Misc data and adventures of a Tayopa treasure hunter

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
Takes time to starve.
And we are assuming there is fire to cook with vs pork plagues /parasites.
And we still need to kill a pig before we can eat it.( A rock is not likely to work, and our teeth are too small. )
Having raised them and offed some , I'm confident their heads are tough.(Don't ask.)

And some folks do a rough job. Potentially scary away the decoy dame.
I'll spare readers an example of a former neighbor ,rabbitry partner's multiple attempts to kill a single rabbit (in front of the other rabbits too) before he came and got me.

Lol. OK, you win.

I got to get me one of them couches. They seem very comfy.

Rocks? lol no.
But making fire....easy. Sharpen a spear and burn the tip? ....we used to do that as kids.

(no decoys back then, just us, a bunch of hoodlums with adventure in our teenage brains)

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Lol. OK, you win.

I got to get me one of them couches. They seem very comfy.

Rocks? lol no.
But making fire....easy. Sharpen a spear and burn the tip? ....we used to do that as kids.

(no decoys back then, just us, a bunch of hoodlums with adventure in our teenage brains)

No couch in my home.
Floor, or wheelchair.
Still kill deer. (No fire hardened points though.)

Why you stressin that poor pig?:laughing7:
Reads like an excerpt from "Lord of the flies".

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
No couch in my home.
Floor, or wheelchair.
Still kill deer. (No fire hardened points though.)

Why you stressin that poor pig?:laughing7:
Reads like an excerpt from "Lord of the flies".

No, not stressin the poor pig. It was all hypothetically and just for fun. "Lord of the flies" has a somewhat long lost echo of childhood.
Had no idea about wheelchair. Sorry to hear.
Hunting deer still,...kudos. Good eatin'.
Turkey too?

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
in,s0 far as preserving the piggy's meat, may I refer you to my Explorations in Quintana Roo looking for Mayan ruins, where I had to preserve excess meat ( if there ever was any, and generally there wasn't) ,I used the sun to dry strips of meat ---- no refrigeration in the jungle---- So the skinny broad was saved from being"et""while there was a nice fat piggy
beef jerky

beef jerky recipe

how to make jerky

do you have to cook jerky before dehydrating

do you have to refrigerate jerky after opening

how to dry meat in the sun

is jerky cooked

what to do with jerky after dehydrating

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
No, not stressin the poor pig. It was all hypothetically and just for fun. "Lord of the flies" has a somewhat long lost echo of childhood.
Had no idea about wheelchair. Sorry to hear.
Hunting deer still,...kudos. Good eatin'.
Turkey too?

Hypothetically I'd be more worried about who owns the pigs.
My luck it would be a powerful chieftain who did not eat pork ,and had received them as a special gift.
Who would show up with a hundred men about the time I insulted the pig with a long to sharpen with a seashell lance....

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Rel, what gives with the wheelchair?

An industrial bite. 60 tons of force like a giant pair of shears.
First a crushing at belt level and while trying to extract myself while being squished, the meat was stripped from ankle to crotch on the leg I could not free.
Too many breaks and non viable tissue to save it. A pieced together butt end of a ham keeps me from tipping over when setting upright ,if careful.

Other means of mobility exist , but a chair allows stability , use of hands ,and things can be carried.
Dogs are my mainstay and it would be a greater challenge caring for them without using a chair.

No lamenting. No sorry.
I'm alive , and better off than many others.(Especially the guy that got caught killing one of the chieftains daughter's pet pigs....:laughing7:)
And if not cleverly agile ,at least mobile.
Can still climb on the tractors despite one's loader frame. Work clutch and brake together with one foot. Life is good. We simply adapt.

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
Hypothetically I'd be more worried about who owns the pigs.
My luck it would be a powerful chieftain who did not eat pork ,and had received them as a special gift.
Who would show up with a hundred men about the time I insulted the pig with a long to sharpen with a seashell lance....

Got busted again. We/I shalt behave, in view of the new scenario.

Hat off to you R/C.:notworthy:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Lol. So be it, then. I deliver the offering already cooked and wrapped. Sorry, no fries on the island. But surf and turf is possible.

What about the gal/siren?
sirens-4324.jpg

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watch it,rev, just because I have been threatening to write the story of Tayopa for 10 years is ------well what is your hurry ? I still have plenty of time, am only 95.

Last edited:

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't.
I'll beat you in most any race. Grab the gold/silver. Steal the girl. Cheat at cards....
Except book writing maybe , I'm not to sure about who'd finish first....(Ouch!:icon_scratch:)

What about the Liquor challenge? You can't omit that one, ...even if Don Jose is under aged.

A man's gotta do...what a man's gotta do...gotta do...do.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Rev, I just spoke to the chieftain. It's OK, and it's legal. But how could you ever leave that island with these two in tow?

I guess, waving at any passing ship is out of question now. Think about that.

Leave?
I could handle a year or several with no snow....
Ocean front view while enjoying a pleasant clime.
Pork rinds.
Agreable wimmin ,maybe.
Might have to dodge the Siren.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread