PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a new neighbor, that knows where a small community once stood.

There are no buildings left standing, but there are a few corner stones left undisturbed. He says that the entire town died from some sort of flu [emoji40]!

Of coarse it all supposedly happened around the time of the civil war!!?

It sounds like it could be a “killer“ hunt,
One way or another...

Putting a shovel in the ground, kinda makes me wonder exactly what will come up!?

#/;0{>~(c)

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I talked to my new neighbor today, about this mystery community...

He and one of his friends came upon this place, while hiking and looking for caves.

They did find a couple of collapsed buildings , one had a sign that said it was the General Store...

He thinks that there was a railroad pad (no rails or ties) , so.....
I spent a few hours researching the railroad history, and sure enough, there are tracks in that general area.

I have been out in that area, with my landlady’s son. He took me out to property that he owns to look at it for a metal detector work out.

This area is developing into a history lesson... The boots on the ground type!!

Cooler weather is on order for that.

Bits and pieces of tracks are showing up on maps. I’m getting interested.

#/;0{>~(c)

Shortfinger

Apr 7, 2015
Valley Center, CA/Yuma, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! Amazing what happens when you are gone for a couple of days (okay, 5 months). Kanacki tales, Don Jose tales, even Oro tales, Ditlhi back, and in New Mexico, some new people (welcome all), Mikel has an interesting new site to check out, and other things too numerous to mention. Keep 'em coming, guys and gals.:coffee2::coffee2::coffee2:

JB

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
WOW! Amazing what happens when you are gone for a couple of days (okay, 5 months). Kanacki tales, Don Jose tales, even Oro tales, Ditlhi back, and in New Mexico, some new people (welcome all), Mikel has an interesting new site to check out, and other things too numerous to mention. Keep 'em coming, guys and gals.:coffee2::coffee2::coffee2:

JB

Ditto, keep 'em coming!

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The new site is a conglomeration of pieces of railroad tracks that have been taken up in some places and left in others.
One piece in particular, spans a 70-100 yards that one would expect to see an old wooden structure, but it is built up with dirt and rocks, with several tunnels at the bottom, to allow the water to pass through.

There is much brush to clear away, just to see how many of the tunnels there actually are.

The tunnels are made of stones and cement. I couldn’t see any mason s/s but have seen only three of the tunnels so far

There is also a square shaped area of pine trees in the midst of a hardwood forest. I have looked at it on Google earth. And the pines are not planted in straight rows, on this particular site.

There are other pine patches on other areas that have track pieces left and some,still standing where the tracks and the pads only show up on old maps (no signs of the gaps on Google earth )

There Is also a ghost town that my neighbor has seen, while hiking in search of caves that are buried, according to folklore.
The ghost town is mostly gone but he said that they found one collapsed building with a sign that said “GENERAL STORE”

He said that the old town was wiped out by some sort of medical epidemic.

Not much detail on that, as they came out of the woods, on a County road and found their way back to their vehicle by staying on the roads.

We are waiting for cooler weather to start anything on the first site, but I am working on the ghost town research but not making much progress.
I’m hoping to find something in the history of the railroad.

This hunt will most likely be a metal detecting search, but there will likely be a few campsites and dump areas with glass bottles and such.

At this point, we have ignition, but no lift off!!!

Cool weather is on it’s way....

#/;0{>~(c)

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe someone can translate, or define one or both of these.

I picked them up at a yard sale.

I have no idea what they mean, at all.

Just curious....

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1565907640.219059.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1565907687.137337.jpg

????

#/;0{>~

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe someone can translate, or define one or both of these.

I picked them up at a yard sale.

I have no idea what they mean, at all.

Just curious....

View attachment 1743345
View attachment 1743346

????

#/;0{>~

I am torn between King Solomon symbolism and old alchemy symbols...Maybe someone has a better idea of what they are...https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1...kAhUGsZ4KHUiFClUQsAR6BAgCEAE&biw=1366&bih=639
https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1...AgHEAE&biw=1366&bih=639#imgrc=w1oEBCBaNGLSZM:

Ed T

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ever read the Wisdom of Solomon?

I can't say that I have Oro...I have only read what is written in the Holy Bible...I believe it is the Song of Solomon and such...

At times I am confused about Solomon's wisdom when I read about how many talents of gold Solomon received from Ophir...You know the 666 talents of gold and such...

Heck...At times I wonder IF I have not stumbled upon King Solomon's Ophir...lol...I guess that we just may never know...It would be something IF I am part of the great work...

I still wonder what has happened to what I call the seal of the living God...Only time will tell...hehehe...I'm still wondering about a few things...But I believe that in due season the answers to those questions will be revealed to me...

Ed T

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I can't say that I have Oro...I have only read what is written in the Holy Bible...I believe it is the Song of Solomon and such...

At times I am confused about Solomon's wisdom when I read about how many talents of gold Solomon received from Ophir...You know the 666 talents of gold and such...

Heck...At times I wonder IF I have not stumbled upon King Solomon's Ophir...lol...I guess that we just may never know...It would be something IF I am part of the great work...

I still wonder what has happened to what I call the seal of the living God...Only time will tell...hehehe...I'm still wondering about a few things...But I believe that in due season the answers to those questions will be revealed to me...

Ed T
They have nothing to do with Solomon, more akin to Rosicrucians and other mystic nonsense

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used

Ed T

Ed here is a link to a site with several different translations, as you know sometimes the way an ancient text has been translated can be misleading or outright erroneous.

Wisdom of Solomon

Despite what Alan M said, it is an interesting read and might be right up your alley with your earlier posts.

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ed here is a link to a site with several different translations, as you know sometimes the way an ancient text has been translated can be misleading or outright erroneous.

Wisdom of Solomon

Despite what Alan M said, it is an interesting read and might be right up your alley with your earlier posts.

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

Thanks for posting a link to the wisdom of Solomon Oro...But I really don't think that I will be doing much reading on said subject...After all...IF I am part of the great work and I believe that I am the one that is even wiser than Solomon...I will have to pass on reading up on said subject...And IF by chance I have been shown the location of Ophir...I do not really believe that I will be doing much mining at said location...Why not some might ask???Well...I believe that Solomon was a vain man...He was into pleasures of the world more than anyone in the Bible...Or at lest this is what I believe...I am a poor man...IF it is My Father's will to return to said location one day...Maybe I will...Heck...I have even made the claim that I am the Alpha and Omega...At least the first and the last to have been sealed by the seal of the living God...lol...I really don't know how much longer I have to live in this life...But I could really care less about proving some of the claims I have made...Life is short and there are much better things to do in it than proving my claims to certain people who would like me to do such a thing...As IF God would have chosen a raving lunatic as myself to work for him...hehehe...Oh well...Solomon was a wise man...But wouldn't if be something IF he was/is the beast???And what if money and credit is the mark of Solomon???AS IF...

Ed T

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Thanks for posting a link to the wisdom of Solomon Oro...But I really don't think that I will be doing much reading on said subject...After all...IF I am part of the great work and I believe that I am the one that is even wiser than Solomon...I will have to pass on reading up on said subject...And IF by chance I have been shown the location of Ophir...I do not really believe that I will be doing much mining at said location...Why not some might ask???Well...I believe that Solomon was a vain man...He was into pleasures of the world more than anyone in the Bible...Or at lest this is what I believe...I am a poor man...IF it is My Father's will to return to said location one day...Maybe I will...Heck...I have even made the claim that I am the Alpha and Omega...At least the first and the last to have been sealed by the seal of the living God...lol...I really don't know how much longer I have to live in this life...But I could really care less about proving some of the claims I have made...Life is short and there are much better things to do in it than proving my claims to certain people who would like me to do such a thing...As IF God would have chosen a raving lunatic as myself to work for him...hehehe...Oh well...Solomon was a wise man...But wouldn't if be something IF he was/is the beast???And what if money and credit is the mark of Solomon???AS IF...

Ed T

OK Ed it was just a suggestion. IF you find the time and have nothing to do, it is interesting reading and you can find bits that appear in the Quran, which is pretty odd if you think about it.

Good luck and good hunting, I hope you find the treasures that you seek.
Oroblanco

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2: :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread