States in 1864 and registered in Boston, Massachusetts. She was named after Ulysses S. Grant and owned by Messers Boyes, Richardson & Co. She had a timber hull with a length of 179.5 ft, beam of 34.5 ft and depth of 21.5 ft. Unbeknownst to the captain the maps of Auckland islands position was actually out by 35 miles. To compound the problem the ship could not dead reckoning due fog and was unable know exactly where they are? only a rough estimated until the next clear sky. It proved to be a fatal mistake my friends.

GeneralGrant.jpg

While on her way from Melbourne to London, General Grant crashed into a cliff on the west coast of main island of the Auckland Islands of New Zealand, and subsequently sank as a result. Sixty-eight people drowned and only 15 people survived.

Most dramatic and horrifying on what actually happened in annals of maritime is disasters. in huge seas at night the huge winds and waves pushed the general grant into a gigantic sea cave on the treacherous west coast of the island. With no place to land trapped in cave crashing wave knocking huge boulders off the ceiling of cave which the general Grant smashed to pieces among screams of people drowning.

may-14-1866-general-grant.jpg

Some how 15 survived was a miracle in itself my friends.

133_dangerisles_column-1300x874.jpg

The castaways were left with little more than the clothes they stood up in. Faced with endless rain and bitter, cold winds, their ability to make a fire would be crucial to their survival. An account of the wreck describes how a survivor watched in dismay as five of their six matches were squandered:

David Ainsworth one of survivors commented below.

David_Ashworth,_survivor_of_the_shipwrecked_GENERAL_GRANT_(7792001242).jpg

This was the most critical moment of our lives. If the last match failed, starvation and perhaps cannibalism were to be our lot.’ One of the men dried the last match against his body. ‘I saw his hands tremble as he looked for a dry stone on which to strike the remaining match. He struck it with trembling fingers and the flame caught the dry grass. We all uttered, “Thanks be to God”: it was the most fervent prayer I ever said.’ The fire, once lit, was never allowed to expire.

hero7569.jpg

To survive the castaways grew potatoes and caught wild pigs using iron hooks. They also domesticated pigs and goats.

After nine months, four of the crew set out in a small boat for Bluff, more than 500 km away. They were never seen again.

Another survivor, David McLelland, died of illness before the ten surviving castaways moved to nearby Enderby Island. They were finally rescued by the whaling brig Amherst in November 1867 after having survived 18 months on the subantarctic islands.

Dibujo de lso sobrevivientes que salió el periódico Otago Witness (1).jpg

The survivors 9 men and one women's condition was very deplorable as they had lost everything. In the annals of the sea their story of survival was an epic one.

But there is more to this yarn my friends coffee?

Kanacki

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once again I will continue the yarn. I hope you are all comfortable?

Before this terrible horrific disaster occurred, Captain Laughlin had secured a cargo and some passengers re-engaged a full crew and left Melbourne on 3rd May 1866, onward-bound for London via Cape Horn with 83 souls on board, including a number of women and children.

The wife of Chief Officer Bartholomew Brown was signed on as a member of the crew and did at times, act as a stewardess to the women passengers. Another passenger who had paid her fare was also signed on as a member of the crew was Mary Anne Jewell, wife of Able Seaman Joseph Jewell and this arrangement was to allow the married couple to associate together. Surprising they both Anne and Joseph survived as you can see in the picture below.

img_0138-1.jpg

There were 15 people in cabin class, including Mrs. Oat and her four children, one of them a babe in arms. In the second class or steerage accommodation, there were 41 people including 11 children two babies and four women. The crew comprised American officers, English, Scots American and Irish seamen and with the captain, they numbered 27.

In the steerage accommodation was a seaman turned gold miner named James Teer who was carrying, in a specially made body belt, 300 golden guineas, the result of his endeavors in the Australian goldfields. He was not the only one to be carrying his personal wealth with him, many of the passengers were gold miners who had no trust in banks and were carrying fortunes in gold dust, nuggets, coins or bars. Gold also made up a small portion of the cargo of the General Grant.

Most enticing of all my friends there were 2576 ounces and six pennyweights (around 70 kilograms) of gold bars in Captain Laughlin’s safekeeping. Also on the manifest was 30 tons of spelter, a cheap yellow metal used to make decorative items. That metal was to cause considerable speculation in the years to come as to whether it was really gold ore or even gold bars. However for me I think more wishful thinking than reality? The remainder of the cargo was 2,000 bales of wool, hides hardwood, other timber, and assorted general cargo.

After the loss of general grant and terrible suffering the survivors went through until their rescue. They was left destitute. local people raised some money by charitable donations. The survivors was so poor they did not even have clothes other than the seal skins they had sown themselves as caster ways.

To understand this my friends of their plight you would begin to understand why one of men would return after from being rescues to search for the ship and the gold?

There was much speculation about the gold in the wreck and it wasn’t long before an expedition was organized to return to the Auckland Islands, with the intention of recovering the treasure and James Teer was to be the guide. The party set out for the Auckland’s aboard the steam tug Southland, however, rough seas and high winds prevented them from putting their diver into the water and, with fuel running low, they returned to NZ empty-handed.

At that stage, Teer gave up the treasure hunt to live a reclusive life on the west coast of NZ’s South Island, but his place as the guide was taken up by one of the surviving passengers. David Ainsworth, joined Captain Wallace and the seven-man crew, including a diver, of the topsail schooner Daphne and once at the island it was decided to anchor the Daphne and load their whaleboat with provisions and set off, with six men to try to locate the cave, but somewhere along their path, tragedy overtook them and they were never seen again.

Five weeks later the three men left behind realized their fellow crewmen were not coming back, the General Grant had claimed six more victims and the gold was as elusive as ever. The Daphne’s cook took command and managed to get the vessel back to New Zealand safely.

Once again the hungry cave of death claimed more victims.

However it dis not stop others from trying.....

50 years had passed before an expedition managed to get a diver into the cave. Percy Catling, an Englishman, dived in the cave but all he found were rocks with pieces of wood sticking out from under them, leading to the belief that over the years the cave roof had fallen and buried the wreck.

Yet the lure of gold is strong my friends?

50 more years were to pass before, in 1975, a well-organized expedition, led by an ex-RN diver, Commander John Gratton and including experienced NZ commercial wreck divers, Kelly Tarlton and Malcolm Blair set out to finally locate the wreck and the elusive gold aboard the research vessel Acheron. During that first year they were disappointed to find how many caves, there were large enough to swallow a 1,000-ton ship, but eventually, they discovered a wreck in a cave which was covered in rocks but looked very promising. Unfortunately, they had no lifting gear to move the rocks, so were obliged to leave the wreck, and the elusive gold, undisturbed.

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.jpg

To compounds the problems my friends there is many caves that was big enough to swallow a sailing ship on the west coast of the island but which one?

In 1986 Malcolm Blair and his business partner Bill Day, now in possession of their own diving company and a suitable dive vessel, the catamaran Little Mermaid, decided to continue the search for that elusive gold and looked around for like-minded treasure seekers.

img_0111-e1517600986483.jpg

The new dive team worked hard for two weeks, sucking out sand to expose the wreck, only to find the hull was made of iron, not wood and turned out to be the French barque Anjou, lost in thick fog in 1905. They were then obliged to swim the length of the west coast searching for another cave and another wreck. The weather was good and the visibility underwater was an incredible 30 meters. Eventually, they located a cave, which they christened ‘the cave of death’, that fitted the description, left by James Teer and which on inspection contained pieces of wreck. Encouragingly they found some coins of the right date, and other ships artifacts, at last, they were really on to the wreck of the General Grant and her elusive fabled treasure?

The divers felt that at last, they were close to being rewarded for all their hard work and capital outlay but they were wrong, fate was about to step in once again and kick them in the teeth. On the 16 February 1986, hundreds of miles north in the Marlborough Sounds the Russian cruise liner Mikhail Lermontov struck a rock, started taking on water and was in danger of foundering. Later that night the order was given to abandon ship and a call went out for assistance. The Little Mermaid, one of the very few salvage vessels in New Zealand, was obliged to immediately leave the Auckland’s in response to the SOS to assist in the rescue, however, by the time they arrived the Mikhail Lermontov had sunk with the loss of one Russian crewman.

However the Little Mermaid divers spent months doing salvage work and pumping out oil from the liner and by the time their tasks were completed, the weather window for that year had closed and the gold remained as elusive as ever.

After their hectic salvage work on the Mikhail Lermontov that group of divers lives, moved on, and some of them never returned to the Auckland Island, although a few stalwarts did, aboard the refitted and renamed Little Mermaid, now appropriately called Seawatch. In 1995 Bill Day and a group of 15 keen treasure divers returned to search for the gold. It was an ambitious, privately funded and properly equipped expedition and the plan intended them to stay on-site for ten weeks.

With the experience they had gained from previous trips they were able to lift rocks as heavy as 25 tons and move them out of the cave. Although they found many interesting articles, including gold and silver coins, they did not locate the elusive gold.

However, Bill Day, the youngest member, was not prepared to give up and in 1999 he returned to the site aboard the Sea Surveyor with a team of 11 divers, but of the 26 days at the Auckland Islands, the weather only permitted them to dive for three days and the gold remained elusive.

In 2000 Bill returned once again to the Islands aboard the Russian icebreaker Spirit of Enderby accompanied by his family and a number of friends in what was more of a ‘jolly’ than a serious diving expedition. There were divers onboard and they set out in the ship’s boats to dive two sites, Bill had designated, but that elusive gold eluded them yet again.

Throughout the history of the General Grant wreck, there have been so many other expeditions,about 28 at least all in effect a failure. The coins found by Bill Day turned out to far two early for the General Grant in fact evidence another shipwreck in the cave. Research point out a ship that went missing from the 1830's called the "Rifleman" Disappeared without trace. The artifacts found point out to wreck of the 1830's? Here is picture of bill day with some 1830 coins found in the cave below.

bill daqy rifleman.jpg

But questions remains my friends was it the right sea cave they searched?

Coffee?

Kanacki

Last edited:

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I entered The Border Patrol service in about 1952, was in class 52, I have posted a picture here. The BP had a job carried over from the days of prohibition, illegal booze, although it's main job was people. The BP of then was a far cry from todays emasculated men.are. We faced with the do gooders also, We were ruled by cfr, federal law code books,for title 8. We also had our choice of personal fire arms, mine beimg the .357 magnum in the S&W Hiway patrol mode with Kieth long range front, since, since often times we engaged at long distance. I practised every day getting checked out with what I consideres a tool of the trade. I got quit good, i could count on an almost a sure hit to 400 meters. I beat the Mexican pistol champion in an informal match.later. Simultaneously I practised the quick draw, shades of the old west, I got good enough that you could have me covered with my hands in the air, I would drop and fire within app. 3/5 of a second, and if you did get off a shot, I would not in your line of fire. I expended about 90,000 rounds the first year. I carried that .357 where ever I was allowed. so now you have a summary of my ability/training for explorations. But ability does not. cover stupidiy, and I was quite capable of that for the first year as the following story shows, rest follows tomorrow---

Last edited:

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello embrym

Thank you for the link.

I love these stories always stimulates the imagine of fortune and glory my friend.

Then the hard nose business man kicks in. To develop a modern mine under current standards is a long and complex process even in mexico mines have to meet minimum standards.

The group in the video is looking for an individual, adventurer? I would suggest they look for a prospecting mining company that specializing in research and development of mineral resources. If they are serious they need to get a mineral exploration lease for the site. Otherwise who needs them? They have no legal ownership of the minerals.

For any chance of making them a deal with an exploration mining company they have to have a Mining exploration lease. What the exploration mining company would do is research the history of site and do geo technical survey of the site. by drilling core sames over the mining exploration lease.

Before any large miner with money and resources to develop the mine would bother to look at any site. They would was to see geological evidence to back up the claims, Holder of mining exploration lease.

What usually happens in modern mining is for example a prospector might have discovered a potential site, then gets the mineral exploration lease like Don Jose showed us. Then he either sells out or partners up with a small mining exploration company that does the groundwork on doing drilling geo technical research of the site. If they find some very promising as they have only a money to fund exploration ?

They do a deal with bigger mining company. Depending on quality of the ore body and size the percentage varies. Usually the lion share goes to the big mining company that has the capacity and resources to develop and mine the site in question.

Even so Exploration mining companies come ago. I know as over 25 years or so I worked for them.

Kanacki

Last edited:

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agreewith Kanaci, I have gone through this. I will answer the gentleman and report back. The larger co. will at times not even answer you without a geoligs report.

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Don Jose indeed you might have a very rich mineral deposit.

But as I was once told in exploration game the safest way to store minerals is to leave it in the ground? The cost of developing a modern mine to 21'st century standards and community expectations. Some times costs millions of dollars.

The stages in the life cycle of a mine are: 1) Prospecting and Exploration, 2) Development; 3) Extraction, and 4) Closure/Reclamation. Each of the stages may overlap with the next and is very lengthy and expensive.

(1) Prospecting and Exploration (“Finding and Defining it”)

Prospecting and exploration are precursors to mining and often occur simultaneously; together, they can take two to eight years to complete, and may cost from $500,000 to $15 million overall.

Prospecting:

is the process of searching the region for mineral deposits. Historically, prospectors would explore a region on foot with a pick and shovel. Modern prospecting uses a variety of geological methods. Geology experts use a direct method to discover surface mineral deposits by examining the area visually. Geophysics experts use an indirect method to identify underground mineral deposits by detecting rock alterations under the surface. Geochemistry can also be used to analyze samples of soil, rock, and water. These methods are supplemented by aerial or satellite photography, and combined with historical maps and literature to develop detailed maps of surface and underground rock formations. Drilling is used to search for mineral occurrences or the clues in the rocks that may lead to them. Information gathered in this stage may or may not lead to a discovery of valuable minerals.

In mining exploration, experts use additional techniques to determine the possible size and value of the mineral deposit discovered during prospecting. Depending on the ownership of the land, a Mineral Rights Lease, a contractual arrangement that allows the holder to explore/exploit an area that contains minerals, may be required. Samples that are collected by drilling undergo various analyses by geologists and metallurgists to determine the richness and extent of the mineral, both vertically and horizontally.

Such analyses of geological confidence and technical and economic evaluation allow experts to label the deposit as a “mineral resource” and/or an “ore reserve,” to better establish the economic value of the deposit and to estimate mining costs.

A mineral resource:

Is a concentration of potentially valuable material that naturally occurs in the earth that can potentially be mined for economic profit. Whether it is worth extracting now or later may depend on the amount, form, location, and quality of the material, a concept called geological confidence. Experts use geological sampling and testing methods to classify a mineral resource into three different categories according to geological confidence.

When the amount and quality of the mineral can be estimated with only a low level of confidence based on limited sampling, it is called an “inferred” mineral resource. Such a resource will likely not be mined at this time, but may be mined one day in the future, either because all other reserves have been exploited or because improvements in technology make it easier to extract less concentrated ores.

Additional sampling may allow the amount, quality, density, shape, and physical characteristics of the mineral to be estimated with a reasonable level of confidence, and it is classified as an “indicated” mineral resource. If further sampling and reliable and detailed exploration allow the amount, quality, density, shape, and physical characteristics of the mineral to be accurately estimated with a high level of confidence, it is classified as a “measured” mineral resource.

ore reserve:

is the part of the mineral resource that can be economically profitable to mine (i.e., there is enough valuable metal to be worth removing it and extracting it from all of the surrounding rock). After a deposit has been identified as an inferred, indicated, or measured mineral resource, it is next labeled as a “probable” or “proved” ore reserve. This classification is based on what is known about the mineral resource through sampling, combined with consideration of “modifying factors,” such as mining, metallurgic, economic, environmental, marketing, legal, political, and social factors.

With some information available about the concentration of the ore (i.e., indicated mineral resource), and some uncertainty in the modifying factors, the deposit can be labelled a probable ore reserve. A mine developed from a probable ore reserve has a chance of success, but is still financially risky. A measured mineral resource may also be labelled as only a possible ore reserve, if there is uncertainty in the consideration of the modifying factors; if these uncertainties can be removed, it may later be labelled a proved ore reserve.

When the concentration of ore has been accurately and confidently measured to be high (i.e. measured mineral resource), and there is limited uncertainty about the modifying factors, it is classified as a proved ore reserve. This is the highest confidence category of reserve estimate, implying high geological, technical, and economic confidence that it can be mined at a profit.

( Note when and only when this is proved the big mining companies will decided to put money in developing a mine )

Following the completion of the prospecting and exploration stages, a feasibility study is performed to formally determine whether it is economically worth developing the mineral deposit into a mine. A feasibility report is generated, in which factors such as production rate, operating costs, income tax, and the sale price of the mineral are estimated as well as put into a formula to calculate what the final rate of return will be. The mining organization can then make a decision about whether the project will be abandoned or continued at this stage.

(2) Development (“Planning and building it”)

The development stage usually takes 4-12 years to open an ore deposit for production, and may cost anywhere from $1 million to over $1 billion to complete depending on the type of mine. Development involves extensive pre-development planning and paperwork. Budget and financial reports are prepared and permits are requested. Reports regarding potential impacts on the environment and nearby communities are generated.

Plans are assessed regarding the: 1) the mining process/technology that will be used, 2) building of access roads for transportation, 3) identification of resources such as power and water sources, and 4) construction of ore processing facilities and disposal areas for waste. At this point, tens of millions to hundreds of millions of dollars may have been invested in the project, but it may fail to open if the pre-development requirements are not met, including acceptance by the community.

At this stage, just enough development of the mine site is performed to ensure that it will be able to be productive for the life of the mine, without later interruption.

Plans are made for the appropriate type of mining that will be performed. There are three major types of mining, surface mining, underground mining, and solution mining; their use depends on the type of ore and where it is located, as well as issues of safety, technology, economics, and environmental impacts.

Surface mining, which includes strip mining, open-pit mining, and mountaintop removal, removes soil and rock from on top of the mineral deposit. It may begin as soon as the pre-development steps are complete.

Underground mining uses shafts and tunnels to access deeply-buried mineral deposits, while the overlying rock is left in place. This type of mining is usually more expensive and complex, and requires a lot of additional planning for convenience and safety.

Solution mining, sometimes referred to as in situ leaching, is performed by pumping a leaching solution such as an acid into the ground, where the solution then dissolves the solid minerals into a liquid. This liquid containing the minerals is then pumped out of the ground and the mineral can then be recovered by various techniques.

(3) Extraction (“Mining it”)

In the extraction stage the mineral is removed from the earth in large quantities as the mine begins producing. This stage is typically what we envision when we think of mining. Some exploration and development may continue at this stage, as well. The extraction stage can take from 5-30 years to complete, although many mines have been open for more than 100 years, and may cost anywhere from a few million dollars to hundreds of millions of dollars a year depending on the size of the mine and its location.

(4) Closure/Reclamation (“Cleaning it up”)

The mining organization begins planning for mine closure and reclamation early on; even before a mine is allowed to open, a reclamation plan must be set in place for its closure. In these reclamation plans the mining operator describes the processes it will use to attempt to restore or redevelop the land that has been mined to a more natural or economically usable state.

This can include removing buildings and roads as well as covering up and re-vegetating rock piles. Federal and state regulations require mining companies to post funding for closure before the mining project begins. This is to ensure that reclamation is completed at the end of the mining closure. Once the mine has been depleted or is no longer economically feasible to continue mining, the mining operators must contact local and state agencies to close the mine, and must comply with their respective regulations.

The closure plan must be approved by a variety of mining stakeholders, including government and community members. Considerations when planning for closure include: protecting public health and safety, addressing environmental damage, returning the land to its original state or an acceptable new use, and sustaining social and economic benefits brought by the mine.

The succeeding custodian, the party responsible for the land after the mine closes, should establish an agreement with the mining company early in the life cycle of the mine, to develop a closure plan that minimizes risks and liabilities.

The cost of closing a mine depends on the age, location, type, and size of mine, amount of waste, geological characteristics, and type of mineral being extracted. For example, a medium-sized open-pit mine that is 10-15 years old could cost a few million dollars to close, while a large open-pit mine that has been operating for more than 35 years could cost tens of millions of dollars to close. It is often less expensive for a mining company operating the mine to close a mine themselves than for the succeeding custodian to close it.

Until all of these are addressed and developed into comprehensive plan. Then the mine will never eventuate.

So Don Jose I hope the company I PM you about will be interested in exploration of mineral exploration lease. In view of negotiated deal.

And what type of deal "A grandfather deal" in other words a percentage of mining royalties with payments that does not end when you die but can be passed onto heirs during the life time of the mine.

Here the problem you have no knowing for certain the size of your ore body of reserves it will be very hard to determine the exact value minable ore? So in effect at best deal would be for a small percentage of profits from the operation.

But my friend once you sign over any contractual deal, it is not you baby anymore. You just collect a percentage of royalties.

Like I said perhaps the exploration company I mention might be interested and come to some arrangement?

Kanacki

Last edited:

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And then there is the politics of each country, the local populations can stop or limit mining even with government approval.
Not to mention other factors such as narcoterrorism groups that exist in South America.......which can make even exploration extremely risky or impossible.
:coffee2: with supplement of course.

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And then there is the politics of each country, the local populations can stop or limit mining even with government approval.
Not to mention other factors such as narcoterrorism groups that exist in South America.......which can make even exploration extremely risky or impossible.
:coffee2: with supplement of course.

Hello Doc exactly....And not just in South America and not just narcoterrorism. I have seen extreme left wing environmental groups campaign against a project that could of create hundreds of secure jobs with best environment and anti pollution management plan regardless. I saw them use their own kids as pawns for their ideology to holding hands at site in front of camera sing sing ring a ring rosies and fall down like if they are poisoned. To me some thing short of child abuse after all that is what the Nazis did indoctrination of entire generation. Yet it worked spooked the government who with drew support.

Yet the hypocrisy of it all. Off they want on crusade to save the world to the next place to shut down. They all had smart phone and laptops. Made from the very materials that mining and manufacturing produced. Feeling so good about themselves oblivious to people losing their jobs mortgages marriages driving some to suicide.

Ironic too the companies just opened up in another country with less strict or no antipollution laws at all. Now so they pumping out pollution more than ever.

So I could not agree more.

Kanacki

: Michael-Robert.

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Sovereign America
Detector(s) used
Many
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Doc exactly....And not just in South America and not just narcoterrorism. I have seen extreme left wing environmental groups campaign against a project that could of create hundreds of secure jobs with best environment and anti pollution management plan regardless. I saw them use their own kids as pawns for their ideology to holding hands at site in front of camera sing sing ring a ring rosies and fall down like if they are poisoned. To me some thing short of child abuse after all that is what the Nazis did indoctrination of entire generation. Yet it worked spooked the government who with drew support.

Yet the hypocrisy of it all. Off they want on crusade to save the world to the next place to shut down. They all had smart phone and laptops. Made from the very materials that mining and manufacturing produced. Feeling so good about themselves oblivious to people losing their jobs mortgages marriages driving some to suicide.

Ironic too the companies just opened up in another country with less strict or no antipollution laws at all. Now so they pumping out pollution more than ever.

So I could not agree more.

Kanacki

Kanacki & Doc,

My adventures as well, amigos. While having many adventures in the Philippine Islands, which are a great place to find a wealth of treasure and gold; You must bare in mind some stressful or life-threatening inconveniences, i.e., scammers, bandits, kidnappers, roving NPA'S, armed Muslim separatists & other related groups(MNLF, BIFF, breakaway MILF factions & Abu Sayyaf), predatory police, military, gov't officials & local political kingpins.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread