Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally I believe that this M ercuy thing is vastly overplayed.it is similar to man causing the global warming.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Kak haroshyi muzika, tovarischi. Spasyba.

A ghto muziku ni lyiubity, nyet haroshyi chelaviek.

Anyway, keep it coming............Lol.

(sorry, no cyrillic keyboard)

So which one of you guys is Fancy Bear and which is Cozy Bear?

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee:

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
So which one of you guys is Fancy Bear and which is Cozy Bear?

Lol,...you mean...Russian Bear?....or Teddy Bear?

Bear hunting season starts in late fall in the lower 48's. I don't know about Alaska. We bought Alaska from the .....you know.

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Mikel,we were talking about the rediculus reaction that they have for mercury, it is for a certain type of Mercury, not liquid Mercury. As a kiddie I a,m turning various coinsilvery color. I remarked how in the Norden bomb sight shop we had no windows or any kind of forced ventilation, so the shop being in the tropics was super-saturated with Mercury vppor, t am sure tou played around with liquid mercury as a kid. One report that I read of, they replaced the rugs and soil surrounding the house because a mercury thermometer had broken sheesh. We used the liquid Mercury to establish a true vertical in the Norden Bombsight As far as I could find out none of us were affected or were crazy. Shut Up, no remarks from the gallery

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jose, I still play with my mercury!!
I’m thinking about dropping my wedding ring into my mercury, then hammering it into a cube, and heating it out, into a baked potato 🥔 and cooling the potato and grinding the potato in water, to reclaim my mercury so I can do it all over again!!!

As for the carpet and topsoil over a tiny spill, that is polluting more air with the machinery to replace the lawn, not to mention the chemicals that are used to make the rug! !

These are the same minds that say that there is enough mercury in a watch battery to turn twenty tons of garbage into twenty tons of toxic waste!?!

They probably don’t think of that, when they toss an old watch or hearing-aide.

I can’t imagine how many times that my mom treated one of my scraps and cuts with “ monkey blood “
Mercurochrome!

Probably not any money in suing the manufacturer of that stuff....

I wonder how these people find their way home at the end of the day !!

#/;0{>~(c)

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The old Spanish miners used Mercury for refining . That was after they used Salt for the patio process, then came the Mercury one. The kings ministers had already figured a form of pretax by noting how much metal could be reclaimed by such and such ( mercury - salt) hence salt works and mercury were strictly a govt business, a monopoly

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The old Spanish miners used Mercury for refining . That was after they used Salt for the patio process, then came the Mercury one. The kings ministers had already figured a form of pretax by noting how much metal could be reclaimed by such and such ( mercury - salt) hence salt works and mercury were strictly a govt business, a monopoly

Yes, Jose.
The laws were very strict about the use of mercury. If it was used in the field, and not documented and reported specifically before the final refinement, the mine owners could lose all of their mines!

And at the same time, the miners that used it and reported it legally, were protected by Spanish law, to buy the mercury at cost.

But the paper trail had to be iron clad.

I don’t remember reading any of the laws about salt, I have heard about it being used , but nothing more.

Can you fill me in on it??

#/;0{>~(c)

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mikel first they constructed a shallow basin lined with stones, then filled it with with crushed ore,then sprinkled salt over the crushed ore then proceeded to mix the crushed ore and salt by having indians continuously walking in the mixture ( first they were rumored to have had burros,then they found that the chloride rotted the hoove ,and then decided that the Indians were cheaper human other words they reduced the to Silver or Gold chloride, and went fo there. ?)

Last edited:

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does that mean that the salt bonded with the gold, as a leaching agent?...
Similar to cyanid... I know where there is some ore that has a small amount of gold and silver mixed!?!

If the microscopic gold would draw out with salt, it might be worth working with!?!!

#/;0{>~(c)

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
MIKEL FOR SOME REASON I CAN'T"LIKE" SOME OF YOUR POSTS, PLEASE CONSIDER THIS IS A LIKE.

Keep it coming amigos!

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes, the salt goes into comb. as Gold or Silver Chloride. slower and more labor intensive process.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, interesting thing is that salt at times has been more valuable than gold!!
This process must have only been utilized near an abundant natural source of salt.

Hard to imagine adding the mining/hauling/processing of salt into the gold extraction process and still be profitable.
Guess with slave labor anything can be done.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread